What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karmawave said:
I think they are counting some traffic on Anzac Parade now to add to the figure.

It was a pathetic pathetic crowd and they should be ashamed of themselves.

If they say anything above 7,000 they are kidding themselves.

Its a shame because the game was the best I've seen this year, in my opinion better than last night, and the defense from the Roosters was absolutely brilliant.

There's no excuses either, they are playing at the best football stadium going around and against the current premiers.

Disgraceful effort from Roosters fans.

did they show on the TV the crowd the side the cameras are on it? it was pretty much f**king full ... not to mention every man and his dog got sh*t scared of a little drizzle and ran for every seat available undercover ... which shouldn't be allowed imo and the ground staff should of been turfing people back in their seats

lol and if you think today was the best game all year you're kidding yourself.

mark123

Juniors
Look....if I am in charge of a club in sydney, where there are 8 other clubs, and I know the city has a population of 4 million people, and we play out of one of the best stadiums for viewing in the entire world...

...and we get just 12,000 to a game, even though its against an out of town team.....one must consider they are the reigning premiers....

I now face facts and take reality head-on, and say to myself...."Our club is pathetically small, what a joke."

To the press, you can jazz it up a bit....tag a line "Watch us all come out the woodwork next week coming off a win"....

Yeah right....you had EVERY FAN there this week....you have 12k max.

Base all your money-spending habbits off that pathetic figure.

Easts can be the first to go...

dont fk with me....no one do it....you have 12K in a city of 4 million who care.

cut easts.

Joke.

Free up some money for the serious clubs in the city.

fk me....

Karmawave

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
lol and if you think today was the best game all year you're kidding yourself.

Well a Rabbitohs fan wouldn't admit that a Roosters win is the best game of the year would they? A great game doesnt have to be a high scoring game.

I thought it was a great game, and had everything. It might have only been 10-6, but the defence and passion was brilliant.

We had Cameron Smith making 57 tackles ( 61 on fox sports stats ) , Dallas Johnson making 55 tackles, Willie Mason 20+ hit ups, Fitzgibbon 35 tackles/17 hit ups.

Its just an opinion , but I enjoyed the game as much today as last nights game, and I support the Knights!

Karmawave said:
Well a Rabbitohs fan wouldn't admit that a Roosters win is the best game of the year would they?

are you calling me a rabbitohs fan ??

today was a great example of defence but i wouldn't rate it best game though ... SKD needs to put super glue on his hands :(

Karmawave

Bench
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
are you calling me a rabbitohs fan ??

today was a great example of defence but i wouldn't rate it best game though ... SKD needs to put super glue on his hands :(

HAHA sorry mate, I just saw the target on the Rabbitoh signature! :lol: I glanced the first time and thought you were yeah.

As for SKD, I cannot believe a bloke who has probably the worst ball handling in your team, is constantly allowed to run with the ball waving around in one bloody hand?! Whats up with that?!

Kick returns and he is waving it around in one hand!

yakstorm

First Grade
So after five games we have:

Brisbane - 50,612
Parramatta - 15,176
Sydney - 12,137
Canberra - 14,400
Gold Coast - 19,050

So that gives us a total of 111,375 or an average so far of 22,275

Now to keep this rounds average on 20K or above we need another 48,625 people for 3 games... Is it possible?

Its meant to be a fine day in Sydney for Sunday and Monday, surely we can get a big crowd at ANZ Stadium for the Wests Tigers v Bulldogs, but how many will turn up at Penrith and Brookvale?

Tom Ace

Bench
Karmawave said:
I think they are counting some traffic on Anzac Parade now to add to the figure.

It was a pathetic pathetic crowd and they should be ashamed of themselves.

If they say anything above 7,000 they are kidding themselves.

Its a shame because the game was the best I've seen this year, in my opinion better than last night, and the defense from the Roosters was absolutely brilliant.

There's no excuses either, they are playing at the best football stadium going around and against the current premiers.

Disgraceful effort from Roosters fans.

At the game were you? Counting the people up under cover when the rain came were you? Counting the supporters on the broadcast side were you?

Tom Ace

Bench
mark123 said:
Look....if I am in charge of a club in sydney, where there are 8 other clubs, and I know the city has a population of 4 million people, and we play out of one of the best stadiums for viewing in the entire world...

...and we get just 12,000 to a game, even though its against an out of town team.....one must consider they are the reigning premiers....

I now face facts and take reality head-on, and say to myself...."Our club is pathetically small, what a joke."

To the press, you can jazz it up a bit....tag a line "Watch us all come out the woodwork next week coming off a win"....

Yeah right....you had EVERY FAN there this week....you have 12k max.

Base all your money-spending habbits off that pathetic figure.

Easts can be the first to go...

dont fk with me....no one do it....you have 12K in a city of 4 million who care.

cut easts.

Joke.

Free up some money for the serious clubs in the city.

fk me....

I guess this is what happens when you combine an idiot and alcohol.

Or when a 12 year old is let loose on a forum.

Either one.

mattyg

Bench
we need 48k to average 20k for this round? got a feeling we need 30k at dogs v tigers tomorrow if thats gonna happen...

yakstorm

First Grade
mattyg said:
we need 48k to average 20k for this round? got a feeling we need 30k at dogs v tigers tomorrow if thats gonna happen...

Surely both Penrith and Manly can get more than 9K each? Penrith got 8K in poorish weather, on a sunny Sunday, hopefully they can push 11K, with Souths fans likely to travel out to the game as well.

Manly's MNF game already has 7,000 pre-sold, and Manly generally has a terrible pre-purchase rate.

mattyg

Bench
If penriths crowd last week was anything to go by, Manly will need to draw 13k, Bulldogs 30k if we're any chance of breaking the 48k crowd. I think Manly's game might struggle a bit being on monday night. That might be the reason people have pre-purchased alot. To avoid the queue's after work knowing they will be scraping it fine getting the the game in time.

m0j0

Bench
I don't get it. Some of you guys continually harp on about what a crap supporter base the Roosters have. No juniors, no fans etc. Then these same people act all surprised when we have a poor turnout to games. What do you expect from such a poorly supported team as the Chooks?
Last night's crowd wasn't that bad when you take in to consideration recent crowds between these two teams, either at the SFS or Melbourne. You have to go back to March 2000 to find a bigger crowd for a Chooks/Storm game and that was only a touch over 14000.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
There'll be:

9k @ Pemriff
20k @ ANZ
14k @ Brookie

That'll take us to 154k - avg 19,250

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
m0j0 said:
I don't get it. Some of you guys continually harp on about what a crap supporter base the Roosters have. No juniors, no fans etc. Then these same people act all surprised when we have a poor turnout to games. What do you expect from such a poorly supported team as the Chooks?
Last night's crowd wasn't that bad when you take in to consideration recent crowds between these two teams, either at the SFS or Melbourne. You have to go back to March 2000 to find a bigger crowd for a Chooks/Storm game and that was only a touch over 14000.

Incidentally also early season against the reigning premiers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts