What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

hellteam

First Grade
Souths jersey still looks sh*t with the cheapo collar and black all over it. Looks like one of those jersey you get from lowes

Joker's Wild

Coach
I am disgusted at our new home jersey (Knights). Seriously, WTF were our management thinking when they commissioned that piece of junk?

Now that I have seen an actual pic of it and had time to compare it to the Tigers new one, Ive got to say that we have the worst jersey in the comp for 2011. What makes it even worse is that due to the NRLs jersey rules we are now stuck with that monstrosity for the next 3 years.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Happy with our jersey. It's a classic so no major changes would ever happen but the new sponsors logo fits in better, love that it's slightly see through.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Happy with our jersey. It's a classic so no major changes would ever happen but the new sponsors logo fits in better, love that it's slightly see through.

T2-Dayga-Mens_Mesh_Shirt.jpg

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Souths really do the have best merch in the game. You can tell that Crowe atually spends time trying to integrate things like the sponsors into the jersey/etc as best as possible.

If other clubs had Star City as their sponsor they’d have a big white block with a multi coloured Star City logo on it and the website for it underneath…

Honestly I’d like to see him help the commission set some guidelines on sponsor integration on the jerseys but it’ll never happen.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dude, most clubs intergrate the sponsorship these days, including your own club.

As for the Souths' Star City sponsorship... well - I'm not sold. To most Sydneysiders that might be obvious but for branding purposes outside Sydney, not having the words "Star City" appear is criminal in terms of marketing.

Lockyer4President!

First Grade
Dude, most clubs intergrate the sponsorship these days, including your own club.

As for the Souths' Star City sponsorship... well - I'm not sold. To most Sydneysiders that might be obvious but for branding purposes outside Sydney, not having the words "Star City" appear is criminal in terms of marketing.

Well if NRMA was sponsoring Souths I’d imagine that they’d only have the letters NRMA on their jersey, instead of the complete logo like the Broncos have. It’s just little things they do better than most of the rest.

macavity

Referee
can someone post the souths jersey sourced from somewhere other than a social networking site? it gets blocked for me....

MatthewA

Juniors
Do rabbitohs fans ever get sick of the worlds biggest wanker flogging off the club to different celebrities who couldn't give two flying f**ks?

BunniesMan

Immortal
Do rabbitohs fans ever get sick of the worlds biggest wanker flogging off the club to different celebrities who couldn't give two flying f**ks?
If you can't see why that's great marketing for the club and the NRL, you're an idiot.

axl rose

Bench
Souths really do the have best merch in the game. You can tell that Crowe atually spends time trying to integrate things like the sponsors into the jersey/etc as best as possible.

If other clubs had Star City as their sponsor they’d have a big white block with a multi coloured Star City logo on it and the website for it underneath…

Honestly I’d like to see him help the commission set some guidelines on sponsor integration on the jerseys but it’ll never happen.

Very good point. Mainly just sleeve and back sponsors that need some guidelines. Parras heritage jerseys looked great last year will all the sponsors integrated front and back.