What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
dallymessenger said:
so the knights get more for a club game than the local soccer side got for a PL Final in better weather
:lol:

Just a pity that the Crusade were the only noisemakers until about 65 minutes in.

Timmah

Staff member
21,839 @ ANZ
18,724 @ SFS
7,509 @ CUA
18,117 @ EAS
20,655 @ DFS

Total 86,844
Average 17,369

Three games remaining, predictions:
16,000 @ MSS
13,400 @ OPS
14,000 @ WIN

Should put us about 15-16 avg I think... :?

mattyg

Bench
thats poor panthers...very poor...i know the conditions weren't good but its only rd 2...anything under 10k at this stage is a disgrace.

on another note, next sunday dogs v tigers could be massive!!

In-goal

Bench
That Penrith crowd is a disgrace, maybe it's time the NRL looked to centralise all Sydney teams as these dilapidated parks are not worthy of proffesional sport.

Timmah

Staff member
Excellent idea and something, as much as I hate the Roosters, that both clubs should be proud of for endorsing and actioning. Anything less than 30k for that game in two weeks time will be a major disappointment.

beave

Coach
nqboy said:
Surprising and disappointing.

it is easter and all. I had a spare ticket to go to the game and I couldn't find a person that I work with that was going to be in town (i work with about 40 other blokes). Most people up here went away for the weekend.

Moffo

Referee
it was pissing it down in penrith on saturday afternoon

tim, if you think melbourne are going to get 13.4k on a sunday afternoon you've got bigger sized rocks in your head then i thought

Timmah

Staff member
They got fugging 20k last week, they're premiers. I'll be stunned if they get below 11.5

Billythekid

First Grade
Gee what a great advertisement for our game, 7,500 people. I guess on the bright side not many people got to see the crappy performance on the field.

Anything below 10K nowadays is just disgraceful. We're talking about growing our game and even competing with the AFL and then we get a crowd like that.

fanatique

Juniors
Pretty decent crowds at Souths and Easts but what a shocker at Penrith. 7,503 fr a first home game is simply shocking no matter what the weather is like. I know they were poor in Brisbane but that is lamentable and does not bode well for their season.

Timmah

Staff member
Where has this 7k figure come from? I can't find it on:

penrith.panthers.com.au
raiders.com.au
leaguehq
foxsports
nrl
sportal.

where is it ffs? :fist:

nqboy

First Grade
beave said:
it is easter and all. I had a spare ticket to go to the game and I couldn't find a person that I work with that was going to be in town (i work with about 40 other blokes). Most people up here went away for the weekend.
That takes care of the disappointing aspect but the surprising aspect remains unanswered. Watching the game on TV, the left and right ends of the eastern stand looked pretty full and that's why I thought it was going to be a big crowd because they are normally close to empty when we have around 20K.

nqboy

First Grade
The Warriors have done the right thing by winning big on a sunny afternoon in front of what looks like a good crowd (I missed the figure, anyone catch it?). Hopefully they'll all come next home game and bring some mates who drift back in anticipation of a home team win..

ByRd

First Grade
I think the Warriors figure was 15, 202. Not a bad effort and the good win should bring more back next time.

Timmah

Staff member
Wasn't too far off with my predicition for Mt Smart tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts