What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Red Bear

Referee
wt20091qk8.jpg

Is this the one you mean??? This MUST surely be the Ten year Anniversary Jersey . . . . .
Is your sig a referance to sydney band the hard-ons?

nqcowboy87

Bench
They're still Premiers though :(

First "in the flesh" pic for 2009... not very clear either. Canberra's newbie (at the back, the front is the women's soccer side)

Even more offensive than before for mine:

2nd_grn_mach_story_Background.jpg-57d6c802e082e238618fb3abe1722c7a.jpg
the middle one looks like a cross between scott minto and your common house rat

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Agreed. The designer over at Gazzzaf Design (who does some top work) did some mock up jerseys for the 2008 season, the Broncos jersey's being better than the strip currently on offer both in colours and sponsor integration.

broncosalternatedh5.jpg

Check the rest of his work at: http://www.gazzzaf.tk/

In particular I rate the Raiders alternate jersey and the Storm and Panther strips.
Just as an aside, why the hell don't Brisbane use these jerseys?

Jobdog

Live Update Team
And I know the Knights only recently changed theirs and this has been posted before, but it has me stumped why we didn't opt for these jerseys ...

knights.jpg

Last edited:

Nuke

Staff member
I am a big fan of the 2nd Newcastle design from that Gazzzaf site. The horizontal lined one is close enough to the original design to be awesome (I still rate it the best design the Knights have had thus far), but different enough (the red and blue parts are swapped around on the main part of the jersey) to be great. I wouldn't perhaps go with the predominantly red socks, but the rest I like.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Just as an aside, why the hell don't Brisbane use these jerseys?

because this guy obviously isnt some overated hack at some crappy deisgn company that the broncos choose to use.

i really wonder hwo the f**k comes ups with soem jersey designs and what morons ta a particular club think they're good idea.

i wonder if they ever actually do any market research with the jersey designs before making them...

i'd let this dude design all nrl jerseys

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Normally it's about templates each manufacturer supplies. Nike, Reebok etc, all have templates that clubs choose from. Hence why Manly & Melbourne both currently have near-identical alternate strips.

Spitty

Juniors
How does it work contractually Timmah?

I mean Melbourne used the Reebok template for there away jersey last year. Now they're moving to Kooga and are taking that Reebok design with them. Surely Reebok can't be happy about that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You wouldn't think so, but I believe the NRL's rules of having to maintain such a strip for at least two seasons would probably override that.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
Normally it's about templates each manufacturer supplies. Nike, Reebok etc, all have templates that clubs choose from. Hence why Manly & Melbourne both currently have near-identical alternate strips.

yeah i know :(, i just wished someone with half a f**king brain would realise that having teams wearing the same jersey with different colours sucks and that some of these designs are atrocious at best.

you'd think someone at nike would have the rbain to relaise that some of these strips are terrible. i ahve no idea how designs were done in the odl days but i'd like to see it move back that way, let the club have a clear pick at a jersey ratehr then being told 'we have two jerseys for you, they both suck but contractually you have to pick one'

Jono078

Referee
I'm not liking the white sides thing.

Souths done it first, now Manly.

Besides that it's alright.

Knightmare

Coach
I don't mind it. Would look much better in a v-neck though, but it appears Manly have all but completely returned to their most famous 'hoops' jersey. I hope the sponsors' logo stays that simple too.

Latest posts