What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The NRL really needs to step in and tighten the amount of space that clubs are allowed to sell for ads. It's getting ridiculous with all the multicoloured and badly designed ads that are obscuring otherwise good looking jerseys.

AILD

Bench
something sort of related to the topic...sorta.

the storm had a couple of the players 08 jerseys up for sale on the site...ones they actually played in, the sizes were XXS. lol i didnt even know they made that size...i knew they were tight for obvious reasons (harder to grab onto) but didnt know they were that small.

Chook Norris

First Grade
LMel9-Jer-Cap-Special-4.jpg

the blue does not go well with the purple.. the whole jersey looks one colour...dull, defintiely too high as well

the storm away jersey is better though

Nuke

Staff member
The sponsor logo is FAR too big. That is problem number 1. Followed closely behind by problem number 2: It is too high up.

These are facts we all can see very clearly.

This is how I feel the Melbourne jersey should look (with the design staying the same, ect).
MS_2009.jpg

Tom Shines

First Grade
That's probably just a throw togethor jersey they knocked up for the press conference. The Cameron Smith signing is a great opportunity for ME to get there symbol out there and I daresay they would have put a fair bit of pressure on Melbourne to make sure the ME Bank symbol was seen.

More than likely Melbourne just chucked a sticker on the jersey for the press conference and it probably fell off the jersey 3 minutes after the press conference ended. I doubt Melbourne will be running out with that design come round 1 next year.

Hate to say it, but it looks like that will be permanent judging by this shot:

Storm.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The sponsor logo is FAR too big. That is problem number 1. Followed closely behind by problem number 2: It is too high up.

These are facts we all can see very clearly.

This is how I feel the Melbourne jersey should look (with the design staying the same, ect).
MS_2009.jpg

Much better.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Can't even see the NRL and Storm logos clearly anymore. F*ck that sh*t.

hrundi99

First Grade
The NRL really needs to step in and tighten the amount of space that clubs are allowed to sell for ads. It's getting ridiculous with all the multicoloured and badly designed ads that are obscuring otherwise good looking jerseys.

The NRL does have regulations about size and positioning for all sponsors logos on the playing strip.

It's not up to them to force a club to turn their backs on a sponsor over the colour of their logo. It doesn't ultimately make too much sense to me either in this day and age.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
The NRL does have regulations about size and positioning for all sponsors logos on the playing strip.
Yeah I know that's why I said they should tighten the amount of space.

It's not up to them to force a club to turn their backs on a sponsor over the colour of their logo. It doesn't ultimately make too much sense to me either in this day and age.

Ads are obscuring the famous jerseys of many clubs. It's common sense that the NRL should protect the identity of the jersey, seeing as jersey's are the most easily identifiable aspects of any club.

EPL clubs get by with logos that are nicely merged into the jersey design and AFL clubs have small ads that do really obscure anything. Even in Aus RL we have Origin teams and the Kangaroos with nicely integrated ads that don't overly detract from the jersey, there's no reason why NRL clubs can't so the same.

Clubs aren't going to tell a sponsor that they can't have an ad as big as they can possibly get purely for aesthetic reasons. We need the NRL to step in and reduce the amount of space available so that the clubs aren't in that situation. Sponsors won't care, as long as they can get an ad as big as they're allowed they'll pay the $$.

Shorty

Staff member
Yeah I definitely agree.
Christ I'd hate to be a Melbourne fan with that jumper,like the advert is terrible it just looks absolutely awful.
Seriously all you can see is that f**king thing it looks like someone slapped a sticker on there,people will be watching a game on tv and go 'ME just scored a try'..

Some teams are lucky,Cronulla and my own team have sponsors that put their logos on the jerseys tastefully but Brisbane and Melbourne are awful.

skeepe

Immortal
Real pic of the 'Dogs new retro strip.

11ADL9RJSY.jpg

Surely the Camp Quality logo could be move up slightly so that it sits nicely in the white space between the hoops? It could even be integrated then, replacing the yellow with white.

I'm just glad that the Raiders have finally gone with an integrated sponsor logo for 2009, instead of the monstrosity that was the white box over the past 2 seasons.

shear_joy9

Coach
I'm not sure what's worse; the shirt makers designing the jerseys or the clubs accepting a disasterous design

innsaneink

Referee
Surely the Camp Quality logo could be move up slightly so that it sits nicely in the white space between the hoops? It could even be integrated then, replacing the yellow with white.

I'm just glad that the Raiders have finally gone with an integrated sponsor logo for 2009, instead of the monstrosity that was the white box over the past 2 seasons.
Simple idea, too simple it seems

Melbs certainly jumps out at ya.

Black white and blue....bow wow ooooh!!!!