What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You've lost me with this bit. If it was a Souths away game regardless of where it was being played (which is the case), then the sponsor/s on their 'away' jersey would be the ones on the heritage jersey.
That's the way I'd think it would be done anyway.
Souths wore the heritage jersey in the trials and it was clearly labelled with nab on the front of jersey.
The kind of quality reply to be expected by some merkin with 60k posts.
Well if you're honestly going to tell me the Tigers heritage strip yesterday (the same one they used last year mind you) doesn't resemble anything like a Balmain strip, you're delusional.

Seeing the heritage jerseys is great, but FMD I wish they'd either do it properly or not do it at all. Get every team to wear a heritage jersey for the round. It's not that hard.

Maybe pick a decade, like they did a few years ago with the "60's" round and make all teams wear a jersey from then. Obviously Melbourne and Nth Qld etc would have to be imaginitive with their designs but at least make 'em do it!

Wests jersey yesterday was nothing but a shambles. Trying to put together a jesey from a number of different jerseys is always going to end in tears. What's wrong with an orange jersey with two balck vee's? Too difficult I'd say.....

I hate to say it, but look at the AFL, they always get the hertitage jerseys right. Why can't the NRL?

macavity

Referee
Tigers should wear the purple jersey IMO

a proud period of their history...

Souths (why not minties?) and NQ were party poopers - and I wish Penrith would wear either the licorice all-sorts or their 80s design...

_Johnsy

Referee
Does anyone know the company, or website of that guy who did some NRL jersey designs. I cant find them at all, he had some really good designs.

bobmar28

Bench
Has anyone else noticed the Bigpond onfield signage is missing since the Mat Johns scandal broke? Anyone know anything about it?

Timmah

Staff member
WTF would it have to do with the Matt Johns scandal, excuse my ignorance :?

hellteam

First Grade
I'd say he wants to know if Bigpond have pulled their sponsorship or something to that effect.

Timmah

Staff member
Highly doubt it, they're part of Telstra, the NRL's major sponsor.

bobmar28

Bench
Highly doubt it, they're part of Telstra, the NRL's major sponsor.

I simply asked if anyone knows why they have removed their onfield signage. It may be a coincidence that it hasn't been seen since the Mat Johns story.

Last edited:

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs New Logo Announced
A few weeks ago it was announced the Bulldogs would have a new logo in 2010. Bulldogs Members were asked to vote on two designs the winning design was this:
http://www.nospam25.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13896&stc=1&d=1239619473
There are six key elements featured in the designs of the logo:

• The year the Club was established - 1935
  • The CB logo that represents where we were established was worn for 38 years (from 1935 to 1972)
  • The Bulldog Logo that represents the living creature from which we are named which was worn for 24 years (from 1973 to 1996
  • The Blue V's design that was the design of our jersey for 44 years (from 1963 to 1969, 1973 to present
  • The Shield represent a symbol of strong cover for when one attacks or defends as well as that of solidarity and structure
  • The word mark is clean, crisp and fresh; reflecting the values of the club especially responsible and trustworthy
The new logo will officially be commissioned into use in November this year.

Source: member email

Sam I Am

Juniors
Bulldogs New Logo Announced
A few weeks ago it was announced the Bulldogs would have a new logo in 2010. Bulldogs Members were asked to vote on two designs the winning design was this:
http://www.nospam25.com.au/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13896&stc=1&d=1239619473
There are six key elements featured in the designs of the logo:

• The year the Club was established - 1935
  • The CB logo that represents where we were established was worn for 38 years (from 1935 to 1972)
  • The Bulldog Logo that represents the living creature from which we are named which was worn for 24 years (from 1973 to 1996
  • The Blue V's design that was the design of our jersey for 44 years (from 1963 to 1969, 1973 to present
  • The Shield represent a symbol of strong cover for when one attacks or defends as well as that of solidarity and structure
  • The word mark is clean, crisp and fresh; reflecting the values of the club especially responsible and trustworthy
The new logo will officially be commissioned into use in November this year.

Source: member email

Good stuff! I much prefer this to the current Bulldogs logo, with half a grey V. Remember that alternate jersey in around 99 that had a blue bottom half of the V with the filled in grey above it?

Timmah

Staff member
On the back of good news comes bad:

SPONSORSHIP DEAL CANNOT PROCEED

Wednesday, June 03, 2009
The Bulldogs have today been officially advised by the NRL that a three-year multi-million dollar sponsorship deal with the Strathfield Group cannot proceed due to a conflict with the game’s major sponsor Telstra.
Although extremely disappointed by the decision Bulldogs Chief Executive Mr Todd Greenberg says the Club will move on.
“We now have a better understanding of the Naming Rights Sponsorship agreement between the NRL and Telstra and it’s clear that our hands are tied with regards to pursuing a partnership with the Strathfield Group or any of their related businesses,” Mr Greenberg said.
“We have worked closely with the NRL in recent weeks in an attempt find a workable solution that was amenable for all parties. We were hopeful that such a significant sponsorship could remain in rugby league but unfortunately Telstra have confirmed that they see the Strathfield Group as a genuine competitor.”
“This is a hurdle we are well placed to overcome, I really don’t think we could be in a better position to re-enter the sponsorship market.
“The Bulldogs are a standout option for anyone interested in reaching one of the most watched sporting franchises in Australia and targeting a family focused demographic predominantly aged between 18 – 54 (78%).
“We are positioned well at the half way point of the season and have received significant interest from well regarded parties. I expect we'll have some positive sponsorship news in coming weeks."

http://bulldogs.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=17078

Latest posts