What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Bluetongue crowd was posted as 8,000, however the Ticketek systems went down just after gates opened so I don't think we'll ever get a real figure out of them.

aarondoyle

Juniors
Seems the idea of taking games to Gosford is losing it's appeal with the locals. An omen of how a local would do? Maybe.

You could argue a real local team would get more support because they weren't just there for the money and actually do represent the area. You could also argue however that a local team would need to play 12 games there... and the crowds would be more likely to drop off.

Timmah

Staff member
Seems taking a game between dead last and a team destined to smash them (despite the end result) to a neutral venue on a night where the temperature reached a low of 4 degrees was destined to draw a low crowd.

JMO.

8,761 is the official figure according to the News Ltd network.

mark123

Juniors
I disagree that they have run there course, they need to be upgraded to be more comfortable but still they are better than playing multiple games out of ANZ stadium.

The renovations done at cronulla over the years have turned it into a comfy place to watch footy, however until they drop the prices I wont return to that ground (full price to get in and then extra to sit down on the concourse! f**k off)

will never happen simo

put your energies into something else, like getting a few modern stadia in your town.

NO ONE, PAL, LIKES A HILL, EXCEPT A FEW DIEHARDS.

12K....no way is that good....thats ridiculous. And its a limiting belief that suburban grounds are just what rl needs. people need to take the time, and find the money, and build decent grounds.

i can think of dozens of reasons that spring to mind why any given group of people may not want to go because its a suburban ground - and this is rl's biggest limiter...no one wants to go to games in sydney.

you can't tell that had manly had a decent ground, AND they had been plugging away at support for the past 20 years, AND it had transport to the ground, AND there were less teams in sydney --->>> that juniors would not be at the same levels or more, PLUS they would be getting larger crowds, more sponsors, paying players higher salaries, making a profit without delmerge chipping in....

get real pal, it all starts with your stadium, and a desire for great things in a market place with room to grow.

suck on that one, manly.

p.s cronulla ain't comfy!!! lol

cronulla is still the (tied) second worst stadium still in use within the nrl. i stupidly took one of my dates there when i was in sydney, and she's traveled across the globe, pal, and she almost threw up. Her comment "no wonder the crowd is small (there were 17k there that day). I DON'T WANT ANY FOOD from that thing, mark." She was pointing at what looked to be a fibro kebab stand where the new grand stand (pathetically small) now stands. I immediately realized the ground had no future. Thinking later, i decided sutherland shire itself was too small an area for a great team, which probably why they have never won a thing.

"I'll take you somewhere nice after the game, now shut up, more kissing..."

Thats what happened exactly, though the kissing stopped shortly after as the teams ran onto the field. But thats her take, and she's right.

I am not f-ing around when i say these things: if league was doing it, and changing their admin structure, within 20 years, they would be rolling in money.

Red Bear

Referee
will never happen simo

put your energies into something else, like getting a few modern stadia in your town.

NO ONE, PAL, LIKES A HILL, EXCEPT A FEW DIEHARDS.

12K....GOT BUY A HOOKER CHAMP, THATS DUMB ASS AND REPULSIVE - JUST LIKE SUBURBAN GROUNDS.

i can think of dozens of reasons that spring to mind why any given group of people may not want to go because its a suburban ground.
No one likes a hill? How old are you?
The hill is regularly packed out wherever there is a game at a suburban ground. I go ti Win regularly cos its local and the hill is packed with those around my age, its the same at jograh and the great scenes at leichardt.

But i forgot you are the fountain of knowledge when it comes to rugby league grounds.

f**kwit of knowledge might be more accurate tho

mark123

Juniors
The hill is regularly packed out wherever there is a game at a suburban ground. I go ti Win regularly cos its local and the hill is packed with those around my age, its the same at jograh and the great scenes at leichardt.

But i forgot you are the fountain of knowledge when it comes to rugby league grounds.

wow. You are starting to steam up, hey?

Your anger is going to be the shining light we all need to sort this big mess out?

Red Bear, what an apt name.

Stop the grizzling, my friend, and tell me why there was only 12k at manly and not 20?

Tell me why win stadium is NOT CAPACITY EVERY GAME? With all these hills sydney league has, those stadiums must be BUUUUURSTING AT THE seammmms!?

Oh dear, your anger has clouded your judgment.

Anger is the easiest emotion to access: its the first one off the rank in the mind...but guess what? Its also the most limiting.

You see evolution has developed greater tools than anger, except since anger was first, it comes out first, but if you actually look beyond it once in a while, you will see there are greater tools at your disposal.

Like>>>>>THINKING!!

Do some of it for a change.

Hills are ok for a few diehards, but not the masses.

Here is a question that may perplex even you, oh wise bear....if hills are so great and so popular, then why don't they sell season tickets for hills or members for hills??? After all, these people go to EVERY GAME....would they not want to sit on the hill every game if they had a season ticket???

After all hills are, according to you, the MOST DESIRABLE place to be!?

The answer::: scroll down....

oh bear, nothing's in there (between your ears).....the answer is NOOOO....NOT ACORDING TO THE ENTIRE POPULATION AS A WHOLE IN SYDNEY!!?

they sell season tickets to people who goto every game in the stands, because EVERYONE WHO GO'S LOTS AND LOTS AND DOES NOT WANT TO PAY 10 BUCKS A TICKET.....:whisper: likes to sit in stands....its where its at, buddy old bear....not hills.....

oh dear.....oops, i mean, oh bear....

Hado

Juniors
I would have to say 8k was good because if they played the game at ANZ more like 6k or mabye 5k.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade

Hardcore RL fans might love them but most sports fans don't like them. They prefer seats in a modern, clean stadium where they're protected from the elements.

Red Bear

Referee
nothing between my ears?
hahaha
at win it generally is a packed hill, there are often alot of empty seats funnily enough. Although that isn't possible be cause no one likes a hill

Billythekid

First Grade
MARK123 your posts are pretty much all incoherent rabble. Do you really expect people to read through that kindergarten level of grammar?

Timmah

Staff member
12k @ Brookie
8k @ Bluetongue
11k @ Mt Smart
17k @ Leichhardt.

Pretty poor round all up, hope the novelty of Monday Night footy draws some fans tomorrow but I'm not holding my breath for much more than 10-12k.

Red Bear

Referee
No one likes hills eh. I don't think there's anything better on TV packed hills at Suburban grounds.
No no one likes them, there is no place for suburban grounds anymore:sarcasm:

Looked fantastic on tv, scenic suburban ground, sunday afternoon, sunny day and people packed in. That is what footy is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.