What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-ba

Post Whore
Roosters v Broncos Good Friday Match has been on since 1999 as far as I can recall.

I think that it should be rotated yearly to Brisbane and Sydney. But to say it has to go to Brisbane, that this game has to make way for 2 other clubs that are trying to cash in on what was originally our idea will not happen. Roosters and Broncos are 2 very aspiring and assertive clubs, they made the idea and should not have to give it up for a couple of johnny come latelys.

Good of the game and all that...Makes sense, just like less Sydney teams really.

Jono Russell

Bench
Sharks stadium can fit 21 - 22k.

Now they are saying only 13800 out there. BS the stadium was full. All the hills were packed. If you could fit another 8k in there ill be damned.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bluetongue and SCG don't look promising...this weather has kept a lot of people away.

ByRd

First Grade
It did not look as if there were over 14k at Gosford, there were plenty of empty bays and behind the posts wasnt that full, surprising figure.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given TV cameras give little indication of the open northern terrace and the tunnel side I fail to see how you can suggest so.

JW

Coach
Yeah it looked about right for BT. The only real bare areas where the lower bays across from the camera. The upper deck was reasonably full though, aswell as most other parts of the ground that you could see from the coverage.

Over 19K at the SCG is fairly pleasing all things considered. And isn't all that far off the usual numbers at Leichhardt, so the average isn't really disadvantaged in that regard.

ByRd

First Grade
Given TV cameras give little indication of the open northern terrace and the tunnel side I fail to see how you can suggest so.
Well the side that the camera showed, had about 4 bays which were completely empty and the top tier had alot of spare seats towards the end, and you could see on the footage when players were taking conversions that behind the posts was no where near full, and honestly timmah loll its just and opinion which people can have so STFU

Apey

Staff member
Easily 14k at Bluetongue.

More Knights supporters than Roosters too..

.. or maybe that was just because I was in the Knights Bay :crazy:

JW

Coach
How do we all see next weekend shaping up?

Only 6 games next week, with an ANZAC Day double.

17,000 @ ANZ (arvo)
26,000 @ Suncorp
14,000 @ Brookvale
20,000 @ Dairy Farmers
21,000 @ Skilled
12,000 @ Toyota

Average - 18,333

I've got no idea about the two Friday games, both could be considerably larger. Hoping those are minimums for Brooky and Skilled. DFS can't really fit much more these days and going by last night's effort I can't see an improvement at Toyota.

Status
Not open for further replies.