What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish

Referee
Yep and it sure is getting crazy up in here.

In other jersey news I noticed Rebel's outlet store had a whole mess of A league jerseys selling for half price alongside similarly discounted league, union and cricket jerseys.

I expect a double page expose by Rothfield tomorrow, regardless of the fact its a factory outlet store.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
21754_425395857514760_53560830_n.jpg

Ah, so it looks like Warrior/Canterbury are going for a Superhero style campaign for the new jerseys (for those that don't know "Mt Smart Joker" is that supporter that always wears Dark-Knight style Joker makeup).

Awesome :lol:

GAZF

First Grade
I've got the 1990 one and wear it to most games. I'd buy the 94 one if it had short sleeves.

Ah, so it looks like Warrior/Canterbury are going for a Superhero style campaign for the new jerseys (for those that don't know "Mt Smart Joker" is that supporter that always wears Dark-Knight style Joker makeup).

He's constantly being retweeted by the Warriors and seems to be everywhere. I know they sponsored for him to come over to the grand final and the GF footy show and there were pics of him in full make up. Bit gay really...

@TheMtSmartJoker

A7ENCbWCEAA8ju3.jpg:large

mn_tibor

Juniors
He's constantly being retweeted by the Warriors and seems to be everywhere. I know they sponsored for him to come over to the grand final and the GF footy show and there were pics of him in full make up. Bit gay really...

@TheMtSmartJoker

A7ENCbWCEAA8ju3.jpg:large

Interesting to see that the U20 comp logo made it on to the jersey. I guess since most U20 jerseys aren't for retail there is no issue with the design being finalised too late for production.

mn_tibor

Juniors
21754_425395857514760_53560830_n.jpg

Explains the absence of the white jersey from the previous photos as I assume Dane Neilsen is still in transition somewhere.

elevenstraight

Juniors
Just looking at the Warriors "Ice" jersey, would love to see the Dragons with CCC next year. The red V would look awesome if it were the exact same V (size, shape etc)

deanjrobinson

Juniors
Just looking at the Warriors "Ice" jersey, would love to see the Dragons with CCC next year. The red V would look awesome if it were the exact same V (size, shape etc)

I wouldn't even wish CCC upon teams that I hate at this point. It is one thing to get a single element 'correct', but that'll get forgotten pretty quickly if the rest of the jersey is total train-wreck.

Speaking of train-wrecks, I see that the Broncos are using that awful 25th anniversary logo on their training gear... just how awful? Do a google image search for "wreath", and you'll find the element they've used in their logo is the 3rd or 4th result - the design department didn't try very hard.

I'm a little worried that the logo is going to be on the on-field jerseys as well - although I can't find anything confirming or denying it either way.

Just a shame they haven't used their 25th anniversary to refresh their brand in a nicer way...

fortysevenrobots.com/nrl-jersey-concepts/brisbane-broncos.html#25-years-logo-concept

deanjrobinson

Juniors
Yep, these actually look really good:

And one for... old times sake:

Thinking behind this is that 2015 will 20 years since they used the diamonds originally, so would make reasonable sense to use it as a heritage design for that year ... and it was either that or a 'stunning' mauve and teal design (which I have actually mocked up, but chose not to upload)

mn_tibor

Juniors
The logo will definately be on all on-field jerseys. Here is the article (read it here) annoucing the logos from broncos.com.au

Broncos Launch Special Logos for 2013 Membership
Bronco Media
Thursday 16 August 2012 1:24 PM

THE NRMA Insurance Broncos have unveiled two new logos to celebrate the launch of the 2013 membership drive.

All Broncos jerseys will be badged with the special 25-year logo in place of the usual horse's head.

In addition, the Broncos have brought back the legendary kicking horse for the 2013 season.

To see our full range of membership options, click here.

The original Broncos logo from the debut season of 1988 featured a horse kicking up its heels.

That horse has been modernised and will be used as a secondary mark on merchandise next year.

"Our silver anniversary is obviously a big year for us and we want as many people as possible to join the party," said chief executive Paul White.

"We plan a range of activities during the year to celebrate just how far this club has come since its humble beginnings.

"My hope is that all fans get on and join the celebration with us as members in what is going to be a very special season."

There are a host of other extra initiatives planned for next year, including a commemorative jersey, a naming of a special team to celebrate the milestone, a painting, and a special dinner near the end of the season.

To see our full range of membership options, click here.

I don't mind it. Even so, it will only be around for one year so not much pain if you don't like it.

elevenstraight

Juniors
...and red shelves and what would they do with the St George Bank logo?

Would you also like red piping with your red v? I wouldn't.

Don't have to have red piping, could easily be white...... ditto the sleeves. Just because they (Warriors) have chosen a certain piping colour and chosen to have a different colour in the sleeves doesn't/wouldn't mean every other team has to. And as far as sponsorship goes, it would be no different to the way it is on the current Reebok jersey, which is shit house IMHO. The V is too narrow, done so specifically so Reebok could fit their brand into the middle. I can't wait until next year when they are f**ked off, haven't and will not own a Reebok jersey even if it means missing out on the 2013 heritage jersey....well maybe anyway

GAZF

First Grade
Don't have to have red piping, could easily be white...... ditto the sleeves. Just because they (Warriors) have chosen a certain piping colour and chosen to have a different colour in the sleeves doesn't/wouldn't mean every other team has to. And as far as sponsorship goes, it would be no different to the way it is on the current Reebok jersey, which is shit house IMHO. The V is too narrow, done so specifically so Reebok could fit their brand into the middle. I can't wait until next year when they are f**ked off, haven't and will not own a Reebok jersey even if it means missing out on the 2013 heritage jersey....well maybe anyway

If they use white piping it would either segment the V or the V wont continue onto the sleeves, look at how they do it with the Dogs. Reebok do an ordinary job but canterbury will do it worse.

Prometheus

Juniors
The V is too narrow, done so specifically so Reebok could fit their brand into the middle.

You don't know what you're talking about. The red V on the Reebok jerseys are exactly the same width as they were on the old Classic jerseys. I have both and just checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts