What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonetic

Juniors
herbert henry1908 said:
The Gabba always looks full due to that seating colour they have.

Regardless, it's just about full tonight I reckon.

A bit of mud in the middle too.. good stuff. Like the Bulli soil at the SCG.

phonetic

Juniors
Timmah said:
33,867 @ Gabba for the AFL according to SMH.com.au

It'll be a sellout next week vs the Swans as well. I'm actually going with some guys from our Brisbane office as I'm there for a charity bike ride the next day. It'll be the 3rd AFL game I've attended... I feel dirty! :lol:

By the way.. great crowd at Lang Park tonight. Not bad at Parramatta either.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It was a let down out at Parra tonight... it looked woefully empty at 7:00pm but by kickoff it had filled out. The end bays in each stand were empty which takes away 2k or so straight away the noise levels were pissweak until later in the match tbh.

In-goal

Bench
Brisbane has once again shown that it is number 2 in Australia in crowd attendences, wake up NRL it's time the games power base moved over the border.

I don't think we will see a normal season fixture in Sydney with 40K little own 50K, that's the truth. Sydney is choking the game.

mark123

Juniors
The gabba was not where near full. It holds 37,000+, but only 33,000 or so turned up.

The "Rain" kept them away, apparently.

Sydney is choking the game. Maybe something will change once public transport is brought up....thats happening soon with trains right??

miccle

Bench
Very happy with the Broncos crowd, the place was PACKED from early in the piece.

Keep in mind it'd been raining, windy and pretty sh*thouse weather most of the day, and I honestly thought that'd keep five thousand away, at least. But, thankfully, everyone rocked up and we got rewarded with 74 minutes of footy or so before the rain started up again! :D

82,000 for the first two Broncos matches - damn good work so far!

Moffo

Referee
Timmah said:
It was a let down out at Parra tonight... it looked woefully empty at 7:00pm but by kickoff it had filled out. The end bays in each stand were empty which takes away 2k or so straight away the noise levels were pissweak until later in the match tbh.

they were sh*t last week timothy, it was a good crowd IMO

ozzie

Bench
football? it was a bluudy disgrace - one team was on their game and the other didn't bother.

yakstorm

First Grade
The biggest problem between NSW and Queensland fans, is that Queensland fans pre-purchase tickets, whilst Sydney fans don't.

I guess the strength of having smaller stadiums, there is always that risk that the best seats are going to be gone if you just turn up on the day, so as such regardless of the weather on the day, or if a key player pulls out, most people who pre-purchase generally show up.

The classic example of that is the two games yesterday, Brisbane had pre-sold 48,000 tickets before the games had even opened, Parramatta had sold 5,000 plus their 5,000 members/pre-allocated seats, so a third of the crowd were walk ups. Now if the weather had turned worse last night in Sydney, the Eels game possibly would have only got those 10,000 as a crowd, at the same time because it did become a bit cold and threaten to rain, it was possibly 1-2K down where it might have been.

NSW clubs need to change the culture down here to encourage people to pre-purchase, by seriously rewarding those who become members, and those who buy before game day. Clubs should give more significant discounts to make people want to pre-purchase, ie. at Parramatta there is little to no benefit fiscally pre-purchasing. ANZ Stadium, for some clubs, you may save $5 though that isn't well promoted, and isn't a huge amount anyway, while at like Manly its only $2....

If pre-purchases increase, the clubs can start using hype to sell the rest of the tickets. If Parramatta Stadium only had 5,000 tickets left last night before the game, I guarentee you they would have gone close to selling it out as it would have suddenly become a 'must attend' game, and would force people to commit to it, rather than the 'I'll decide on the day' approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts