What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2008 Crowd Watch - Final Totals in Post #3778

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, you cant expect it to happen overnight.

This thread has just become such a negative one. Guess the glass is half empty aye.

crowds fall around origin time and it makes things look bad.

when we are at around 300 below the highest crowd average weve ever had, why would we be negative?

they have to do something about origin and players missing games.

it might take 10 years, but i expect the sydney average to be over 20,000, and closer to 25,000 by then.

clubs have done nothing about their crap grounds for decades and not had a culture of being crowd based. its changing though, with dogs and souths doing really well.

even your club has done well with the large increase in season ticket numbers and as long as clubs keep growing those things will be fine.

souths and the roosters added something like 3000 + ST numbers this year so if that continues for just 3 more years, they should each be averaging 20,000.

all it takes is for one sydney club to be getting really good crowds then there will be a bandwagon and other clubs fans will follow

nqboy

First Grade
Very disappointing crowd at Mt Smart. That looked like a good day in NZ but I heard the commentators say the track was heavy. Was there some rain around?

Perth Red

Post Whore
On the close ups it looked like it was chucking it down during the game.

Still a very poor crowd though.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Give me a f**king break. It was monsoonal in Auckland, lightened up during the Under 20s and about 10 minutes before kickoff came good for a while.

By all rights it ought to have been 4000.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
17,547 @ Toyota... about time Cronulla fans turned up.

Round 15
9,032 @ ANZ (STG)
27,864 @ Suncorp
9,845 @ ANZ (BUL)
10,880 @ Olym Pk
7,141 @ Mt Smart
19,543 @ EAS
17,547 @ Toyota

7 games
Total: 101,852
Average: 14,550

one game to go.

Timmah

Staff member
Yes, very well done. A few strong crowds to combat the weak ones.

The 2GB team were making bets on tomorrow nights figure earlier... all around the 6k mark. :-s

eastsrule

Bench
Yes, very well done. A few strong crowds to combat the weak ones.

The 2GB team were making bets on tomorrow nights figure earlier... all around the 6k mark. :-s
Monday night + Souths + ANZ +very few gold coast fans in sydney = 6k.

Timmah

Staff member
I won't be surprised if it is the crowd but I can see ANZ posting it as closer to 8 or 9k.

Timmah

Staff member
Wouldn't get many more regardless of venue as a Souths home game.

eastsrule

Bench
ive also predicted that in 5 years you will be a RL fan.

RL fan by what measure?

Do you stand by your prediction of a 30 000 attendance average for Souths?

and FMD you are obsessed

I've brought up a relevant point. Quite funny one too.

You are just embarassed because all the rest of the "real RL fans" will see how stupid you really are. You asinine twit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts