What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

eels_fan_01

Bench
A little bit disappointed with tonights crowd at Parra but not overly, probably should have pulled 16.

Both teams in pretty bad form though which didnt get all that better tonight to be honest. Rain aswell, meh.

mattyg

Bench
16,000 tickets for tomorrow already?? sh*t ay!! i was thinking a crowd of 16k to be honest not much more than that...i think we can get 20k then if thats true

t-ba

Post Whore
Tomorrow's games will be interesting, Bulldogs v Dragons has already shifted around 16,000 tickets (including members), meaning as long as the weather isn't too bad a plus 20K crowd isn't impossible, Cowboys are on track for a 20K+ crowd, whilst Shark Park is a bit of an unknown... first game of the season at the new venue, hopefully it goes close to capacity.

No doubt the backwards denizens of the Shire will be out in force with their team Four and One.

t-ba

Post Whore
The Last times these fixtures were played...

Round 6 2008
Parramatta v Manly @ Parra (rd20, 2007): 20,113
Gold Coast (Chargers) v Brisbane @ Carrara [Robina] (rd 4, 1998): 13,126
Bulldogs v Dragons @ Stade De Oz (rd 23, 2006): 31,256
Cowboys v Warriors @ Dairy Farmers (rd 17, 2007): 19,648
Sharks v Panthers @ The Swamp (rd 1, 2007): 9,032
Roosters v Knights @ Grahame Park (rd 12, 2007): 11,264
Wests Tigers v Rabbitohs @ Leichardt [S.C.G] (rd 24, 2007): 20,232
Raiders v Storm @ Bruce (rd 2, 2007): 9,556
Total: 134,227
avg: 16,778

mattyg

Bench
:lol: i think we'll get considerably less than the 31,256 we got last time we played the dragons, but we'd do good if we cracked 20k.

Billythekid

First Grade
My PAX for the Knights/Roosters game - 6695
Lets hope for a big walk up crowd.

If there's one thing I've learned from threads like these it's that pax means absolutely nothing.

Having said that i know a few people who have been turned off by the bad weather hopefully it gets a bit better today.

ByRd

First Grade
Well the whether right now is sunny but it was pretty cloudy this morning so lets hope the sun stays out and it helps the crowd at the dogs/dragons game, ill be getting there early to see our u 20's in action.

fanatique

Juniors
Not bad so far but I'm slightly disappointed that the Dogs V Dragons drew fewer than 15,000. I always hope for 20,000 when the Dogs host anyone at Homebush.

mattyg

Bench
I was hoping for 20,000 too, especially with Dragons being one of our bigger games of the year. We usually pull 14-15k against most teams like Panthers, Sharks, Warriors, Raiders and we get 20k + against the bigger teams. I guess the weather and timeslot played a part but it was still pretty dissapointing...oh well at least we're still averaging over 20,000 i spose!

Brycey

Juniors
Disappointing crowd for Sharkies, you'd think with the re-opening of their stadium and first home game of the season theyd pull a decent crowd.

Brycey

Juniors
15 years? Nowhere near

Dogs v Bunnies has already become a much larger showcase for the game despite the fact it is only two years old. The Broncos, on a Good Friday in Brisbane with no competition from other events, has the potential to draw a huge crowd. It makes sense to have the matches in different cities on the night so as not to cannibalize one another.
Roosters v Broncos Good Friday Match has been on since 1999 as far as I can recall.

I think that it should be rotated yearly to Brisbane and Sydney. But to say it has to go to Brisbane, that this game has to make way for 2 other clubs that are trying to cash in on what was originally our idea will not happen. Roosters and Broncos are 2 very aspiring and assertive clubs, they made the idea and should not have to give it up for a couple of johnny come latelys.

LRC

Presales for stadium games are usually low if there is poor weather around.

People don't have to commit and can wait till the last minute because they know they will get a seat.

Thats why you have people turn out in pouring rain for say a dogs V Eels game in parramatta...becuase there is limited tickets and people buy them early and have to commit or waste their cash.The same game at homebush will always get less because people don't have to buy presales and committ early...then they will jts decide on the day.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Roosters v Broncos Good Friday Match has been on since 1999 as far as I can recall.

I think that it should be rotated yearly to Brisbane and Sydney. But to say it has to go to Brisbane, that this game has to make way for 2 other clubs that are trying to cash in on what was originally our idea will not happen. Roosters and Broncos are 2 very aspiring and assertive clubs, they made the idea and should not have to give it up for a couple of johnny come latelys.

01 by my books.

Hoping they commemorate 10 years of Good Friday showdowns in 2011... really play up the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts