What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

beave

Coach
I reckon dairy Farmers will be 24-25k. Being that Anzac day is on the Friday, I think it will allow alot of people in the remote areas a chance to pay their respects and then travel here in the arvo for the weekends preceedings. That and the Storm are quite popular as well up here, it will be close to full me thinks, fingers crossed.

:lol: I don't think Souths played sponsorless through choice.

You mean companies aren't lining up to sponsor a winless, homeless basket case for 3 mil a year. Strange.

Holmes a court is like a bloke at scruffy's who probably could have gone home with a good solid 7/10 sort, given her a seeing to and a thanks very much but thought he was better than he was and he'd try for a supermodel until 5am and has gone home empty handed .. only to have his hands full .. so to speak

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
You mean companies aren't lining up to sponsor a winless, homeless basket case for 3 mil a year. Strange.

Holmes a court is like a bloke at scruffy's who probably could have gone home with a good solid 7/10 sort, given her a seeing to and a thanks very much but thought he was better than he was and he'd try for a supermodel until 5am and has gone home empty handed .. only to have his hands full .. so to speak

I'd rather see him aim high and have trouble instead of aiming low and coasting along.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I disagree. They only have to beat 18k from last year.

Timmah

Staff member
Tops of 22 and 23 for Sydney, no rain forecast thank god.

nqboy

First Grade
Roosters v Broncos Good Friday Match has been on since 1999 as far as I can recall.

I think that it should be rotated yearly to Brisbane and Sydney. But to say it has to go to Brisbane, that this game has to make way for 2 other clubs that are trying to cash in on what was originally our idea will not happen. Roosters and Broncos are 2 very aspiring and assertive clubs, they made the idea and should not have to give it up for a couple of johnny come latelys.
Did you see the rain?

nqboy

First Grade
Roosters v Broncos Good Friday Match has been on since 1999 as far as I can recall.

I think that it should be rotated yearly to Brisbane and Sydney. But to say it has to go to Brisbane, that this game has to make way for 2 other clubs that are trying to cash in on what was originally our idea will not happen. Roosters and Broncos are 2 very aspiring and assertive clubs, they made the idea and should not have to give it up for a couple of johnny come latelys.
Yeah, but let's rotate the game, surely.

nqboy

First Grade
I reckon dairy Farmers will be 24-25k. Being that Anzac day is on the Friday, I think it will allow alot of people in the remote areas a chance to pay their respects and then travel here in the arvo for the weekends preceedings. That and the Storm are quite popular as well up here, it will be close to full me thinks, fingers crossed.
Beave, why do you think the crowds have been so poor this year? I surrendered my season ticket because of a 30% increase, but is that typical of locals or am I just an outsider?

The north and south ends of the eastern stand seem empty and it's got to be because of the prices to sit there, TBH (for you Three Dads).

ali

Bench
Sharks stadium can fit 21 - 22k.

Now they are saying only 13800 out there. BS the stadium was full. All the hills were packed. If you could fit another 8k in there ill be damned.

Good crowd considering it sounded like there was a fair amount of rain around. It's the worst ground in Sydney when it rains. I doubt there has been too many bigger Sharks crowds it wet conditions ever?

fanatique

Juniors
Home average attendances for all 10 NSW clubs after round 6.

Bulldogs: 3 games 24,277
Rabbitohs: 3 games 21,438
Knights: 3 games 18,988
Eels: 4 gmes 16,897
Tigers: 3 games 16,410
Roosters: 3 games 15,012
Sharks: 1 game 13,852
Sea eagles: 3 games 13,342
Dragons: 3 games 12,493
Panthers: 3 games 11,755.

Moffo

Referee
its a disgrace, f**k the NRL for moving this game from Moore Park. Its a game for the diggers, you bloody mongrel f**kwits

Timmah

Staff member
Round 6 (Heritage Round)
PAR v MAN - 14,025 @ Parramatta
GCO v BRI - 27,176 @ Skilled
BUL v STG - 14,767 @ ANZ
CRO v PEN - 13,852 @ Toyota
NQL v NZW - 20,554 @ DFS
SYD v NWC - 14,176 @ Bluetongue
WES v SOU - 19,122 @ the SCG
CAN v MEL - TBP @ Canberra

TOTAL: 123,672
Average: 17,667

Timmah

Staff member
:O

How dare they decide after five years that they no longer want to give away home ground advantage :crazy:

beave

Coach
Beave, why do you think the crowds have been so poor this year? I surrendered my season ticket because of a 30% increase, but is that typical of locals or am I just an outsider?

The north and south ends of the eastern stand seem empty and it's got to be because of the prices to sit there, TBH (for you Three Dads).

yeah prices would have a lot to do with it. Although I don't think we have had poor crowds, I think after handling of the Muzz saga, the fact we sucked a$$ in the early rounds, may have made the crowds drop a couple of thou. I think this week you will see a fairly full stadium. The prices are starting to get out of hand though, I went for a family ticket in the stand this year as it was $100 cheaper than 2 adults (me and the wife don't have any kids) so go figure how the hell that works????????? More seats for less $$$$...

Status
Not open for further replies.