What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

beagle

Juniors
Parramatta 2013 Member's Women in League jersey

picture.php

GAZF

First Grade
And wha tabout the fans that DO ENJOY some of these variations?

Once again I am going to be on the clubs side here and say that really the Home and Away jerseys for most clubs are fine. And if the game and clubs want to do charity, pink or event jerseys to wear for those games then so be it. These jerseys sell and fans like them.

You put the wrong words in caps, I think you meant to do so the the word "some". This should be put to a poll.

Parramatta 2013 Member's Women in League jersey

picture.php

What? A restrained WiL jersey that wont be onfield? Get outta here!

Perth Red

Post Whore
I wear polo's much more than actual team jersey's so from a buying point of view polo designs are of more interest to me. Just got the dark blue and gold Storm premiers one and it is brilliant. So wish the WC Pirates would use the same old gold colour in our gear.

100%green

Juniors
You put the wrong words in caps, I think you meant to do so the the word "some". This should be put to a poll.

No I didn't, but I did have a brain fart with spelling.

What will a poll solve? A few fans on a forum who don't like it vs those that do and pay the $$$$

They sell, I have worked in the industry and they make money, get PR and mostly fans do like them.

I am one of those fans, just as you have a opinion on keeping the amount and design to a minimum there are fans who like to varied designs.

GAZF

First Grade
No I didn't, but I did have a brain fart with spelling.

What will a poll solve? A few fans on a forum who don't like it vs those that do and pay the $$$$

They sell, I have worked in the industry and they make money, get PR and mostly fans do like them.

I am one of those fans, just as you have a opinion on keeping the amount and design to a minimum there are fans who like to varied designs.

And likewise, you can't discount the opinions of people here. Wouldn't a forum full of rugby league fans have a greater variation in opinion compared to people purchasing jerseys because they like them?

Its not just the number of jerseys that teams are trotting out, its also the quality of them. I find it hard to believe that fans were screaming out for basket weaves, flaming V's and RoboCop torsos. Go have a look on the Warriors forums for a general consensus, you'll find that its far from 100% positive.

some11

Referee
They're just training jerseys (extremely tacky ones), I'd only be worried if they made their way onto our TV screens.

ShaneO85

Juniors
i have no major drama with clubs doing anything they like with training gear or even the u20s if they like.

I'm sure the flames, ice and terminator will sell well.

The main thing is that the regular home and away/alternate jerseys aren't too over the top like the NZ ones. for a one off use or just for a fan as a fashion thing i think the warriors have done okay. Just for the love of god don't let those things ever be a regular jersey.

As for the storm/batman, dogs/star wars, dogs/avatar jerseys i'm all for them. they are the once a year fashion statements the clubs can make to earn some extra dollars. (the storm/batman is the first team other than Broncos jersey that i have considered buying)

The NBA do a heap of 'Fashion' Jerseys but keep their playing strips nice and traditional. i think that is the avenue the NRL should take also.

beagle

Juniors

What? A restrained WiL jersey that wont be onfield? Get outta here!

It will be worn onfield during WIL round. When it says members jersey, it is to have the names of each renewing female member on the jersey.

Fire

First Grade
Anyone know if the refs are going to f**k the pink shirts off. They fair dinkum have to go this year.

Trentosaurus

Juniors
If by "homage" you mean "completely wreck a past design" then I totally get it, I don't have to like it.
Sorry but some of your past criticisms of heritage jerseys have been very nit picky. I don't disagree with you but short of teams running out in exact replicas, I can't see you being happy with any of the heritage designs.

GAZF

First Grade
Sorry but some of your past criticisms of heritage jerseys have been very nit picky. I don't disagree with you but short of teams running out in exact replicas, I can't see you being happy with any of the heritage designs.

Just this year...

Cowboys, Dragons (Steelers), Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Storm (minus the square sponsor) and Tigers (both) did a great job.

Sharks, Broncos and Dragons (butcher stripes) were ok, would upgrade with a few tweaks.

Whoever did the Bulldogs and Knights needs to look at the originals they're basing the designs on again.

Of the other teams

Sea-Eagles haven't really done them, the runoured one would be great.

Titans should use the original colours with the Seagulls design and tell adidas to f**k off with their templates

Raiders nailed it in 2008 and then used it as their main for 3 years, would like to see the Video Ezy version next.

The Warriors are the one team that screw it up year after year.

I'm not entirely unreasonable, exact replicas aren't a realistic representation with modern cuts and materials, maintaining the integrity of a design is realistic.

Matty_C

Juniors
Just this year...

Cowboys, Dragons (Steelers), Eels, Panthers, Rabbitohs, Roosters, Storm (minus the square sponsor) and Tigers (both) did a great job.

Sharks, Broncos and Dragons (butcher stripes) were ok, would upgrade with a few tweaks.

Whoever did the Bulldogs and Knights needs to look at the originals they're basing the designs on again.

Of the other teams

Sea-Eagles haven't really done them, the runoured one would be great.

Titans should use the original colours with the Seagulls design and tell adidas to f**k off with their templates

Raiders nailed it in 2008 and then used it as their main for 3 years, would like to see the Video Ezy version next.

The Warriors are the one team that screw it up year after year.

I'm not entirely unreasonable, exact replicas aren't a realistic representation with modern cuts and materials, maintaining the integrity of a design is realistic.

The sharks jersey is awesome, bringing back the heritage jersey! And I am liking the membership jersey! Looks like the sharks jersey episode going to be heritage jersey!

GAZF

First Grade
The sharks jersey is awesome, bringing back the heritage jersey! And I am liking the membership jersey! Looks like the sharks jersey episode going to be heritage jersey!

The Sharks jersey is not quite there as a heritage jersey. The stripes are too wide and the blue is off, need to eliminate the side panels as well.

Sharks_Heritage_Jersey-500x500.jpg

Sharks-med.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.