What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Brisbane:

1.jpg

Knightmare

Coach
Looks like the WOW Brisbane Broncos WOW 13 2813 WOW: for all your audio visual needs PS. did you know the Broncos are sponsored by WOW? jersey is average for another year. Would look much better if they incorporated the logo into the jersey, returned to there being white somewhere on the jersey and went with the old horizontal stripes.

I saw the Roosters away jersey at Rebel today and it looks awesome. Beats the arse off their previous away jersey.

Nuke

Staff member
I have no problems with the actual design of Brisbane's jersey (their main one anyway ... the colours of the alternate one are just not right for Brisbane), however as we all know, their sponsor buggers it up royally.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
I don't understand why they can't do something like this. If it's good enough for the QLD Origin jersey (and jerseys in the EPL, etc) to have only white text then I don't see why they need all of those colours on the Broncos jersey.

broncsjerseynu4.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
This isn't ideal, but I think this is more like what they should be doing:
bb-altered_jersey.jpg

MsStorm

Bench
This isn't ideal, but I think this is more like what they should be doing:
bb-altered_jersey.jpg

This version look okay but a bit busy.

It seems to be the culture within nrl to have busy jerserys..I prefer something very plain, with obviously the current sponsor posted somewhere....would be nice if that somewhere could be tucked into the shorts:lol:

innsaneink

Referee
Dont you people realise the sponsors want their name to jump out and be noticed?
They dont care what it does to the jersey.
Wait till a few years time when the technology becomes availble where the message on the jumper can be changed/animated, like signage at the grounds.

A sponsor that looks after the workers rights/entitlements in the mining, oil, gas, port and power industries are ethically corrupt, look in the mirror chump. :lol::lol::lol:
Unions only look after their own wallet, not that of their members. The CFMEU is one of the worst offenders, they offer little support to their members outside taking their money and giving them a magazine every few months.

hellteam

First Grade
Dont you people realise the sponsors want their name to jump out and be noticed?
They dont care what it does to the jersey.
Wait till a few years time when the technology becomes availble where the message on the jumper can be changed/animated, like signage at the grounds.

video screens on jerseys ?

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
What...and compromise the $$$$'s?
Dont think so.

The size (AFL) or colouring (EPL) of the ad makes no difference to sponsors. They'll pay top dollar for the largest ad space possible.

I dunno, wouldnt be surprised in 10 years to see something of the sort, how long ago were hypercolour T-shirts now?
It's 2009, I'm still waiting for my flying car. I'll be pissed if we have videos on t-shirts before that.

innsaneink

Referee
The size (AFL) or colouring (EPL) of the ad makes no difference to sponsors. They'll pay top dollar for the largest ad space possible.

It's 2009, I'm still waiting for my flying car. I'll be pissed if we have videos on t-shirts before that.

I had porridge for breakfast

Pierced Soul

First Grade
What...and compromise the $$$$'s?
Dont think so.

?

it's only compromised cos the nrl lets them do block sponsorships. if they didnt allow it then it's going to be you either get on board or f**k off. do other proffessional sports have block sponsorships like the NRL? (not counting crap like cycling and racing which are just walking billboards).

i dont really follow other sports so have no idea, but i dont think a lot of US sports like NHL or the NBA have sponsorships at all on their jerseys? but i'd assume the teams still ahve sponsors who pay a lot of money for that priviliedge

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
it's only compromised cos the nrl lets them do block sponsorships. if they didnt allow it then it's going to be you either get on board or f**k off. do other proffessional sports have block sponsorships like the NRL? (not counting crap like cycling and racing which are just walking billboards).

i dont really follow other sports so have no idea, but i dont think a lot of US sports like NHL or the NBA have sponsorships at all on their jerseys? but i'd assume the teams still ahve sponsors who pay a lot of money for that priviliedge
I take it you have never seen any of the French RL jerseys?

20080517_6944_redimensionner.jpg

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Had a peek into Peter Wynn's score and the following are already on sale:
Broncos home
Bulldogs home
Bulldogs heritage
Canberra home
Canberra away
Cronulla home
Cronulla away