What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

SuperSoward

Juniors
2 days ago the dragons website said 3000 members. And it had been like that for weeks. They don't update it.

I think I will believe Peter Doust when I heard him say 9850 at Big Dell's Bash.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
well done to souths and the dragons who seem to be leading the way in NSW. hopefully in a few years time all of the NRL clubs will be approaching or above 10K season ticket holders.

At the very least the tribalism on display on here shows its an issue people will argue over and hopefully get more people to buy in to show there club is #1

Sonic Star

Juniors
Riiiight....you couldn't care less ...thats why you checked the dragons website.

Youre either a moron, a very poor bullsh*t artist...or both.
Its clear this is burning you big time.
Hilarious.

yeah obviously cut up that your club still can't even get passed 5000

What a joke.

Even St Merge can get ticketed members and they are in the same boat as you guys lol

Like I said get rid of the Balmain side of things. They are the cancer of the club.

thommo4pm

Coach
Benny Elias

Seriously mate, just stop.

You are trying to bag out every other club.

Souths have done a wonderful job with their membership drive, but they aren't the only club who have.
The Dogs have had some tremendous success in the last 2 years also.
Parra look like they are going to have a record number also, Brisbane are always strong.
Be happy that the public are all starting to get behind their clubs and teams.

If Souths end up beating Saints for the highest NSW club, I don't care, cause my beloved club, Saints, have increased their fan base this year for ticketed members.
And if we keep increasing each year then that's all every club should want.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Fantastic result for the Dragons, pity for Souths because they looked on target.

I hope our club has a groundswell before the season proper to get across the 10,000 line but I'm worried the tide has slowed :(

adamkungl

Immortal
Anyone know when the next update from nrl.com is expected? By then Roosters should have made their way to the top....

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
So far I think Saints, Canterbury and Parra are the clubs which have surpassed their 2009 totals, and the Sharks aren't far off, which is a phenomenal result given their 2009 season...

thommo4pm

Coach
Penrith are the club who need to get their act together.

There is next to no competition out here, and it is absolute League heartland out here in Penrith.
Their numbers are terrible.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Penrith are the club who need to get their act together.

There is next to no competition out here, and it is absolute League heartland out here in Penrith.
Their numbers are terrible.

Unfortunately not everyone in Penrith supports the Panthers. In my year at school there was probably only 5 possibly up to 10 Penrith supporters. Alot of people have moved to the region in the past 2 decades and they support the teams their parents support.

thommo4pm

Coach
I agree with that to apoint buddy, I've lived in Penrith all my life also, just over 30 years....and been involved with Rugby League out here for 26 of those years.
The Panthers really haven't done enough to entice the younger supporters.

There is a whole generation (people who are say 10 years younger than I am), who the Panthers should have targetted.
Your comments are probably true for people my age, younger than myself though, and with the explosion of Glenmore Park in the last 15 years, along with Bligh Park and other estates / developments...Penrith should be doing a lot better than just on 2,000 season ticket holders.
Penrith City has over 300,000 people in it from memory (last time I checked).

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Yep, i live and grew up in the Penrith region and while they are the most supported club out here, its not by much. Not sure why, they do appear to be trying but its as if the people of Penrith just dont like the Panthers brand.