What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course. I mean we beat the exact same team bar Vagana the very next year. But you keep believing that.

Kiss the rings b!tch: 2002

2004 was the one that mattered.

and as a saints fan, the nswrl had to have the rules of the game changed and cronulla brought in to stop saints winning the comp.

you guys get the nrl helping by kicking out the strongest team, or are lucky in that saints best player copped a needle in the wrong spot and gifted the win

Brycey

Juniors
:?

If it works for them and SJ as a business is profitable, what's the problem?

And are you certain that all 15 clubs have a junior base?
Let me withdraw that. I am not sure what type of operations Melbourne have in place.

The point being if it works for them then very well, but for supporters of the Rabbitohs to praise their junior efforts when they in fact make no effort is very rich.

Oh and Dally, Roosters = 4 more junior clubs than the Rabbitohs. :)

Let me withdraw that. I am not sure what type of operations Melbourne have in place.

The point being if it works for them then very well, but for supporters of the Rabbitohs to praise their junior efforts when they in fact make no effort is very rich.

Oh and Dally, Roosters = 4 more junior clubs than the Rabbitohs. :)

:lol:

pathetic

souths juniors are souths juniors

Brycey

Juniors
2004 was the one that mattered.

and as a saints fan, the nswrl had to have the rules of the game changed and cronulla brought in to stop saints winning the comp.

you guys get the nrl helping by kicking out the strongest team, or are lucky in that saints best player copped a needle in the wrong spot and gifted the win
What are you a dogs supporter now too. The only persons it matters to is Dogs fans.

2002 mattered to me and every other Roosters fan.

I'm glad to hear you were alive to witness the Saints win those premierships all that time ago, mustve been a thrill for you eh gramps?

Brycey

Juniors
:lol:

pathetic

souths juniors are souths juniors
And your evidence to support that is where?

Fact: Souths Juniors and SSRLFC are 2 different entities.

SSRLFC does nothing to support them, takes their money and their players...hence Souths does nothing for their juniors. Deal with it, its a fact, its like arguing that the sky isnt blue...though I wouldnt put it past you.

And your evidence to support that is where?

Fact: Souths Juniors and SSRLFC are 2 different entities.

SSRLFC does nothing to support them, takes their money and their players...hence Souths does nothing for their juniors. Deal with it, its a fact, its like arguing that the sky isnt blue...though I wouldnt put it past you.

souths dont need to do anything for their juniors.

the evidence that the juniors are souths is in the name.

SOUTHS JUNIORS.

What are they supposed to do? The purpose of juniors is to foster them and bring them up through the club. :?

Exactly! The point of the Junior organisation is to provide for the Senior's. South Sydney Senior's provide an outlet for the talented Junior's to make first grade, thereby giving the Junior organisation a point. Without the senior team, children would not be lured into the Junior system.

Now seeing as you will want more than that, South's senior team provide coaching clinic's as well as numerous matchday experiences etc. for the Junior teams. The Senior teams also provide an avenue for revenue for the Juniors by providing memorabilia and signed Jerseys etc for Raffles and fundraisers. Of course, Brycey wouldn't know how the whole Junior / Senior system works because he supports the Roosters.

BTW, The Roosters Junior comp. folded due to lack of interest and funding. South's Junior's were gracious enough to adopt the 4 remaining Junior teams and allow them into our comp. I believe that there is also a provison somewhere that if the Roosters ever looked like having a junior competition again, Souths Juniors would release these four teams back and also provide some funding to help get it off the ground.

What are you a dogs supporter now too. The only persons it matters to is Dogs fans.

2002 mattered to me and every other Roosters fan.

I'm glad to hear you were alive to witness the Saints win those premierships all that time ago, mustve been a thrill for you eh gramps?

i like the dogs.

i like teams who give young guys a chance mostly and build up a squad built on loyalty.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brycey when he says "2004 was the one that mattered" - it's the only time in the decade we met in a Grand Final, and we won.

I also fail to see why Souths' junior arrangement concerns you, or how it's relevant. However for the record I can clarify Melbourne's junior base is actually here on the Central Coast. They have teams here in NSW Cup, SG Ball and Flegg.

Brycey when he says "2004 was the one that mattered" - it's the only time in the decade we met in a Grand Final, and we won.

I also fail to see why Souths' junior arrangement concerns you, or how it's relevant. However for the record I can clarify Melbourne's junior base is actually here on the Central Coast. They have teams here in NSW Cup, SG Ball and Flegg.

more than that.

before the game both sides said it would prove a point re. 2002. the roosters were well aware going into the game that their failure to win it would mean 2002 would be tainted somewhat.

c_eagle

Juniors
Exactly! The point of the Junior organisation is to provide for the Senior's. South Sydney Senior's provide an outlet for the talented Junior's to make first grade, thereby giving the Junior organisation a point. Without the senior team, children would not be lured into the Junior system.

Now seeing as you will want more than that, South's senior team provide coaching clinic's as well as numerous matchday experiences etc. for the Junior teams. The Senior teams also provide an avenue for revenue for the Juniors by providing memorabilia and signed Jerseys etc for Raffles and fundraisers. Of course, Brycey wouldn't know how the whole Junior / Senior system works because he supports the Roosters.

BTW, The Roosters Junior comp. folded due to lack of interest and funding. South's Junior's were gracious enough to adopt the 4 remaining Junior teams and allow them into our comp. I believe that there is also a provison somewhere that if the Roosters ever looked like having a junior competition again, Souths Juniors would release these four teams back and also provide some funding to help get it off the ground.
I'm sure it helped that a Souths lackey on the NSWRL board gave most of the Roosters' territory to Souths. There's no way that Coogee isn't in the Eastern Suburbs, ffs.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'm sure it helped that a Souths lackey on the NSWRL board gave most of the Roosters' territory to Souths. There's no way that Coogee isn't in the Eastern Suburbs, ffs.

I went to school in Moore Park and pretty much everyone who lived in places like Kensington, Coogee, Randwick etc* were Chookas fans. They also tended to follow that sh*tter version of Rugby however...

Sood

Juniors
Guys.. theres a thread in the fight club for this crap....

Isnt this a crowd watch?

Get over it.

Chapsta

Juniors
^Well said guys. People seem to fall for the Rabbitohs "good guys" image, fact is they have done alot of bad.

very promising graph that one.

looking at that souths, roosters and dogs have done very well getting their crowds up over time.

if they keep it up they will all get 30,000.

DINGb@T

Juniors
very promising graph that one.

looking at that souths, roosters and dogs have done very well getting their crowds up over time.

if they keep it up they will all get 30,000.

Interesting thing to note in that graph- I may be wrong but the Bulldogs started playing at ANZ (regularly I mean) in 1999, Wests in 2005 and Souths in 2007.
Note the large increase in their average?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts