What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Jerseys/Playing Strips, Sponsors, Logos etc

Patorick

Staff member
09-rbk-herritagejersey.jpg

Frederick

Staff member
Ben Rogers and Isaac De Gois modelling the Knights heritage jersey they'll wear against the Roosters today:
00002175-image.jpg

00002173-image.jpg

Frederick

Staff member
*shrugs* Maybe, they do look to be lacking in sponsor logos

EDIT: Yep, they're just the training shorts.

Nuke

Staff member
I would love that. I think I mentioned this some time ago in the Newcastle section of these forums, but if we did that (or that Gazzaf version where the design is the same, but the red is at the bottom and the blue is at the top), then I'd have a similar design to the 2003 World Sevens jersey as the alternate jersey.

Here's my preferences:

MAIN JERSEY
87381945.jpg

OR (the design on the right)
http://www.gazzzaf.com/designs/nrl08/knights.html

ALTERNATE
Knights_2003-WorldSevens.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason both North Queensland and South Sydney decided not to join in the Heritage Round theme? I realise NthQld's 2008 heritage jersey (that they've already worn this season) would clash with NZ's blue one, but surely they could've used their original 1995 design or similar and avoided a clash?

Souths, in my eyes, have no excuse for not joining in. They have had numerous jerseys to choose from in their history. Last year's one looked great - and it's not too dissimilar to their current jerseys.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason both North Queensland and South Sydney decided not to join in the Heritage Round theme? I realise NthQld's 2008 heritage jersey (that they've already worn this season) would clash with NZ's blue one, but surely they could've used their original 1995 design or similar and avoided a clash?

Souths, in my eyes, have no excuse for not joining in. They have had numerous jerseys to choose from in their history. Last year's one looked great - and it's not too dissimilar to their current jerseys.

NQ's decision was based on, as you said, their decision to wear it in R6 to avoid the clash this week (which it wouldn't have if they'd noticed how dark NZ's deep blue was).

Souths reasoned that their current jersey is almost the same as their previous jerseys. I call their bluff - it was probably to do with not short-changing DeLonghi on being on the away jersey 12 times.

Tom Shines

First Grade
The whole heritage round is farked anyway, where you have the Warriors wearing some blue strip that looks nothing like the NZ Warriors or Auckland have worn ever, and the Titans and Tigers also making half-arsed attempts.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Tigers, half-arsed? :? You could label many clubs as having half-arsed attempts but the Tigers is not one of them :lol:

Nuke

Staff member
I don't agree that Wests Tigers attempt at a heritage jersey was half-arsed, but I do believe a mish-mash of several previous Balmain jerseys isn't the way to go. In my opinion, it should be one design done 100% right (obviously with the new material, badges, logos, and sponsors, ect). Choose one 'heritage' design and stick with it. Even if they choose a different heritage design the following year (especially now as it seems that this will be an annual thing).

NZ's modernising of an Auckland rep jersey also isn't quite right in my opinion. I don't have a problem with them (or NthQld) having a regional rep jersey as their heritage jersey, but it should be done as close as possible to that jersey. That being said, I would've loved to have seen the original Auckland Warriors & NthQld Cowboys jerseys being used this morning.

Nuke

Staff member
NQ's decision was based on, as you said, their decision to wear it in R6 to avoid the clash this week (which it wouldn't have if they'd noticed how dark NZ's deep blue was).

Souths reasoned that their current jersey is almost the same as their previous jerseys. I call their bluff - it was probably to do with not short-changing DeLonghi on being on the away jersey 12 times.

You've lost me with this bit. If it was a Souths away game regardless of where it was being played (which is the case), then the sponsor/s on their 'away' jersey would be the ones on the heritage jersey.
That's the way I'd think it would be done anyway.

Latest posts