What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010 Memberships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
do we have to go through this petty arguing about semantics every year....
Souths fan brought it up
Yes. For the record I think the Bulldogs will end up No.1 in Sydney due to their form in 2009 and the cheap price of their tickets, however the fact remains; apples should be compared with apples.
Given you have no evidence, how can you make such an unfounded claim?

yobbo84

Coach
:?

All you've done is linked me to a page that explains the membership breakdown, nowhere does it suggest that the figure on the front page of our website is both ticketek and non-ticketed members.

Considering the link I provided explains what a Bulldogs membership is, and the counter lists the number of "members", as well as using the same visual cues, it's not hard to put two and two together.

If in fact they are counting something different then their counter is both misleading and stupid considering they'd be short-changing themselves.

ashrafieh

Juniors
Bulldogs have passed 4000... Go you good thing!

To the Rabbitoh supporters who cares what the prices are... More members for both clubs the better!

Tommy Anderson

Juniors
MB_02.jpg

This chart on the right shows Membership is both ticketed and non ticketed.
Bulldogs counter is tallting both.
Rabbitohs - 10K
Bulldogs - 4K

ashrafieh

Juniors
MB_02.jpg

This chart on the right shows Membership is both ticketed and non ticketed.
Bulldogs counter is tallting both.
Rabbitohs - 10K
Bulldogs - 4K

Seriously who cares? You want to talk numbers...

2008 Bulldogs home crowd average 15344 (We got the spoon)
Rabbitohs home crowd average 14644.

2009 Bulldogs home crowd average 22608
Rabbitohs home crowd Average 14715.

What is it with South Sydney fans and there obsession with having the most members? Who cares... At least the Bulldogs are working towards building there memberships along with the Rabbitohs and every NRL club.

my2centsworth

Juniors
as of yesterday souths had 10,000 'members' - the bulldogs now have around 4000 'members' - you do get my drift surely?? PS - you started the pissing contest this year

Big Country I give you 5 gold stars for your tenacity in trying to educate these posters.
Personally I have given up. If you can't equate membership to apples and use your fingers to count its a lost cause and they wont understand.

Timmah

Staff member
Given they haven't stated which type of member they're referring to then I don't think you can compare.

Why doesn't someone email the club and find out for sure?

Timmah

Staff member
Bulldogs members as of 3 Dec, 11:50am: 4,273.

I think the Dragons have a counter somewhere but it's hard to find.

Billythekid

First Grade
How is that compared to last year? Hopefully there is a nice boost over christmas.

I just got a 3rd CGTG ticket for a Christmas present. That's 4 members in my family. Only one of us supports the dogs but for 50$ it was pretty cheap and my Dad will love it. We live in Newcastle but we are planning to travel down with my dad to see the storm and the tigers most likely.

Hopefully the 10,000 is within reach, would be great for the game.

Souths are doing a fantastic job again this year.

Sugar

Bench
They aren't the only club.

Is the pissing contest over yet?

At the end of the day I hope a few clubs break the 10k-15k mark regardless of ticketed or non ticketed members and motivate other clubs to pick up their game and push membership hard.

Manly should have cashed in bigtime after 2008 but failed.

Each club has a different ploy to push membership Souths - new signings/ survival, Dogs - successful year/ survival.

One day I would love see a game played where no tickets went on sale to the public, a packed house with season ticket holders from both clubs taking all the seats.
If this ever happens we would be at the top of our game

Timmah

Staff member
Ask Penance, he seems to think Souths are unique.
At the end of the day I hope a few clubs break the 10k-15k mark regardless of ticketed or non ticketed members and motivate other clubs to pick up their game and push membership hard.
As do I. Every team should fair dinkum have 10,000 members, the more popular teams up to 20,000 by the middle of the coming decade.
Sexual assault allegations, slapping sponsors, uninspiring start probably crippled them. That said, I believe they doubled their memberships from around 1500 to 3000 from 2008 --> 2009.
Each club has a different ploy to push membership Souths - new signings/ survival, Dogs - successful year/ survival.
I would imagine the ultimate goal is financial survival, and a lot of clubs are being frank about that.

It would be worth a lot of clubs ensuring their stadia have appropriate facilties, that's the way to grow and keep your member base. As maligned as ANZ is, it speaks for itself that the two biggest member based clubs in Sydney use it as their prime stadium...
One day I would love see a game played where no tickets went on sale to the public, a packed house with season ticket holders from both clubs taking all the seats.
That would be awesome. Truly awesome.

Fein

First Grade

Yeah, bloody well said Sugar. ;-)

Timmah, you started this pissing contest, STFU and concentrate on the big picture FFS.

Every club has a target and let's hope every club exceeds them.