What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sood

Juniors
lets talk like you....ready?

derrr....you idiot big red loser bear, deeerr.....you can't read, you total spastic!!!! deeerr,,,,, uuuummmmm

Now, for real.

I did say it was servicable. Do you know what that means?

It means I know they are not insolvent.

And I know too they dont turn a profit on their normal business activities.

You suck man.

And this construction work better pay off. Its a pity they have no fans though.

IS THERE A CLUB IN SYDNEY THAT HAS AMBITION, FANS, MONEY AND A SOLID FUTURE?

NO...but you will find many with but one of any of those qualities...

The debt has got to do with the roosters investing and renovating a sports club. I think also a resort/golf club?
They also own a lot of property that they make money on, even if the leagues club aint going great guns. The debt is not an issue.
Roosters have plenty of fans. Though lots of em are bandwaggoners.

But you can keep trying to deathride em if you want. :lol:

mark123

Juniors
The debt has got to do with the roosters investing and renovating a sports club. I think also a resort/golf club?
They also own a lot of property that they make money on, even if the leagues club aint going great guns. The debt is not an issue.
Roosters have plenty of fans. Though lots of em are bandwaggoners.

But you can keep trying to deathride em if you want. :lol:

i suspect the roosters will be around longer than some sydney clubs

this is a tragedy as some clubs actually have waaay more fans than the roosters.

i could be wrong, but i did pick roosters and cronulla as two clubs who could not make it forever in sydney

LRC

If as many panthers fans went to the sfs as roosters fans did go to CUA, then the crowds would have been similar.
Penrith fans dont travel often, but with the mortgage squeeze and being a friday night..there was never gogin to be many.

BWNB

First Grade
sorry........"too cold" just doesn't cut it. southerners need to htfu. i kept cringing as the foxsports commentators tried to use the cold weather as an excuse for poor crowd. it wasn't even raining. now the new zealand game last week or the week before (cant remember) is an example of weather which may have a detrimental effect on the crowd.

Yea it wasn't even that cold. Normally we wouldnt draw much more than 10K for this match anyway, next week we should be pushing 17k at least.

Brutus

Referee
30k would have been a shot had the weather been better.

Shocking weather in Sydney today. Credit to those who attended.

Perth Red

Post Whore
30k would have been a shot had the weather been better.

Shocking weather in Sydney today. Credit to those who attended.

Shocking weather? A bit of drizzle and 15degrees. Good job you didn't live in the North of England when we played Winter rugby!!

I notice you didn't use those in your spirited defence of Sydney crowds.

why would i, they are s**t crowds.

if you think 9000 is an argument to kick out sydney clubs then lets make it consistant for all nrl clubs.

the minute a club gets under a 10,000 crowd they should be kicked out.

so when canberra, melbourne and the warriors do it we will have to relocate those teams.

but where though - back to sydney?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Everyone is far too concerned with what's wrong with the game these days to actually enjoy the product :(

Status
Not open for further replies.