What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

jc155776

Coach
Guess what, the NRL did think like that. It must be a season ticket. 2 game passes and the like don't count.

But they do count for the club. I buy those 2 game packs, not just for those tickets, but to support the club, as well as get first dibs on Grand Final tickets, supporter gear discounts, meet the player night invite etc.

Really everybody who likes League should be getting behind their team somehow, even if it is the cheapest membership, it all counts.

Thats the answer I was looking for, thanks for that.

I myself are a Sharks interstate member to support the club.

I also think that the Dogs, Soufs (Lol @ Soufs), Dragons etc should be applauded for big numbers.

Membership needs to be ingrained into NRL culture.

Perth Red

Post Whore
They should make all teams publish there ticketed and non ticketed memberships. Rewards those that are doing the hard yakka and might shame some of them to get their backsides into gear!

dgsfan

Juniors
Does the Dragons' figure include non-ticketed members? If not that's a great figure for them. They'd be about the only team that will give South a battle for the prize. Well done.

yobbo84

Coach
I would say the majority of the Dragons "season tickets" would be either the 5-game Kogarah pass or the 6-game Wollongong pass, which would boost their numbers.

And it's backwards. This year it's 5 in Wollongong, 6 in Kogarah.

First time since the JV that more games have been played in Kogarah than Wollongong.

bazza

Immortal
Probably - but memberships give the clubs income during the closed season which allows them to better budget during the whole year.

Also, there are a fair whack of fans who buy memberships and then dont go to the games - so the clubs get that money anyway.

Plus there are those that go to games purely because they've already got the tickets. If their team is doing badly and they werent members they probably wouldnt go. These people buy drinks, food, t-shirts, scarves etc which also boosts income.

Plus membership means the clubs can email members on offers etc they wouldnt normally know about further boosting involvement in the club and thereby increasing income. Also, two for one tickets offers for members can be sent out - etc so members will be more likely to entice non members to come along with them as they have a vested interest in the club already.

All in all memberships offer clubs a variety of benefits and very few downsides. The more members the better imo.

also it costs a lot less to get members to continue to go to games than to try and get non-members go to each game.
For example, to get people to go to a one-off match you have to do the following:
1. Spend up on advertising to let people know the game is on
2. Have some gimmick (e.g. live band, etc) to get people to go
3. Hope that the teams involved are going well
4. Hope that the weather is OK
5. Hope that there is nothing else on

Members will go no matter what and you save on the extra advertising. The main advertising/marketing you need to do is send a letter/email out at the end of the season to ask them to renew

thommo4pm

Coach
Saints were only about 4,000 just before Xmas, I doubt the increase would be that much.

And the only reason Saints are so far behind is the timing, they didn't release anything til the last week of Nov/first week of Dec.

When the staff returned from their xmas breaks, our meberships numbers (season ticket holders) was updated to 7,400, that was well over a week ago now.
Saints will smash through the 10,000 mark this season, and yes I know we only released our packages in early - mid December given we were waiting on the allocation of the Home game split / schedule (due to the works to be done at Wollongong).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm aware of that, I was responding to your claims of low membership numbers from memory, I wasn't sure why you made the remark you did. :lol:

thommo4pm

Coach
Well if you read my post clearly (the original one), you would have seen I said we would be almost 8,000 after xmas....which we were. :roll:
I was well aware of the late start to our season ticket packages release date. And that point was already covered off earlier in the thread.
I didn't make any claims about low membership numbers for Saints...our diehard base is among the strongest and always will be.

yakstorm

First Grade
Another update...

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...ership-surge-over-holiday-period/default.aspx

A late membership launch hasn’t stopped the St George-Illawarra Dragons in their quest to become the first New South Wales club to reach 10,000 ticketed club members, with the minor premiers performing the strongest over the holiday period.

Whilst frontrunners, the South Sydney Rabbitohs continued to tick over during the Christmas break, reaching the 8,000 mark early in the new year, the Dragons have enjoyed a strong rush of renewals putting them within 600 members of their biggest challengers.

Fellow contenders and dark horses in the NSW club race to 10,000, the Bulldogs, became only the second club to eclipse their 2009 ticketed membership total and overtaking the Eels for the first time. The initiate to have members names embedded onto their round 1 jersey has proven to be popular at Cronulla, with the Sharks only 200-odd memberships off their 2009 total.

Outside of NSW, the Broncos have continued to show themselves as the leagues’ benchmark for ticketed members, with over 10,500 members signed up at the start of the year, whilst the Cowboys, Titans and Warriors all enjoyed some growth. The Melbourne Storm will be on sale from February 1st.

Join your club for season 2010, become an NRL Club Member today by clicking here

membershipnumbers19012010.jpg
This list is current as of 19/01/2010

Please Note: The numbers in this list are reflective of the total ticketed club membership numbers for each of the 16 Telstra Premiership clubs. They do not include any non-ticketed, regional or interstate memberships clubs may offer.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Good to see us move past last years total.

Hoping we crack 10k but I'm thinking 9k based on the current speed.