What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Fraser

memberships getting bigger every year

i reckon in 10 years time we will get bigger memberships than the AFL

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
but I simply wanted to challenge the comment that Souths were flying when other clubs were making greater leaps and bounds in comparison. There's no question Souths' membership drive is among the best though.

Why on earth would you want to challenge a compliment I gave to South Sydney? You can state all your little numbers you want, but Souths still have more STH then any other team in Sydney. THEY ARE FLYING!! And they had a disgraceful year compared to either of our clubs.

Sonic Star

Juniors
Why on earth would you want to challenge a compliment I gave to South Sydney? You can state all your little numbers you want, but Souths still have more STH then any other team in Sydney. THEY ARE FLYING!! And they had a disgraceful year compared to either of our clubs.

Because he's a insecure douche who wants everyone to think the Bulldogs are the best at everything.

Maybe you should only compliment the Bulldogs in future to make him happy.

Dave Q

Coach
Because he's a insecure douche who wants everyone to think the Bulldogs are the best at everything.

Maybe you should only compliment the Bulldogs in future to make him happy.

The bulldogs figures are dissapointing for a club with such a good name.

The bottom 4 are basket cases.

:lol:
Another Souffs fan who doesn't check facts before mouthing off.

The Bulldogs finished 2008 with about 4000 members. In 2009, we ended up with 6589. That's a 2500 increase FOLLOWING the spoon season, most of the 6589 joining before we became good.

We're now at 6610 before Christmas (which is likely around 5400/5500 ticketed or more), higher than our 2009 total with THREE MONTHS still to go. The Dragons have smashed through 4,000 members within 3 weeks of releasing their packages.

There's no reason EVERY club can't be smashing previous years totals, but I simply wanted to challenge the comment that Souths were flying when other clubs were making greater leaps and bounds in comparison. There's no question Souths' membership drive is among the best though.

:lol:

You don't understand fans wanting to financially support their club? Memberships will eventually become the biggest revenue stream for each club over the coming decade as the reliance on Leagues Clubs becomes a thing of the past.
you are oh so gay. do you still keep those youtube vids online, enlighten the newer posters?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
a lot of the problem with that is the diversity of stadiums I imagine, and the ticketing nightmare that could present. AFL is blessed in the sense they only have to manage two stadia in the metro area.

dimitri

First Grade
a lot of the problem with that is the diversity of stadiums i imagine, and the ticketing nightmare that could present. Afl is blessed in the sense they only have to manage two stadia in the metro area.

bingo

Perth Red

Post Whore
They could offer a 50% discount to all games for away fans if they are season ticket holders with the visiting team. Would encourage A) more season ticket holders and B) more away fans attending.

AFL troll is AFL-ey.

what is it to hard for a club to onsell tickets, if u reach capacity for a stadium you refund money or have some bargaining power to neg better stadia eg sfs of homebush. Plus you encourage your supporters to buy more season tickets if you are out numbered buy away fans the previous year.

How nice would it to be able to announce that x amount of games in sydney are already sold out before the season starts

spot on timmah as usual, nothing gets past you. So whick afl side did Jason Stevens playfor again?

So u are telling me it is to difficult for 9 clubs to help each other sell tickets buy offering packages to see all the games played in sydney?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You made the claim that if we can't sell out our stadiums we should give up.

Do you honestly think teams like Canterbury and South Sydney should be aiming to get 83,500? I'm an eternal optimist but I'm not that stupid.

Jobdog

Live Update Team

Do you honestly think teams like Canterbury and South Sydney should be aiming to get 83,500? I'm an eternal optimist but I'm not that stupid.
Don't Souffs have 100,000+ fans? Remember the days when everyone marched to get them back in the comp? :sarcasm:

MTK

Juniors
Do we know how regularly the NRL is printing the membership table? Is it just an occasional thing to coincide with a marketing effort, or a regular specified date?

Thanks in advance

Wow, considering most clubs only have home grounds around 20k you would assume I was talking about the majority of clubs in sydney eg parra, st george, tiges, manly, cronulla, Penrith.

Would be nice to see these gronds sold out before the season starts so they are able to negotiate better deals with the bigger staduims plus the extra free press we could generate by having games sold out.

and this is what I actually said

If we cant manage to pre-sell tickets to our stadiums we should give up.
progress.gif