What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
50k?

f**k thats a big crowd for a club match. i know it was 2 Queensland teams and all but that is impressive.

not bad at parra either. looked pretty full. considering it was live FTA anyway.

Brownie.Kougari

Juniors
33, 000 at the Gabba, which raises the question...

why is it so big? If it's not gonna sell out for that game with all the hype it's never gonna sell out

btw last night's crowd was great, 50K & they performed great without locky or hunt

to cowboys fans: i'd be worried if I were you

miccle

Bench
Russell Crowe's Band said:
50k?

f**k thats a big crowd for a club match. i know it was 2 Queensland teams and all but that is impressive.

not bad at parra either. looked pretty full. considering it was live FTA anyway.

Also considering that Townsville is 1,400km away, making clashes against the likes of Newcastle, Manly, Souths, Roosters, Eels, Dogs, Panthers, Tigers, Dragons and Sharks even more of a "local" derby ;-)

t-ba

Post Whore
miccle said:
Also considering that Townsville is 1,400km away, making clashes against the likes of Newcastle, Manly, Souths, Roosters, Eels, Dogs, Panthers, Tigers, Dragons and Sharks even more of a "local" derby ;-)
Queensland's a state of mind however. You're f**king wierdos like that. When I was in Sydney, I didn't associate with people West of Lane Cove (The undesirable element you see) let alone consider people from the other side of the state similar to me in any way.

phonetic

Juniors
The Tank said:
33k in a 42k cricket oval = not so full

The gabba holds 42,000? Blimey. I thought it was only about 35,000.

Looks like a thoroughly embarrasing crowd has gathered at the SFS for the Roosters Storm game.. unless there's a huge walk up.

I guess they were always going to struggle to pull a crowd, with Brendothejet and phonetic's band playing up the road at Spectrum tonight (34 Oxford St) ;-) ;-) . A bit of shameless self promotion.

miccle

Bench
t-ba said:
Queensland's a state of mind however. You're f**king wierdos like that. When I was in Sydney, I didn't associate with people West of Lane Cove (The undesirable element you see) let alone consider people from the other side of the state similar to me in any way.

Not my state of mind mate, NQ should be its own country!

miccle

Bench
t-ba said:
New South Wales, PNG, New Zealand...all part of Queensland at Origin (selection) time.

Goes to show the esteem that's held in the Sky Blue jersey, hey? ;-)

DINGb@T

Juniors
Actually, well done to the Broncs for turning a rather lack lustre Panthers game into a 30,000+ crowd and then getting their 50,000+ in round 3 for the Cowboys. Probably added several thousand to their yearly tally just with that clever scheduling.

t-ba

Post Whore
miccle said:
Goes to show the esteem that's held in the Sky Blue jersey, hey? ;-)

Our clubs are still alive. I bought a Valleys Retro last week and have been asked several times by QLD natives my age what team that is...

...We've also got more important things to do. Like Riot about Lebanese people taking our beaches over and waiting Seven Hours for a train that isn't cancelled.

Karmawave

Bench
yakstorm said:
Did we get a final crowd from the Roosters v Storm game?

I think they are counting some traffic on Anzac Parade now to add to the figure.

It was a pathetic pathetic crowd and they should be ashamed of themselves.

If they say anything above 7,000 they are kidding themselves.

Its a shame because the game was the best I've seen this year, in my opinion better than last night, and the defense from the Roosters was absolutely brilliant.

There's no excuses either, they are playing at the best football stadium going around and against the current premiers.

Disgraceful effort from Roosters fans.

mattyg

Bench
i know that plenty of fans sit on the side of the field where the camera is, but on TV that was ridiculous. There was one bay on the opposite side of the field that was full and it was basically empty other than that. No way could there have been over 10k at it. I bet plenty of roosters fans come out of the woodwork next week at ANZ though now that Roosters are coming off a win...

Karmawave said:
I think they are counting some traffic on Anzac Parade now to add to the figure.

It was a pathetic pathetic crowd and they should be ashamed of themselves.

If they say anything above 7,000 they are kidding themselves.

Its a shame because the game was the best I've seen this year, in my opinion better than last night, and the defense from the Roosters was absolutely brilliant.

There's no excuses either, they are playing at the best football stadium going around and against the current premiers.

Disgraceful effort from Roosters fans.

We don't do very well in this time slot for some reason, add the fact that it was an out of town team playing us, 12k wasn't too bad. Not great i know.

mattyg said:
i know that plenty of fans sit on the side of the field where the camera is, but on TV that was ridiculous. There was one bay on the opposite side of the field that was full and it was basically empty other than that. No way could there have been over 10k at it. I bet plenty of roosters fans come out of the woodwork next week at ANZ though now that Roosters are coming off a win...

Regardless wether we won tonight, next week was always going to be a big turn out. A lot work going on by both clubs to ensure it.

mattyg

Bench
if dogs win tomorrow, next week should bring 40,000. I know people from my work who are attending next week and its going to be there first game ever. Can't wait for it!

t-ba

Post Whore
mattyg said:
if dogs win tomorrow, next week should bring 40,000. I know people from my work who are attending next week and its going to be there first game ever. Can't wait for it!

How many times has that been said on these boards before?

Seriously now, It'd be awesome if it happened, but excuse my scepticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts