What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-ba

Post Whore
Complete and utter BS.

The Roosters did better than Souths or the Dogs. People seem to forgot how (consistently) sh*thouse it is to get home from the SFS.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
As opposed to ANZ? It's the same fugging story (on public transport anyway). Even allowing for the Easter Show you need to get on average 2 trains, sometimes 3 into Olympic Park - and then you have people who would've been reluctant due to Easter Show crowds.

Not sure why I'm defending it when I'm one who did go (and took the family with me, get me a hero badge :sarcasm:) but I really think 21k in the rain is a decent effort given both teams were in sh*te form and there was very little build up.

t-ba

Post Whore
and 18k for the other match was a better effort, considering:

a) It was raining
b) It was against an out of Sydney Side.
d) It's the SFS, and nowhere near a train station (kind of factors into the IT WAS RAINING point).
e) Public Transport outside of the Olympic precinct was on weekend timetables.

I don't see what's so hard to accept about it.

I feel I deserve a bigger and shinier medal for catching public transport to Newcastle tonight however. Preferably with sapphire inlay.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm driving in the rain to get there. Even bigger medal, perhaps with a diamond inlay ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
Sh*tty rail = ultimate sacrifice.

Sh*tty rail for 400km = the 12 stations of the cross. I should have caught it yesterday.

Timmah

Staff member
At least CC/Newc line has intercity trains meaning decent enough seats (in comparison to Syd Suburban trains) though...

Think about it t-ba... I'm gonna be on the F3, in the rain, on a long weekend... and I'm a bad driver :fist:

t-ba

Post Whore
I have to leave the game 20 minutes early to go home.

If you like trains so much, maybe you should catch one!

m0j0

Bench
t-ba said:
Sh*tty rail = ultimate sacrifice.

Sh*tty rail for 400km = the 12 stations of the cross. I should have caught it yesterday.

Sh!t, t-ba. You should be on your way by now. The walk from Broadmeadow station in the rain should be enough by itself to put people off, let alone having to ride the Sh!tty Rail that distance. You'll be very lucky if there's no "buses replacing trains" for a portion of your journey.

Get going now, boy!

Timmah

Staff member
t-ba said:
I have to leave the game 20 minutes early to go home.

If you like trains so much, maybe you should catch one!

Did enough of that last night tbh. The Newcastle service due to leave Strathfield at 9:58 finally pulled out of the station at about 10:28.

The following service was actually the 10:28... god only knows how late that one was.

Would've been better of driving last night and praying for a park. Normally I don't have too many issues with Cityrail but last night's efforts were woeful. I hope for your sake they aren't duplicated tonight.

Timmah

Staff member
m0j0 said:
Sh!t, t-ba. You should be on your way by now. The walk from Broadmeadow station in the rain should be enough by itself to put people off, let alone having to ride the Sh!tty Rail that distance. You'll be very lucky if there's no "buses replacing trains" for a portion of your journey.

Get going now, boy!

Take your togs for the canal swim :lol:

t-ba

Post Whore
If the Train was half an hour late I'd be pretty happy...As long as sh*tty rail told me in advance.

t-ba said:
and 18k for the other match was a better effort, considering:

a) It was raining
b) It was against an out of Sydney Side.
d) It's the SFS, and nowhere near a train station (kind of factors into the IT WAS RAINING point).
e) Public Transport outside of the Olympic precinct was on weekend timetables.

I don't see what's so hard to accept about it.

I feel I deserve a bigger and shinier medal for catching public transport to Newcastle tonight however. Preferably with sapphire inlay.

Didn't the dogs/souths fans have the incentive of Easter Show ticket packages as well?

t-ba

Post Whore
F*ck it. I'm going to risk my life in Downtown Newcastle and wait for the 2:39 train. I can handle myself for a few hours.

nqboy

First Grade
Geez, it sounds like a drama down there whether you drive or take public transport. No thanks.

t-ba

Post Whore
In the Civilised world, 200km trips typically aren't that simple. Then again, Woollies is a 5 minute walk up the road and I don't have to get on the shortwave radio to ignore my next door neighbour.

Besides, would I have any chance of catching public transport home from say Innisfail at 9:00pm on a saturday to Cairns?

nqboy

First Grade
Nah. We live pretty much without public transport up here and you don't miss what you never had. And yeah, DFS is a prick of a place to get to and out of on game day but we put up with it as the price of living in paradise I guess.

I went down to Sydney a few times in the early 90s and PT my way round 3-4 games a weekend with no problems. Things must have changed an awful lot for the worse since then.

There's got to be a lot more thought put into the planning of stadiums in terms of transport infrastructure in the future. We're probably stuck with the stadiums we have so we might have to pin our hopes on FFA getting soccer's WC in 2018 to improve things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts