What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I hope one day 22K s an average crowd for a Sydney club

The future is in season ticket holders. If you've paid for your ticket already you tend to go regardless of weather or opposition.

yakstorm

First Grade
Okay its official, this year the Wests Tigers are the most unlucky club when it comes to drawing a crowd.

Vs Dragons @ SFS - Should have been at the SCG, cut easily 5-10K off their crowd

Vs Panthers @ Campbelltown - Put on Monday night, and then its poured down, cut what would have been a sell out to a 12K crowd.

Vs Rabbitohs @ SCG - Terrible weather over the weekend, threat of rain, meant the crowd was down from what possibly could have pushed for a sell out.

Vs Broncos @ ANZ - To satisfy Channel 9 this game was played at the late time of 8:30pm more or less killing any chances of families turning up. Fair to say this would have costed at least a couple of thousand.

Vs Eels @ ANZ - Wests Tigers went to a lot of effort with this game, opening it up to the Police Force and the Premiers School challenge participants in their area. If the weather had been fine this match would have pushed 30K, as over that many tickets had been sold and given out for it.

Here's hoping its a fine sunny Sunday afternoon for them when they host the Warriors in 2 rounds!

Seriously? Do all Sydneysiders consider anything other than blue skies awful weather? It was occasional showers and a cool wind. Geez lets hope the seemingly changing weather patterns don't continue or Sydney RL really is stuffed!

lots of sydney it was raining heavily.

please dont try and lecture me on the weather in sydney from perth, that would be dumb.

22,000 on a poor weather day is a fantastic result.

nqboy

First Grade
Seriously? Do all Sydneysiders consider anything other than blue skies awful weather? It was occasional showers and a cool wind. Geez lets hope the seemingly changing weather patterns don't continue or Sydney RL really is stuffed!

lots of sydney it was raining heavily.

please dont try and lecture me on the weather in sydney from perth, that would be dumb.

22,000 on a poor weather day is a fantastic result.
And then you'd be like dally.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I am in Sydney and was at ANZ for the game so I know EXACTLY what the weather was doing!!! It was occasional howers more drizzle than heavy rain and a cold wind. Not terribe by any stretch of the imagination, well for anyone outside Cairns!

I am in Sydney and was at ANZ for the game so I know EXACTLY what the weather was doing!!! It was occasional howers more drizzle than heavy rain and a cold wind. Not terribe by any stretch of the imagination, well for anyone outside Cairns!

you in sydney eh?
:lol:

was the weather good or not.

i dont know what a hower is?

how did it feel like to be watching 2 sydney clubs live?

Perth Red

Post Whore
you in sydney eh?

was the weather good or not.

i dont know what a hower is?

how did it feel like to be watching 2 sydney clubs live?

Yep currently downing beer in a Darling HArbour hotel bar, hence the spelling!:lol:

It was great despite a blow out. Nothing like live RL even if you do have to pay $37 for a poor view in the rain! Sydney siders should try living in a AFL city, you soon learn to appreciate being able to go to a game!

Yep currently downing beer in a Darling HArbour hotel bar, hence the spelling!:lol:

It was great despite a blow out. Nothing like live RL even if you do have to pay $37 for a poor view in the rain! Sydney siders should try living in a AFL city, you soon learn to appreciate being able to go to a game!

well thats good to hear that you are being positive about the games here.

im not saying eveything is perfect, its not.

but sydney RL clubs are growing their crowds, grounds are getting improved, as long as that keeps happening well and good.

if one doesnt keep growing its crowds then it wont be able to compete.

leave it to competitive forces to work it out.

ive never seen so many sydney clubs getting their grounds done up.

and growing up watching league, 10,000 was considered a good crowd for sydney, now its considered bad.

now 20,000 is considered more of a good crowd, and sometime we crack 30,000 for the big club games.

itll take time but 30,000 crowd average in sydney for some clubs is not out of the question

We are in agreement!

Must be time to leave the bar!

mate in the end of the day i was very happy in 1995.

if someone would give me back what we had in 1995 i would be over the moon.

id be devastated if sydney had to go through more mergers or clubs dieing.

it set us back 10 years, we are now ready to launch again.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's the beer and the heady highs of seeing an NRL game live! Soon I'll be back in the West and my usual pessimistic self!

Status
Not open for further replies.