What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Memberships

Have you taken out 2009 team membership

• Yes

Votes: 68 85.0%
  • No - but I will be

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • No - and I have no intention to

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nemesis

Bench
Who cares, this isn't really a competition of who's got more fans! Let's just all be happy that clubs are starting to push memberships and it's growing slowly...
I agree, but it is a competition for survival for many Sydney based clubs. Three years ago, Souths recognised that having a growing membership base would be essential to the future viability of clubs, so they embarked on a program to do just that and are now leading the way in Sydney.

I'd be happy if half a dozen Sydney clubs had more members than Souths, because that would mean that Rugby League is strong.

I think that all clubs should be forced to publish their membership figures, as this would encourage competition and bring more attention to the need to grow memberships. Can only be a positive thing imo.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Ugh, this rubbish of "my club is better than your club" due to member numbers is ridiculous.

adamkungl

Immortal
Lol.. only a fan from a club that has very few fans would make that statement.

I would say "our membership numbers are quite healthy for a Sydney RL side thank you very much" except this years havn't been released yet :x

NRLMad

Juniors
I agree, but it is a competition for survival for many Sydney based clubs. Three years ago, Souths recognised that having a growing membership base would be essential to the future viability of clubs, so they embarked on a program to do just that and are now leading the way in Sydney.

I'd be happy if half a dozen Sydney clubs had more members than Souths, because that would mean that Rugby League is strong.

I think that all clubs should be forced to publish their membership figures, as this would encourage competition and bring more attention to the need to grow memberships. Can only be a positive thing imo.

I agree - all clubs need to be more accountable. We need to push the cronies out of office & replace them with business men to drive memberships & sales up to allow our code to compete against the AFL.

MsStorm

Bench
I agree - all clubs need to be more accountable. We need to push the cronies out of office & replace them with business men to drive memberships & sales up to allow our code to compete against the AFL.

That would be a dream come true:cool:

Ugh, this rubbish of "my club is better than your club" due to member numbers is ridiculous.
Exactly, we all know who the best club is, it's the one who won the premiership last year, and convincingly at that. The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (in case you were wondering who I was referring to).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Exactly, we all know who the best club is, it's the one who won the premiership last year, and convincingly at that. The Manly Warringah Sea Eagles (in case you were wondering who I was referring to).

Actually, your member numbers are pisspoor given you're premiers. Team running last = 3800... premiers 2750... how does that work?

Actually, your member numbers are pisspoor given you're premiers. Team running last = 3800... premiers 2750... how does that work?

Contradict yourself much? ;-)

My comment was tongue in cheek anyhow, it's a bit embarrassing as a Manly fan. I think competition between clubs for members is a good thing though, and knowing our numbers were so low compared to other clubs was part of the reason I joined up this year for the first time (as well as being made aware of how important memberships are becoming with the financial pressures on clubs these days).