What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
I'm quite happy with the roosters crowd. The bulldogs souths crowd is a little disappointing (these two clubs should be getting 30K plus) but it's hard to complain about 20K plus crowds.

mattyg

Bench
a bit dissapointing but OK considering the rain and everyone knowing the easter show was next door...if both teams had come off wins there woulda been 30k there. I think there could be quite a few for dogs v tigers next week

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
21,839 @ ANZ
18,724 @ SFS

2 games
40,653 Total

Average 20,282

Timmah

Staff member
Billythekid said:
I'm quite happy with the roosters crowd. The bulldogs souths crowd is a little disappointing (these two clubs should be getting 30K plus) but it's hard to complain about 20K plus crowds.

:?

OK with an 18k crowd.... but upset with a 21k crowd elsewhere :?

Riiiight.

t-ba

Post Whore
2 of the (apparently) bigger Sydney Sides verses an (apparently) poorly supported Sydney side and a Queensland side.

The Roosters probably brought more to the party tonight than any of the other three clubs.

mattyg

Bench
40k all up in Sydney tonight with the Easter Show on, the long weekend and in pretty poor weather - good effort!!!

Timmah

Staff member
Let's put the shoe on the other foot:

- Two teams coming off sh*tty losses, both missing their star playmaker
- Two teams coming off great wins, both in a precinct where transport was considerably easier given there was no Easter Show to contend with next door.

Not to mention the weather...

ozzie

Bench
Timmah said:
:?

OK with an 18k crowd.... but upset with a 21k crowd elsewhere :?

Riiiight.
I think he is saying both sides come from the ANZ so really the crowd could have been bigger -

In-goal

Bench
I think all Sydney crowds have been below par so far, honeslty round 1 should have averaged alot more considering it is the centenary.

Did watch the AFL on Thursday and they had 72K at their opener.

t-ba

Post Whore
Timmah said:
Let's put the shoe on the other foot:

- Two teams coming off sh*tty losses, both missing their star playmaker
- Two teams coming off great wins, both in a precinct where transport was considerably easier given there was no Easter Show to contend with next door.

Not to mention the weather...

Star Playmaker? Bulldogs?

Customary dig out of the way, getting to ANZ would have been dead easy tonight considering that you only have to catch one train from Central.

eels_fan_01

Bench
40 thousand all up to me is a pretty good effort.

I mean how many times in years gone past could we say that two games in Sydney on the same night could pull a total of 40 thousand when the weather was terrible.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
You dogs fans are using the show as an excuse... if anything it would contribute to the crowd as alot would go to the show during the day and the game at night.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
this time last year the bulldogs fans were saying because of the show they'd get a big crowd ( which they did) shall i bring up the threads?

phonetic

Juniors
Yes it was a Souths home game, but there were plenty of Dogs fans.

Quite a dead atmosphere I thought. I guess it was quite a low quality game.

Timmah

Staff member
t-ba said:
Star Playmaker? Bulldogs?

Customary dig out of the way, getting to ANZ would have been dead easy tonight considering that you only have to catch one train from Central.

Getting home was the bigger issue, the game finished the same time as the main arena entertainment. Not sure if you're well versed with Cityrail's sh*thouse service but a lot of people would've stayed away for that.

Mr F said:
You dogs fans are using the show as an excuse... if anything it would contribute to the crowd as alot would go to the show during the day and the game at night.

Where am I using the Show as an excuse? Sure, the crowd could've been bigger but the crowd was at least 4k above a normal season average... that's not exactly terrible.

eels fan 01 has it on the head - a few years ago under the same circumstances we would not have managed 40k between two matches in Sydney on the same night.

nqboy

First Grade
t-ba said:
2 of the (apparently) bigger Sydney Sides verses an (apparently) poorly supported Sydney side and a Queensland side.

The Roosters probably brought more to the party tonight than any of the other three clubs.
Don't let facts get in the way of Timmah's good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.