What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.

nqboy

First Grade
I don't have a problem with the players, just the officials (obviously) and fans who would prefer their sanitised version to go unchallenged.

We're starting to go round in circles. I understand your point but I'm not sure if you get mine.

But that ends it, Mr Preacher, and it's time to say good-bye,
So we must agree to differ in all friendship, you and I.
Yes, we'll work our own salvation with the stoutest hearts we may,
And if fortune only favours we will take the road some day,
And talk about the footy 'neath the sunshine and the stars,
And then return to Sydney and vermilionize the bars.

With apologies to A.B. "Banjo" PATTERSON.

The Preacher

First Grade
I don't have a problem with the players, just the officials (obviously) and fans who would prefer their sanitised version to go unchallenged.

We're starting to go round in circles. I understand your point but I'm not sure if you get mine.

But that ends it, Mr Preacher, and it's time to say good-bye,
So we must agree to differ in all friendship, you and I.
Yes, we'll work our own salvation with the stoutest hearts we may,
And if fortune only favours we will take the road some day,
And talk about the footy 'neath the sunshine and the stars,
And then return to Sydney and vermilionize the bars.

With apologies to A.B. "Banjo" PATTERSON.

:clap: :lol: :clap: Very good, seeya at the pub.

beave

Coach
That is a bad crowd for NQLD. Normally a lot
better.

It's been well documented in here as to why Monday night games don't work up here, and coupled in with that fact the cowboys are an embarrassment to the NQ region at the moment doesn't help either. I thought there would be 12k, so I was suprised.

The weather was actually a bit nippy for up here, one of the coldest games i have been to in Tvl, but not cold enough to prevent someone from coming to the game like in Canberra or to a lesser extent Penrith.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Partly Preacher. I don't doubt the loyalty. I just don't want the money and the cheating glossed over.
I've never glossed it over. I just don't see the necessity to drag it up and out into the fore for the umpteenth time.
Gee mate, I don't ever think it was glossed over. They cheated (the officials), they got caught, and the players paid the penalty.
The blokes that resigned or were sacked were never going to be doing it hard for a feed, but the players had a f**ken lot of hard work tipped down the sewer. I don't think they'll ever be allowed to forget it, but it's the admin that should wear the sh!t, not the players.
That's right - the public face of the club wore it more than anyone else and the poor bugger almost felt like they were being driven from the club. The other public face of the club - the fans - have copped it ever since.

nqboy

First Grade
I've never glossed it over.
Mentioning loyalty without mentioning money when discussing the Bulldogs at the time is glossing it over. I don't know why you even commented. I was responding to dally, it was nothing to do with you.

mark123

Juniors
Mentioning loyalty without mentioning money when discussing the Bulldogs at the time is glossing it over. I don't know why you even commented. I was responding to dally, it was nothing to do with you.

responding to dally was your first mistake

IllawarraGiant

Juniors
ok, settle down girls, stop pulling each others pigtails.

Any Predictions for crowds this week? Whose going?

Im heading out; got a new scarf!

yakstorm

First Grade
Broncos crowd: 27864
Last 3 Crowds for this Fixture: 29364 (07), 31500 (06), 25780 (05)

So down 5% on last year, and 4% on the average for the past 3 years for this fixture.

Dragons Crowd: 9032
Last 3 Crowds for this Fixture: 9057 (07), 12098 (06), 12932 (05)

So only slightly down on last year, but down 21% on the average over the past 3 years.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Problem is the majority of the Dragons supporters live either South of Sydney or Wollongong. Plus ANZ is a dump do you expect them to go there.

They should either play at Kogarah and Wollongong, or just Wollongong, not ANZ.

yakstorm

First Grade
Honestly I don't think this game would have drawn many more regardless of whether it was played at Kogarah, WIN or the SFS. Unfortunately Penrith don't draw very well, and the Dragons did nothing to even try and attract anymore than the diehard fans of either side to the match...

Considering the capacity of ANZ Stadium, I'm surprised these clubs aren't bailing up schools and trying to fill the ends of the grounds with freebies.

What clubs seem to be forgetting, is whilst freebies don't generate any direct revenues to the club, more bums on seats provides not only the club, but the code so many more benefits. It encourages memberships, it makes sponsorship assets worth more because the brand looks more popular, it also helps other clubs draw more in sponsorships because the game looks popular, it creates an atmosphere, can help lure new fans, especially if you're targeting kids, and the stadiums who are earning more in food/beverage/signage sales are far more likely to want to keep these clubs there.

dogz08

First Grade
the dragons panthers game tonight got 9032 people looked like there was no1 there.. in the brisbane tigers game they got 27.000 i mean come on both teams are doing well it's an all sydney clash wheres all the surporters? i'm sick of seeing sh*t crowds in sydney ..i'm goin to the dogs game tonight and i bet ya there will be no1 there either

Knightmare

Coach
St George Illawarra- one of 8 Sydney teams playing at a neutral venue that isn't a great stadium to watch League at for club matches.

Brisbane- a one team town playing at a magnificent venue without a bad seat in the place, only 1 train station away from the city centre and venues people can go out to after the match.

Big Pete

Referee
You can make as many excuses you want but you can't say the crowd last night wasn't a dissapointment.

Mind you the Broncos wasn't much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.