What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastsrule

Bench
saints arent playing tonight dopey.

ill be at the gong tomorrow though.

how does 39,000 compare to an ARC crowd?
:lol:

You said in TFC that you go to Saints games and games at Homebush, because you live near there.

Did you lie, chandos?

I hope not.

We wouldn't want you to be exposed as a closet AFL fan and a not real supporter of Rugby League in Australia.

You said in TFC that you go to Saints games and games at Homebush, because you live near there.

Did you lie, chandos?

I hope not.

We wouldn't want you to be exposed as a closet AFL fan and a not real supporter of Rugby League in Australia.

why not ask the mods?
:lol:

Dutchy

Immortal
Dogs have a home ground average of 15, Tigers 15...

2-3k below combined averages.

*edit* 3164 under Dogs/Tigers combined home averages.

Last edited:

Frailty

First Grade
Dogs have a home ground average of 15, Tigers 15...

2-3k below combined averages.

*edit* 3164 under Dogs/Tigers combined home averages.

Bulldogs V Parra - Big Rivalry...
Wests V Manly - Fibros V Silvertales....

Fairly poor crowd given the games, in my opinion anyways.

Apey

Staff member
sh*t crowd at the Knights, approximately 10,300

Oh well, always proud to be one of them I guess. :)

bartman

Immortal
Bulldogs V Parra - Big Rivalry...
Wests V Manly - Fibros V Silvertales....

Fairly poor crowd given the games, in my opinion anyways.
I didn't expect it to get above 30,000 tbh. They tried to build it up with the Fibros-Silvers stuff during the week, but I don;t think that appeals to modern day casual fans, who might see the NRL as somewhat detached from its history...

And it felt emptier than the combined crowd figure, since a lot of Dogs/Eels fans seemed to turn up closer to their game time, and a lot of Tiges/Manly fans seemed to leave after their game.

I think they need to hold double-headers like that at the start of the season, when the four Sydney teams involved all still have the season ahead of them and optimism is high. You just can't guarantee that this close to the semis. And for a bigger crowd you also need to have it on a day/time when all three games (incl U20s) are not on live to Foxtel, giving people the option to get the same experience in the local pub, or tehir own loungeroom if they already pay for a subscription.

And the standard of ffoty on display was very poor anyway I thought! Even though my team won.

Status
Not open for further replies.