What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2011 NSW Cup

RL Tragic

Juniors
It is amazing that St George and NSWRL did not get together and make the Steelers happen now. Just yesterday the Swans announced their Academy to be run at Macquarie Uni in Sydney and other venues on the Central Coast and Wollongong. Not sure if the League realises the long term effect of this in the Gong but they had the chance to resurrect the Steelers and choose not to bother.

LeagueInsider

Juniors
mate the league did try to 'make' that happen but the Dragons didn't come to the party. The league can't force teams to affiliate with certain clubs otherwise the Raiders WOULD be with Shellharbour or Goulburn in 2011. I know there is this "ANTI' NSWRL thing on here all the time but they actually don't do a bad job for the most part. How bout throwing some responsibility back to the clubs?? How can last years Premiers and potential WCC Winners have no cash??? Thats what I would want to know if I were a Dragons/Steelers fan.

adamkungl

Immortal
I find it funny that Cronulla can stump up the cash for a standalone NSW Cup side, but you have a one town team like the Raiders claiming it isn't financially viable for them and putting sh*t on the NSWRL, and the current premiers not able to field a side or even organise a feeder deal. Pissweak.

It's not that we didn't try and organise a feeder deal, our problem was that no-one else was willing to come to a deal involving them putting up part of the money for the team. I guarantee those sides we approached won't see a player from the fringe squad for this season's Carlton League.

nqcowboy87

Bench
St. George hasn't won a first grade premiership since 1979.

Although if you were talking about the St. George ILLAWARRA Dragons, then you must wake up and see that team is a partnership between St. George and Illawarra and often the Illawarra side gets the worse treatment of that merger, although i do recongise the efforts from the club to try and make it more 50/50.

are you thick i was talking about stg illawarra not st george. and i was saying that the illawarra side gets dudded the most i mean up till a couple of years ago their main and alternate jerseys where both st george designs with no hint apart from the illwara on the logo of them being another team

RL Tragic

Juniors
An 11 team competition for the NSW Cup is such a disappointment. When will clubs realise that by weakening our 2nd tier competitions it is to the deteriment of Rugby League in the future? Whilst the NYC is a good stepping stone our future NRL players in particular forwards come from these 2nd tier competitions.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Very disappointing, need to merge the QLD and NSW Cups so all NRL teams have a feeder club relationship. Even if NSW is only represented by three or four clubs (Nth Syd, Newtown, Balmain and Wests Maggies) - so be it.

BDGS

Bench
NSW Cup Trials

Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers Vs Wentworthville Magpies
Sat 19th, Campbelltown Stadium
Click here to purchase tickets

Western Suburbs Magpies Vs Mounties
Sat 19th, Campbelltown Stadium
Click here to purchase tickets

Newtown Jets Vs Manly (NYC)
Sat 19th, Henson Park, 5pm
Tickets at the gate

Central Coast Centurions Vs Windsor Wolves
Sun 20th, Lyall Peacock Field, Toronto, 6pm
Tickets at the gate

Cronulla Sharks Vs North Sydney Bears
Sun 20th, Erskinville Oval, 6pm
Tickets at the gate

BDGS

Bench
NSW Cup & Bundaberg Red Cup Trials

Wentworthville Magpies (BRC) Vs Windsor Wolves (BRC)
Fri 25th, Ringrose Park, 7pm
Tickets at the gate

North Sydney Bears Vs Sydney Bulls (BRC)
Sat 26th, TG Milner, 3pm
Tickets at the gate

Windsor Wolves Vs Wentworthville Magpies
Sat 26th, Centrebet Stadium, 3.45pm
FREE entry for Penrith and Parramatta members otherwise tickets at the gate

Cabramatta Vs Mounties
Sat 26th, New Era Stadium, games from 4.30pm
Tickets at the gate

Western Suburbs Magpies Vs Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Sat 26th, Leichhardt Oval, 8pm
Tickets at the gate

Newtown Jets Vs Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers
Sun 27th, Henson Park, 5pm
Tickets at the gate

Central Coast Centurions Vs Wests Rosellas (Newcastle)
Sun 27th, Tomaree Sports Ground, Nelson Bay, 4pm
Tickets at the gate

http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.asp...33741&title=wheres-the-action-at-this-weekend

Last edited:

mono_mal

Juniors
The Balmain Tigers won on the buzzer yesterday at Henson Park, scoring a field goal in the dying seconds to clinch a 19-18 victory. The Jets fought back from behind to draw the scores at 18 all with limited time remaining and missed an attempt at field goal with their last touch of the ball.

Jesbass

First Grade
Apologies for the ignorance, but how many matches are there in the season? With 11 teams, is that 20 regular season matches for each team?

RL Tragic

Juniors
There is 25 Rounds...2 Byes, each play each team twice plus groupings play each other 3 times Canterbury/Tigers/Norths/Bye and Wentworthville/Auckland/Central Coast/Windsor and Newtown/Manly/Wests/Cronulla. After 3 rounds the standard of the competition looks stronger than in previous years. The Game of the Round this week looks like a real cracker Undefeated Canterbury vs Improving Cronulla at Toyota Stadium 3pm Saturday.