What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It'll increase a little but not exactly sure what the official capacity figure will be. Somewhere between 21K-25K.

Is Kogarah's capacity going to be increasing.

Yes, but not by a huge amount. 500-1,000 I reckon. That'll be seats and corporate boxes replacing corporate standing areas (Stoney's Slab). Only half of the original master plan is being constructed, that is the part that is south of the existing grandstand. If the northern section is ever completed that will increase capacity by a similar, probably greater amount. This, like other recent Kogarah upgrades, is more concerned with improving facilities and comfort rather than drastically increasing capacity.

All I can say is that I'm really looking forward to returning to Carlton in 2009!

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
When is Kogarah slated for completion after the delay in construction?

Timmah

Staff member
Good. Can't wait to get back there and I'm not even a Saints supporter.

Knight87

Juniors
So, these are the current home crowd averages of each team (with Canberra still to play tonight):

Brisbane 35,861
Gold Coast 23,095
Bulldogs 20,774
Nth QLD 20,312
Newcastle 19,680
South Sydney 18,510
Parramatta 16,685
Wests Tigers 15,102
Cronulla 14,841
Canberra 14,063
Sydney Roosters 13,820
Melbourne 13,778
St George/Ill 13,191
Manly 12,919
Penrith 12,562
NZ Warriors 12,510

What are your thoughts on these figures?

nqboy

First Grade
I'm impressed with Melbourne. Dunno how much longer NQ can hold our average with the problems in the club.

Timmah

Staff member
'Dogs average to take another hit on Monday IMO.

I'll be there but how many will turn up with all the injuries and controversy... and how many Sharks fans will make the trek on a Monday during peak hour?

Timmah

Staff member
I don't remember the lowest club average being so high before either....

Knight87

Juniors
Yeah, if Cowboys keep playing like they did on Sat Night, their average will dip quite a bit. So will Souths, if they cannot prove that their win previous round wasn't just a 'one-off'

Apey

Staff member
I'm happy with the Knights one, it's still higher than I thought it would be.

Ice777

Bench
I'm impressed with Melbourne. Dunno how much longer NQ can hold our average with the problems in the club.

If we can stay above 13K by the seasons end i'll be pretty happy with that. Of course i'd love it to stay where it is now but even if we go down to 13K that'll put us 1300 over what we had last year which would be a fair effort.

Hopefully with a good season this year and the new stadium to come after next season we can keep building up for there. Things are looking more positive down here than what they ever have for the Storm.

Souths, 3rd highest average NSW team and haven't played any inspiring football as yet. If they can stage a mid-season revival, they could be the top averaging NSW side without too many problems. Next two home games - vs Storm at Blue-Tongue, will get a decent crowd and then vs Dragons at ANZ should also pack them in if Souths manage to put on a good game for the next two weeks.

flamin

Juniors
Souths, 3rd highest average NSW team and haven't played any inspiring football as yet. If they can stage a mid-season revival, they could be the top averaging NSW side without too many problems. Next two home games - vs Storm at Blue-Tongue, will get a decent crowd and then vs Dragons at ANZ should also pack them in if Souths manage to put on a good game for the next two weeks.
and Dragons admin remind their 8000 season ticket holders that they all have a ticket to the game.

***MH***

Bench
So, Kogorah was available for the previous 9 rounds? They should've definitely have played their home game vs Cronulla there, giving more of a local derby feel.

But seriously, why would Dragons supporters who live in Dragons heartland (Wollongong and Southern Sydney) make the trip all the way west to Homebush? That's a pretty long trip.

Homebush is half an hour from everywhere in Sydney.... seriously!

King Georges Rd > Roberts Rd > Homebush Bay Dr > ANZ Stadium.... can't be that f*cken hard!

It's a lot bloody closer than a trip down the Princes to the Gong.

Status
Not open for further replies.