What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tigers/Sharks @ Leichhardt - 15k (Friday night & traffic issues will frighten people away)
Roosters/Rabbitohs @ SFS - 19k
Knights/Storm @ EAS - 22k (anything less for old boys night/Bedsy's farewell lap will be a disgrace)
Cowboys/Raiders @ DFS - 20k (don't know why but I think they might be coming back at Townsville... and if NQ win the spoon is discarded)
Dragons/Eels @ ANZ - 15k
Warriors/Panthers @ Mt Smart - 15k (playing for a finals spot, surely they'll show up)
Bulldogs/Broncos @ ANZ - 16k (final home game, farewell to Corey)
Sea Eagles/Titans @ Brookvale - 18k (Beaver's last premiership season home game)

HOPEFULLY an total of 140k which averages to around 17,500.

Still not great, and I'm being optimistic too :(

Brutus

Referee
That's interesting Timmah.

16k for broncos v dogs? (you did say you were being optimistic I guess)

You were saying only 11 or 12k for Dogs v Parra if it was to be a standalone game.

The pulling power of Corey...

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
I'd say simply because it's our last home game really... Sydney-based Broncos fans will be gunning for that top 4 finish and should turn up - most members I imagine will show - I'm optimistic - we need a big finish.

JW

Coach
15,000 @ Leichhardt
15,000 @ SFS
18,000 @ EAS
17,000 @ DFS
13,000 @ ANZ (Sat)
11,000 @ Mt Smart
12,000 @ ANZ (Sun)
15,000 @ Brookvale

Average - 14,500

Timmah

Staff member
15,000 @ Leichhardt
15,000 @ SFS
18,000 @ EAS
17,000 @ DFS
13,000 @ ANZ (Sat)
11,000 @ Mt Smart
12,000 @ ANZ (Sun)
15,000 @ Brookvale

Average - 14,500

There'll be more than 18k @ EAS, and far more than 11k at Mt Smart. Min 16-17k for Brookvale.

JW

Coach
You'd think so Timmah, but I generally tend to be a bit conservative with my predictions. Avoids dissapointment, lol.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I sincerely hope you try - being in that position I can tell you it's not always possible but good to see you at least wanting to commit to that.

Thanks Timmah.

I will even try to go to all Sydney games and possibly Queensland & Melbourne away trips.

I've got family in North Queensland, a place could Gympie (about 2 hours north of Brisbane) and a place called Moe in Victoria (1.5 hours out of Melbourne) so accomodation is no probs.

Last edited:

Red Bear

Referee
Tigers/Sharks @ Leichhardt - 15k (friday night doesnt help, would be about 18 000-sold out on a sunday)
Roosters/Rabbitohs @ SFS - 19k
Knights/Storm @ EAS - 22k (sold out if on a sunday/not 5:30 saturday or monday night)
Cowboys/Raiders @ DFS - 15k
Dragons/Eels @ ANZ - 15k
Warriors/Panthers @ Mt Smart - 15k (playing for a finals spot, Wiki's last match in NZ)
Bulldogs/Broncos @ ANZ - 10k (why the hell is this the sunday arvo match)
Sea Eagles/Titans @ Brookvale - 15k (sold out if a sunday, will be lucky to get 15k i think)

This is the classic example of a round that, without being at the mercy of TV broadcasters, we could easily get larger crowds at at least 3 of the games.

Perth Red

Post Whore
you can't blame TV alone. TV pays us the lion share of the money in the game, he who pays the piper and all that!

Timmah

Staff member
I'm hearing that Suncorp Stadium have tried to stress the official crowd from Friday's Broncos/Titans match was in fact 42,757, and 3,000 scans were missed.

Anyone heard anything?

Brutus

Referee
I'm hearing that Suncorp Stadium have tried to stress the official crowd from Friday's Broncos/Titans match was in fact 42,757, and 3,000 scans were missed.

Anyone heard anything?

It did look a little more than the figure posted and with over 42k sold the morning of the game you would have to think the 42.7 figure sounds closer to the mark.

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
2 Crap crowds on Fri night great way to start the round....

Roosters fans hello is there any body out there??? You are in the top 4, its a local derby against Souths and you get 18k ,,,, disgraceful

bartman

Immortal
IS MNF on the nose, has the novelty worn off,,,
Was it ever not on the nose?

I hope it dies a quick death, and we get another Sunday or Saturday arvo game especially in Sydney where there's a danger the crowded sports market is squeezing out league.

Screw the TV ratings, let's do it for the live crowds and the families and oldies who may not want to go to winter night games, but who used to make up a fair proportion of the live crowds when big games and local derbies drew closer to 30,000 than 15,000.

elbusto

Coach
I have followed League for the past 30 years faithfully. But in my opinion the competition is in the worst shape I have seen it. The crowds in Sydney this year have been pathetic and its near impossible to get excited about the games each weekend.

A great game has been brought to its knees by poor administration. Channel 9 is a disgrace. Friday night on Fox/Austar is a joke.

The feel has left the game.

And to add to it all Bird makes a complete idiot of himself to take away any last good feelings one can have about the game.

Gallop now has his biggest challenge ahead of him. Rebuild the game, have the right structure but most importantly make me and you feel proud once again to love our league.:?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts