What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

JW

Coach
Since I'm procrastinating, and I feel the need to compete with Timmah for teh interwebz king title of LU:

The last time these fixtures were played:

ROUND 5, 2008

Storm v Manly @ Olympic (rd 26, 2006): 13,991
Parramatta v Gold Coast (Chargers) @ Parramatta (rd 8, 1998): 6,063
Dragons v Cowboys @ WIN (rd 3 , 2007): 10,232
Panthers v Roosters @ Penrith (rd 14, 2007): 5,831
Raiders v Wiggers @ Bruce (rd 16, 2007): 12,958
Warriors v Bulldogs @ Mt Smart (Rd 12, 2007):10,041
Knights v Broncos @ Marathon (rd 8, 2007): 25,524
Souths v Cronulla @ Stade De Oz (round 15, 2007): 9,568
Total: 94,208
Average: 11,776

The fears for this round were pretty well founded considering previous attendances.

Cheers t-ba, clearly shows that so far this weekend has been quite solid. Raising the levels of the lower drawing rounds is what is going to play a big part in giving us a record average come season's end. The more of these 10-12K average weekends we can get rid of, the better.

Looking to next week, the draw certainly looks to have the potential to draw some very healthy crowds. It's hard not to get carried away, but i'll be attempt to be as realistic as possible with my tips:

26,500 @ Skilled
17,500 @ Parramatta
14,000 @ ANZ
19,500 @ Dairy Farmers
15,000 @ Toyota (who knows, could be 10K, could be 18 or 19K)
17,500 @ Bluetongue
15,000 @ SCG (usually draws brilliantly @ Leichhardt, so maybe more?)
14,000 @ Canberra

Average - 17,375

Hope that turns out to be a minimum, weather permitting.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think we'll manage 19 or 20k at ANZ... although form could put a dent in that crowd. Take into account Red V members will likely have free tix.

hellteam

First Grade
12,988 crowd tonight at ANZ

so just over one out of every eight seats is filled. thats just sh*t. is there any other sport where games are played in such huge stadiums reguarly with such bad crowds?

something needs to be done but never will be. all games that are played there, especially at night, seem to be of less quality then those that are played at other stadiums. it just seems more slippery or wet or something (even compared to the other sydney grounds when teams are playing at the same time)

its certainly not a stadium that makes you want to go to the football. very similar to the old anz stadium in brisbane (not just in the name)

anyone agree?

Murphdogg1

Juniors
so just over one out of every eight seats is filled. thats just sh*t. is there any other sport where games are played in such huge stadiums reguarly with such bad crowds?

something needs to be done but never will be. all games that are played there, especially at night, seem to be of less quality then those that are played at other stadiums. it just seems more slippery or wet or something (even compared to the other sydney grounds when teams are playing at the same time)

its certainly not a stadium that makes you want to go to the football. very similar to the old anz stadium in brisbane (not just in the name)

anyone agree?

Agree to an extent

I think its night football in general - doesnt seem to be as conducive to open play - all the Dew etc

Id love to see the stats for Warriors games in day vs night games and look at error stats (for both teams)

Melbourne seem to play a nice brand at night down there at night though

Tom Ace

Bench
Agree to an extent

I think its night football in general - doesnt seem to be as conducive to open play - all the Dew etc

Id love to see the stats for Warriors games in day vs night games and look at error stats (for both teams)

Melbourne seem to play a nice brand at night down there at night though

There's no need to bring religion into this.

Sorry, I had to.

Dantm

Juniors

anyone agree?

NRL Stats

ANZ Stadium,Sydney:
Games:147
Total Attendance:3,516,414
Ave Attendance: 23,921

Suncorp Stadium,Brisbane:
Games:155
Total Attendance:3,597,880
Ave Attendance:23,212

Why in a city of Brisbane which only has 1 team are games played regually with such bad crowds?

hellteam

First Grade
NRL Stats

ANZ Stadium,Sydney:
Games:147
Total Attendance:3,516,414
Ave Attendance: 23,921

Suncorp Stadium,Brisbane:
Games:155
Total Attendance:3,597,880
Ave Attendance:23,212

Why in a city of Brisbane which only has 1 team are games played regually with such bad crowds?

- becasue you are counting grand finals where the capacity used to be over 100,000
- state of origins where the capacity of the ground is 30000 more then that of suncorp stadium
- the crushers used to play at suncorp stadium
- when the broncos played their first few years there the capacity was only around 25k

answer your question?

yakstorm

First Grade
Well we have two big rounds of crowds coming up which is great.

Titans v Broncos is almost sold out, only about 500 tickets left.
Eels, Roosters, Raiders and Cowboys all selling well for next week.

Then in Round 7 we have the ANZAC Day double. Roosters v Dragons, should get 20K+, and then Broncos v Rabbitohs in Brisbane, this match has the potential for 30-40K.

We also have Cowboys again at home (18K+) against the Storm, Titans v Warriors game selling strongly, and a lot of potential for the Sea Eagles and Sharks games that same weekend.

It means we go into the representative period with around a 18K average.

mattyg

Bench
too bad dogs and dragons lost last week...game really had potential for 25k + but i think it will end up somewhere between 15-18k now

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
- becasue you are counting grand finals where the capacity used to be over 100,000
- state of origins where the capacity of the ground is 30000 more then that of suncorp stadium
- when the broncos played their first few years there the capacity was only around 25k

answer your question?

:O

How dare we use statistics that don't suit your Sydney bashing!!!!! :crazy:

Face facts, Brisbane has had substandard support in the past for RL and Sydney has had good crowds at many a time. Your defence doesn't wash.

phonetic

Juniors
Don't expect too many out at Homebush on Anzac Day.

I'm going to the Saints v Dogs game purely to see us play in a sensational jersey! Shame that the memory will be soured by a crushing defeat. Meh.. I'll still tip us.

Dantm

Juniors

answer your question?

-All NSWRL/ARL/NRL finals are counted
-SoO is not included
-Crushers?..In other words if Brisbane had more than one team,the other teams attendances will be shyte??
-Doesnt explain the 33,000 crowds back in 1989 and 1990...

eels_fan_01

Bench
I mean id love QLD to be ahead of us in rugby league support, id love any state or country to be ahead of us.

Im a fan of rugby league but ill be f**ked if im going to listen to QLD fagets go on about how their crowds are excellent with only 3 teams up there. Cowboys stadium isnt that big, Titans have pulled that great crowds so far and the Broncos have won 6 premierships and missed the 8 once in their pretty short existence.

mattyg

Bench
Titans crowds seem to be dropping off significantly despite getting a brand new stadium, and well the Cowboys are further away from Brisbane than Sydney is from Brisbane. If Brisbane City had 4 teams, they would average around 10k each, let alone having 8 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.