What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

DINGb@T

Juniors
That crowd figure is interesting because the Sunday Mail reported that the Cowboys had pre-sold 14500 and were hoping for a big walk-up as well.

Does anyone know if they only count people through the turnstiles or total tickets sold?

Often wondered if the higher sales figures/pax/etc reflected the fact that people bought the tickets (hence the reported figures) but then many dont show up if the weather is bad etc. Also goes for season ticket holders- do their tickets count if they dont go to the game?

yakstorm

First Grade
Bloody cold. It couldn't be over 18 degrees atm. The clear skies are letting all the heat escape at night :)

That crowd figure is interesting because the Sunday Mail reported that the Cowboys had pre-sold 14500 and were hoping for a big walk-up as well.

Cowboys have 9,500 members so that means only 5,000 tickets had been pre-sold. Not surprising not all their members didn't turn up, a lot of them live out of Townsville and can only make Saturday night games.

Knight87

Juniors
2007:Average Monday Night Football crowd attendance (after 12 MNF games) - 16,480
2008:Average Monday Night Football crowd attendance (after 12 MNF games) - 13,425

Is the Monday Night Football novelty starting to wear off? With Souths taking on Gold Coast (an out of town side) next week at ANZ Stadium, I hate to think what the crowd for that game could end up being. Anything over 10,000 will be considered a success, but I don't know if that's going to happen. However, the Rd 17 Bulldogs vs South Sydney and Rd 20 St George/Illawarra vs Bulldogs matches (both at ANZ Stadium) have the potential to get well over 20,000 ppl.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not going to wade through your silly links. Did the Bulldogs cheat the cap or not? If so, could it be said that the club was built partly on money?

Perhaps you missed the point of my post. No need for any clicking of "silly links". Read it again.

nqboy

First Grade
:lol: :lol: Toughen up ya pineapple. I'm sitting here with the heater blazing and the dog's water bowl has just started to freeze over.
When a pair of boxers and a t-shirt doesn't keep you warm, it's too bloody cold :lol: I'll have to go to bed soon and get under the doona or at least close the window next to the puter.

Timmah

Staff member
What questions? The salary cap nonsense has been done to death on this forum by you and countless others. Pursuing it in a thread supposed to be about crowds and their progress in relation to previous years is fruitless, and I'm bored with it.

Go nuts.

bobmar28

Bench
2007:Average Monday Night Football crowd attendance (after 12 MNF games) - 16,480
2008:Average Monday Night Football crowd attendance (after 12 MNF games) - 13,425

Is the Monday Night Football novelty starting to wear off? With Souths taking on Gold Coast (an out of town side) next week at ANZ Stadium, I hate to think what the crowd for that game could end up being. Anything over 10,000 will be considered a success, but I don't know if that's going to happen. However, the Rd 17 Bulldogs vs South Sydney and Rd 20 St George/Illawarra vs Bulldogs matches (both at ANZ Stadium) have the potential to get well over 20,000 ppl.
It's a sad day when you can't get a decent crowd to the game because the visitors are from out of town.
Isn't that always the case for Broncos, Cowboys, Titans, Knights, Warriors, Raiders and Storm yet they seem to be able to get reasonable crowds.

Timmah

Staff member
No, I didn't think you would or could.

How is living 6 years in the past going for you?

Alternatively, if you are in fact living in 2008, explain to me the relevance of what happened with the Bulldogs in 2002 and why you feel the urge to bring it up in a thread that has sweet f*ck all to do with it?

nqboy

First Grade
I was just answering dally who said it was a team built on loyalty. But we both know loyalty wasn't the only factor, don't we Three Dads?

Timmah

Staff member
Sorry, I couldn't see past your name-calling childishness. :nwave:

The Preacher

First Grade
Well, as a non-dog I can tell you honestly that the '02 Dog's side was chock full of loyalty. They stuck together like sh!t to a blanket, they were a close side, and they were all mates. There was loyalty there by the truckload.
I had a lot to do with them socially through my employment.
The cap was not the concern of the players. It was something that was out of their hands, and I don't think you'd go up to your CEO or Pres. and ask them how the figures were going. You're there to play f**ken football, nothing else.
Hope that answers your questions NQ.

nqboy

First Grade
Partly Preacher. I don't doubt the loyalty. I just don't want the money and the cheating glossed over.

The Preacher

First Grade
Gee mate, I don't ever think it was glossed over. They cheated (the officials), they got caught, and the players paid the penalty.
The blokes that resigned or were sacked were never going to be doing it hard for a feed, but the players had a f**ken lot of hard work tipped down the sewer. I don't think they'll ever be allowed to forget it, but it's the admin that should wear the sh!t, not the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.