What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012 NSW soo side..

timka4

Bench
When Josh Morris started, he was alright in that game. Definitely better than what B Morris has put together.

Haffa

Perhaps, but we'd still be looking at Pearce at Halfback and either Soward/Campese/Mullen and perhaps based on '10 form Carney. If Todd wasn't such an idiot he'd have played 6 last year.

D

Deleted member 10972

Judging by the 'incumbent' policy regarding the ANZAC Test, NSW would have the framework of:

3. *Lawrence - City
5. Uate
8. Gallen
10. *Galloway - City
11. Lewis
12. *Scott - Country
13. *Stewart

14. **Gidley
15. Watmough
16. *Williams
17. Tamou

*Glenn Stewart, Chris Lawrence, Beau Scott, Keith Galloway and Tony Williams will find their way into the mix, who were Four Nations incumbents. Williams and Stewart only missed out on CvC selection because of injury

**Gidley will somehow be picked in there too.

That would leave Learoyd-Lahrs as the unlucky forward who misses out (I rate him above Tamou and to be honest TLL should have played for AUS in the ANZAC Test). Jennings and Josh Morris will fight for the other centre spot. Farah Ennis and Hinchcliffe will push for the hooker spot (if Buderus gets picked the NSW selectors are more braindead then I expected). Fullback and wing spots are up for grabs, so are halves.

perverse

Referee
Farah Ennis and Hinchcliffe will push for the hooker spot (if Buderus gets picked the NSW selectors are more braindead then I expected).
lol, you had best prepare for massive disappointment. he's already penciled, put the house on it.

timka4

Bench
Mannah will be selected before Galloway, Tamou will only get selected if he has a 'good' game for Australia and I don't think Glenn Stewart will be selected either, Ricky won't leave out Bird and so he shouldn't. Bird has been much greater for NSW then Stewart

Big Pete

Referee
Pretty much :(

If they picked a side for the future in 08/09 and stuck with it then they'd be in a better spot now where players in important positions have no consistent experience.

2009 was definitely the year.

It was off to a terrible start naming Kidley as captain. The guy had barely any experience in that role and his career in Origin was very mediocre, a 15-20 minute spell in Game 3 2008 was about all he could crow about. The appointment put the selectors in a difficult place as they couldn't drop the captain as freely as they would have like and eventually it ended in embarrassment when they made him captain off the bench and then share it with an over-the-hill Barrett.

Speaking of, his selection will be remembered as one of the dumbest in Origin history. That's no slight at Barrett who honestly played as well as he could have when he made the side, there's just no way he should have been selected over Campese who was just beginning to make waves with Canberra and should have been persisted with after just one quiet game on debut.

And that was just one of just a handful. How about Josh Morris on the bench? Or ending up with Kimmorley at halfback and 30 different players being involved in the series? It was just plain silly.

In fairness to NSW in 2008, they really didn't have a lot to go with away from the roster they had. Granted, there were some dumb selections but injuries and suspensions weren't kind to them that year. In hindsight, maybe they should have given a couple of Manly players a go. While nobody was saying it at the time, Orford was probably the best halfback available and it's sort of crazy to think the likes of Kidley, Wallace & Pearce were considered before him.

Then there was Kite who had never performed in Origin but was probably the best prop available for them, Watmough who was on some exile despite being up there with SBW as one of the best second rows in the competition along with G. Stewart who had really excelled the previous year.

Their absence coupled with injuries to Farah, Bailey, Gasnier & Bird really hurt them that year.

jbl31649

Juniors
NSW have never stuck with any policy.

That's why you fail.

Its not a policy more so, then I plan.

How does an enemy know what where doing or planning, we we don't.

And we have stuck with this plan for a very long time. And it has work for us, consistantly not winning, but hay least we finished second for the last 6 years.

timka4

Bench
Referring to the discussion of hooker, I think if Hinchcliffe has a big game this week in CvC he is a real shot at playing hooker for NSW.
I just hope they don't do what they did with gidley and Ennis, by subbing Ennis off at the 25 minute mark and bringing him back out for the last 20-25 (from memory).
I'd prefer Hinch play a solid session and bring Gidley on in the last 20-25 (we all know Gids will be playing hooker).

I see a lot of the old Buderus in Hinchcliffe, just my opinion.

Misanthrope

Staff member
1. Anthony Minichiello
2. Luke Lewis
3. Matt King
4. Timana Tahu
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Braith Anasta
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Brent Kite
9. Danny Buderus
10. Jason Ryles
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dean Young

14. Kurt Gidley (c)
15. Jason King
16. Justin Poore
17. Anthony Tupou

All have experience, would be pretty difficult to stop.

I actually don't hate a lot of this team. Mini has certainly been solid this year, but Quinn and King should be nowhere near a rep side. I'd flinch at wasting Lewis on a wing too.

Anasta should be nowhere near the side and I don't know if I want powderpuffs like Tupou, King, or Kite near the NSW side ever again.

I'm sure your post was not intended as honest, but there are a few veterans who I certainly wouldn't mind seeing in there. Mini, Tahu, Hindmarsh, and Young would certainly work their asses off.

Tweed Titan

Bench
Um, have you actually watched any footy this year?

I've watched them in sky blue, and that was more than enough to put the red cross through their names for good.

Are we talking about the same J Morris who was playing NSW Cup last year?

The fact that they did OK in a couple of games this year doesn't change the fact neither are cut out for this level.

RABK

Referee
I actually don't hate a lot of this team. Mini has certainly been solid this year, but Quinn and King should be nowhere near a rep side. I'd flinch at wasting Lewis on a wing too.

Anasta should be nowhere near the side and I don't know if I want powderpuffs like Tupou, King, or Kite near the NSW side ever again.

I'm sure your post was not intended as honest, but there are a few veterans who I certainly wouldn't mind seeing in there. Mini, Tahu, Hindmarsh, and Young would certainly work their asses off.

:lol:

Pete was naming a joke side.

j0nesy

Bench
Any thoughts on a fit Williams as one of the centres? Or do people consider him more of a bench/utility reserve?

Jennings and J Morris centres.
I don't care how many injuries we have B Morris does NOT deserve another chance after all the games he's played and done f**k all.

timka4

Bench
I wouldn't put Williams in the centres. He has become a whole new player since playing consistently in the backrow.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I've watched them in sky blue, and that was more than enough to put the red cross through their names for good.

Are we talking about the same J Morris who was playing NSW Cup last year?

The fact that they did OK in a couple of games this year doesn't change the fact neither are cut out for this level.

Brett Morris has been more than just OK this year mate, he has been outstanding. Can he translate that to SOO? Who knows but I think he deserves consideration given the lack of options we have in the outside backs due to injuries etc

As for Josh, well he has been in pretty good form too and is in the same boat really re: lack of options.

Plenty of players have had a crap few SOO games then come good later on. Hodges and Slater are 2 that come to mind.

Dragon2010

First Grade
Campese out for season. At least he's a no chance for NSW now. I think it's pretty much either Carney or Soward.

Williams can come in for G2 and G3 I'm hesitant to play him for G1 because it will be his first game back, don't know if his match fitness will be there.

Jennings left center (Don't play this dangerous player out of position, let him do his thing where he is comfortable. As much as it pains me I think the right centre will be JMoz, Lawrence or *gulp* King. I have to give credit although Gaz was nothing spectacular last year he was a better option then bloody king!

chrisD

Coach
B.Morris form is overrated, J.Morris has been much more dangerous this season, he and Jennings have been the best two centres in the competition. Much like Hayne at 1 and Carney at 6, it's not really complicated.