What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reducing strong clubs does, reducing weak clubs that will probably never attain the things above?

I really like the new ESL system that clearly lays out a framework of what is considered acceptable for a club to be in the top flight and if you don't meet it, and a better prospect comes along, then your out. Give clubs 5 year franchises and set targets they have to reach. That way fans will have no one to blame other than their own club management if a club gest booted for under performing.

id say all sydney clubs are stronger than canberra, warriors and storm financially.

even a club like cronulla who imo are the weakest have a solid future

BrisVegas

Juniors
According to the paper MX, the Broncos V Titans game had 10,000 unsold tickets as of this morning. A decent walk up crowd should see this game hitting the high 40k's.

Brutus

Referee
That's a poor looking crowd for 3 vs 4 at Shark Park.

I can remember these two teams playing on a Saturday night a few years back at the same ground - it was packed.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Pathetic by Shark fans, I think the shire population is far too worried about gettin on the piss at the sting bar rather than supporting their footy team. It is freezing cold but your team is in the top 4 for ef sake..

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
It was? I live in Brisbane and the only time it rained today was for about 5min at around 12pm.

It was an absolutely beautiful day until 3:30 or so when it became overcast and started raining heavily. It's still quite windy+raining as I type this. That being said it I don't think it would've affected the crowd too much, 90% of those tickets would've been sold before today.

fanatique

Juniors
just because AFL gets bigger crowds than RL doesnt mean much to me.

im not insecure about it like lots of people are.

we dominate on TV, they dominate in crowds. big deal. if i had to pick, id take TV dominance.

as long as our crowds are growing im happy.

i grew up in sydney when a crowd of 10,000 was big, now its considered a dud. ive seen crowds of 3000 or so regularly in sydney.

now 20,000 is a good crowd, and we even get 30,000 for some games as well in sydney which was unheard of when i was a teenager.

look at a club like the tigers through the 80s when they were a strong side and their crowd averages were around 10,000 - 11,000 tops.

we have made massive strides on the crowd front and it will only get better with grounds getting done and marketing efforts being put into place.

its worth logging on just to read you DM.

'We dominate in crowds" Will you tell OZTAM please. They seem to disagree.

AFL has more television viewers nationwide than we do despite out game being made for TV and owned by a company which is only interested in ratings. Live with it.

Put both on freeview nationwide at the same time and only one winner.

That said pathetic at Shark Park and Suncorp. 10K is unforgivable.

brendothejet

First Grade
afl doesnt really dominate in TV figures.

But then again TV figures can be spun more ways than one so...

Put it this way, the AFL would kill for what we have on Television in NSW and QLD, we would kill for their crowds.

onlyt difference is the AFL will aggressively go after it.

Status
Not open for further replies.