What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Very disappointing weekend of crowds.

Shark Park, EAS, Souths and even the double header and WIN Stadium were all poor.

As has been said, neither of those games would've reached that height so good on them for choosing it. No pleasing some people though.

Timmah

Staff member
Really? You think WT v Manly would've got say, 20,000? Bulldogs Eels could've attracted 15-20k itself? Who the f*ck are you kidding. There were 27,000 fans in that stadium and it looked much better than your average Saturday night at ANZ. It was a good idea with a better than expected (for me anyway) result.

Brutus

Referee
Really? You think WT v Manly would've got say, 20,000? Bulldogs Eels could've attracted 15-20k itself? Who the f*ck are you kidding. There were 27,000 fans in that stadium and it looked much better than your average Saturday night at ANZ. It was a good idea with a better than expected (for me anyway) result.

Of course it was a good idea.

But the combined crowds of the games had they been standalone matches would have been bigger than 27k in my eyes.

No Bulldogs v Eels match gets lower than 15k these days even with the Dogs playing like bustards.

Manly v Wests at Leichhardt on a Sunday - 18-20k
Manly v Wests on a Sunday at ANZ probably a tad less.

Timmah

Staff member
NK, how many times can I say it? I understand you have circumstances... but given the fact you don't attend, how the f*ck can you knowingly bag poor crowds? Weak stuff.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I'd go if there was less night games and cheaper tickets

And if the Knights went on a 50-game winning streak :roll:

Timmah

Staff member
i was kidding

with luck, ill go to all home games next season

I sincerely hope you try - being in that position I can tell you it's not always possible but good to see you at least wanting to commit to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts