What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

effnic

Bench
Sydney club crowd averages in 1978 and 2008

Roosters: 11,741 - 13,539
Souths: 11,934 - 14,644
Manly: 13,503 - 13,597
Bulldogs: 17,075 - 16,049
Parramatta: 15,488 - 14,294
Penrith: 6,143 - 11,337
Cronulla: 12,477 - 13,502
St George: 13,071 - 0
St George-Illawarra: 0 - 12,186
Western Suburbs: 10,635 - 0
Balmain: 11,782 - 0
Wests Tigers: 0 - 16,896
Newtown: 3,816 - About 1000
Norths: 6,019 - ???
St George, Western Suburbs and Balmain fans should be ashamed. :sarcasm:

elbusto

Coach
now ive seen where you live, your dumb posts make sense.

dont people in tasmania marry their cousins?
Two responses Dally:

1. Now I know why nobody likes you - you are a turd.

2. My point is that the crowds are poor and I am correct. The fact is that if the crowds do not improve NRL as we know it is KAPUT!

I am noticing a big decline in morale amongst NRL supporters this year and that means the game has a negative vibe and could very seriously go backwards.

The game has to repair itself and do so very very quickly.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I love the assertion that it's "all Sydney's fault". Seriously. Does anybody consider reasons? Does anybody consider population vs teams? It's getting tired, this Sydney bashing nonsense. If NSW had the luxury of just three teams, like QLD currently does - I'm positive the crowds would be much bigger. Instead, there's 9 teams within 100km of the CBD, and the market is saturated. Not to mention the difference between the other sporting competition. RL doesn't dominate the market in Sydney like it used to - and it's not necessarily the administrations fault - AFL, A-League etc... all making in-roads.

I'm sure there's some great argument against the points I'm trying to make. There's no denying we've got some ways to go and Sydney crowds DO need improving - but the notion that Queensland is saving us, that is through circumstance.

bobmar28

Bench
Hmmm... 30 years with an increase of 5,500...

Now that;s before the larger drawing crowds of Brisbane, Newcastle, Gold Coast and North Queensland... So that puts the increase less than that...

In 30 years it is disgraceful!

The time has come to merge or relocate some Sydney teams.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Rubbish, as elbusto says the game has a very negative vibe about it (one which has been around since News Ltd got involved) unlike AFL and soccer. Let's work on getting the feel good factor back then attendances will rise as people will want to be a part of it. Cutting more Sydney clubs will just maintain the black cloud.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Also don't think for one minute Gallop and News Ltd don't know what's going on, they understand the psychology of people and what people want and don't want. This is being manufactured for News's benefit ie. cheap TV rights, keeping costs low for maximum return. It's quite disgusting that they can manipulate people in such a way to suit their own agendas, unfortunately that is the media.

AS I have always said NEWS LTD is the problem not too many Sydney clubs or any other perceived problems in the game.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Sydney crowds may have been 10,000 in 1978 but they fell to 6996 in 1983, today Sydney clubs average 15,000 and that is with doom and gloom surrounding the game, most games on TV, most games played at night and people out of the habit of Sunday afternoon fortnightly home games. Also in an increased competitive market.

Two responses Dally:

1. Now I know why nobody likes you - you are a turd.

2. My point is that the crowds are poor and I am correct. The fact is that if the crowds do not improve NRL as we know it is KAPUT!

I am noticing a big decline in morale amongst NRL supporters this year and that means the game has a negative vibe and could very seriously go backwards.

The game has to repair itself and do so very very quickly.

you need to repair your brain. i could do a better troll in my sleep than this pathetic attempt to bag australias biggest football code.

sydney crowds have risen around 50% since the time you mentioned.

if you actually had been watching RL that long you would know that.

thanks for making a fool of youself even further, this is funny.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
Considerring the dodgy crowd at Leichart, do the WT offer memberships to the 3 Leichart games? Alternatively do they offer memberships to the 3 Campbelltown games?

Since these are the games where they don't have a garunteed $100,000 return, wouldn't you think they'd be promoting the hell out of these memberships (if they don't have them they should) to fill these "stadiums" LONG before anyone learns what day it's on?

Brisbane have an "Awsome Foursome" package (they'll choose what 4 games when the draw is released but it's usually against teams we have a rivalry against)

Sydney teams to do this could be:
Souths: Roosters, Tigers, ?, ?
Roosters: Souths, Manly, ?, ?
Parra: Manly, Tigers, Panthers, Bulldogs
Bulldogs: Parra, Brisbane, (well, any team is a rivalry really! :lol:)
Manly: Melbourne, Melbourne, Parra, Melbourne
Panthers: Parra, Tigers, Dogs, ?
Dragons: should maybe focus on Kogarah & Gong packages
Tigers: should focus on what I've stated above
Sharks: Dragons, ?, ?, ? (maybe focus on growing the Masons)

big boppa eel

Juniors
The time has come to merge or relocate some Sydney teams.
Change the f**ken record you boring prick, though you do have the perfect solution, f**k off all they Sydney teams and everything will be ok. You get rid of Sydney teams or try this transplanting sh*t you have no comp, though a good start would be to f**k those Dogs off.

ByRd

First Grade
haha yeh one of the bigger sydney clubs, even in our sh!t year we are still averaging around the 15-16k mark, not to bad for the team that might come last.

also, what was the tigers crowd last night, i cant see it anywhere???

Considerring the dodgy crowd at Leichart, do the WT offer memberships to the 3 Leichart games? Alternatively do they offer memberships to the 3 Campbelltown games?

Since these are the games where they don't have a garunteed $100,000 return, wouldn't you think they'd be promoting the hell out of these memberships (if they don't have them they should) to fill these "stadiums" LONG before anyone learns what day it's on?

Brisbane have an "Awsome Foursome" package (they'll choose what 4 games when the draw is released but it's usually against teams we have a rivalry against)

Sydney teams to do this could be:
Souths: Roosters, Tigers, ?, ?
Roosters: Souths, Manly, ?, ?
Parra: Manly, Tigers, Panthers, Bulldogs
Bulldogs: Parra, Brisbane, (well, any team is a rivalry really! :lol:)
Manly: Melbourne, Melbourne, Parra, Melbourne
Panthers: Parra, Tigers, Dogs, ?
Dragons: should maybe focus on Kogarah & Gong packages
Tigers: should focus on what I've stated above
Sharks: Dragons, ?, ?, ? (maybe focus on growing the Masons)

they do offer a package like that for leichhardt oval.

its not cheap though. about the same as buying tickets on the day

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
haha yeh one of the bigger sydney clubs, even in our sh!t year we are still averaging around the 15-16k mark, not to bad for the team that might come last.

also, what was the tigers crowd last night, i cant see it anywhere???

10,366 @ Leichhardt
18,127 @ SFS

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
they do offer a package like that for leichhardt oval.

its not cheap though. about the same as buying tickets on the day

2 things.

1) Make the kids tickets cheaper, you can keep adults the same but if you make it cheaper to take a family you're already up!
2) Promote the hell out of it! They say that people circle the day when they can go to Leichart, if so then say to them, "for $x you can go to all 3!"

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Play Sydney games in the afternoon and show the games in Sydney on delay ie. show out of Sydney teams live instead of local games. Of course you won't be able to do it all the time but at least 85%.

Get the people back.

2 things.

1) Make the kids tickets cheaper, you can keep adults the same but if you make it cheaper to take a family you're already up!
2) Promote the hell out of it! They say that people circle the day when they can go to Leichart, if so then say to them, "for $x you can go to all 3!"

tigers fan have given up on this season.

it was a poor crowd for leichhardt though.

looked much more on TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.