What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

nqcowboy87

Bench
2011away.png

this is similiar to the "supposed" 80's week jersey the sharks wore back in 04

KimmorleyB4082833_352341_p.jpg

cleary89

Coach
Why don't sharks play with the members jersey as the normal one, names and all?

Would be pretty awesome to have your name on the jersey they play in every week.

zman

Juniors
ofcourse its all about money but it is necessary for survival of a club too. Jersey sales go a long way towards the clubs making money. Look at the English premier league for example they change the jerseys every year so i wouldnt be complaining about NRL jerseys.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
One day I'll get myself a Warriors jersey, surely they'll win the premiership the year I do! Big fan of the Blue/Green Retro jerseys, might have to be one of those.

_Johnsy

Referee
I am baffled as to why the Raiders need an alternate jersey at all, how many other jerseys clash with this little lime green number?

1571003300254000.jpg

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I am baffled as to why the Raiders need an alternate jersey at all, how many other jerseys clash with this little lime green number?

1571003300254000.jpg
Only Souths. Don't get me started on our alternate strips. This season we played souths at Canberra and wore some black monstrosity. I have to say that at the backend of the season we did wear the green for all our matches home and away (that I can remember). Clubs should have an alternate strip, not an away strip, but only wear them when they are away and there is a jersey clash. Hard core fans will still buy an alternate strip.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
To be fair Canberra were the side that wore their alternate strip the least and used it in the exact way you suggest. I think it was like 2 or 3 games tops they wore it in, and the only other game their jersey changed for was the R20 Brain Injury Awareness blue and white jersey v Sharks.

Johnsy, every club must have an alternate strip, it's part of the regulations the NRL set down.

_Johnsy

Referee
Timmah

I understand that every club must have one. The only plausable reason is for the NRL & club to make a few extra $$$

Always green

IMO Canberra’s jersey does not clash with anyones (if anyone is visually impaired then maybe). I just dont see how they clash.

Canberra Souths

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Timmah

I understand that every club must have one. The only plausable reason is for the NRL & club to make a few extra $$$

Always green

IMO Canberra’s jersey does not clash with anyones (if anyone is visually impaired then maybe). I just dont see how they clash.

Canberra Souths
Yeah side by side their OK but I think it might be an issue when you put them together against the green of the field, television wise. I personally don't have a problem with the clash.

Frailty

First Grade
I am annoyed that Souths seem to have free licence to have virtually the same jersey as an alternate (A small amount of black or white does not make it 'alternate')