What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Jersey, Logo, Sponsorship Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Wouldn't be out of place in an 80's WWF event.

As far as colourful outlandish costumes are concerned, they'd probably be more suited to the 92/93 era of WWF!! :

moonvp4.jpg

High-Energy-Owen-Hart-Koko-B-Wrestling-Costume-Outfit-Wrestler1.jpeg

efi5wz.jpg

In fact, if they did a Max Moon jersey I'd probably make it my first ever Warriors jersey purchase :lol:

Desert Qlder

First Grade
If the NRL Commission is serious about the image of the game, and I believe it is after launching the new branding last week, then it simply has to put a stop to the jersey designs being put forward by clubs like the Warriors.

That is nothing more than a bloody pisstake.

I am optimistic about this happening, as the new branding demonstrated they were serious about getting professional look within the game. Unfortunately though individual clubs are still making disgraceful decisions regarding their uniforms, and the Warriors is a classic example.

I expect to see some pretty stringent guidelines put in place about uniforms and jerseys, and it would surprise me to see that all jerseys will need to be ratified by head office.

And frankly looking at the Warriors latest batch who could blame them for putting such a regulation in place.

Last edited:
The Warriors should go back to wearing blue. If the ARLC ever gets its shit together and expands appropriately there should be a second NZ team representing the rest of the country and that club should wear predominantly black. The Warriors should go back to blue and represent Auckland.

sheepbender

Juniors
It's obvious that the training jerseys are the same, but one with a fire effect & the other ice. And there's nothing wrong with teams going nuts on training jerseys, and nothing wrong with selling them. If people are stupid enough to buy them, then Canterbury & the Warriors av done good business..

I don't mind a bit of experimentation with away jerseys within reason as long as home jerseys maintain tradition..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The frustrating thing about what we saw from the reaction on the previous page is people thinking the Terminator, fire or ice jerseys are part of the onfield range.

The Terminator one is for the U20's only, the fire and ice ones are training shirts that might be seen in a paper once or twice a week tops.

Their jerseys will be the same main and alternate from 2012 (black with white/red vees, white with red/black vees), then the heritage (2002 patterned throwback) and Women in League (pink floral thing).

Everything else is surplus.

sheepbender

Juniors
The Warriors should go back to wearing blue. If the ARLC ever gets its shit together and expands appropriately there should be a second NZ team representing the rest of the country and that club should wear predominantly black. The Warriors should go back to blue and represent Auckland.

That doesn't make sense, the new team gets black forcing the Warriors to revert to Blue.. As is usually rumoured, Wellington is likely to be the next NZ team so would most likely be Yellow & Black. I agree the Warriors should wear blue but it's unlikely to happen..

GAZF

First Grade
If the NRL Commission is serious about the image of the game, and I believe it is after launching the new branding last week, then it simply has to put a stop to the jersey designs being put forward by clubs like the Warriors.

I am optimistic about this happening, as the new branding demonstrated they were serious about getting professional look within the game. Unfortunately though individual clubs are still making disgraceful decisions regarding their uniforms, and the Warriors is a classic example.

I expect to see some pretty stringent guidelines put in place about uniforms and jerseys, and it would surprise me to see that all jerseys will need to be ratified by head office.

And frankly looking at the Warriors latest batch who could blame them for putting such a regulation in place.

I really hope you're right.

It's obvious that the training jerseys are the same, but one with a fire effect & the other ice. And there's nothing wrong with teams going nuts on training jerseys, and nothing wrong with selling them. If people are stupid enough to buy them, then Canterbury & the Warriors av done good business..

I don't mind a bit of experimentation with away jerseys within reason as long as home jerseys maintain tradition..

Training jerseys and off-field merchandise is where companies should be able to do whatever they want.

Depends on how NZ expansion works out I guess. If a NZ team comes in to represent Wellington then there is greater advantage staying as the NZ Warriors.

The frustrating thing about what we saw from the reaction on the previous page is people thinking the Terminator, fire or ice jerseys are part of the onfield range.

The Terminator one is for the U20's only, the fire and ice ones are training shirts that might be seen in a paper once or twice a week tops.

Their jerseys will be the same main and alternate from 2012 (black with white/red vees, white with red/black vees), then the heritage (2002 patterned throwback) and Women in League (pink floral thing).

The flame training jerseys are in poor taste but the casual fan doesn't have to deal with them. The rest are all onfield jerseys and saying that the pink one is the least offensive of the new jerseys is saying A LOT.

That doesn't make sense, the new team gets black forcing the Warriors to revert to Blue.. As is usually rumoured, Wellington is likely to be the next NZ team so would most likely be Yellow & Black. I agree the Warriors should wear blue but it's unlikely to happen..
The Warriors are already an Auckland side. Having a second team from Wellington leaves the entire rest of the country unrepresented. Which would be stupid. Auckland v the rest. That makes the most sense.

DIMEAST

Juniors
The Warriors are already an Auckland side. Having a second team from Wellington leaves the entire rest of the country unrepresented. Which would be stupid. Auckland v the rest. That makes the most sense.

They've gotta be based somewhere I guess. Can't just be based in "the rest of NZ"

mn_tibor

Juniors

I'd be floored if the ARLC doesn't already have final approval on all on-field (at the very least) jerseys. There wouldn't be a governing body in the world surely that allows teams to do what they want.

GAZF

First Grade
I'd be floored if the ARLC doesn't already have final approval on all on-field (at the very least) jerseys. There wouldn't be a governing body in the world surely that allows teams to do what they want.

They do have final approval. What's required are more stringent design guidelines outside of logo placement. Proper enforcement of these guidelines is also essential.

Joker's Wild

Coach

Why are you frustrated mate?

The Terminator one is an on field jersey, you said it yourself its what the U20s will wear. Considering the Warriors U20 side get plenty of screen time on FOX, I can understand the concern for the image of our game given how god awful it looks.

They've gotta be based somewhere I guess. Can't just be based in "the rest of NZ"
The "New Zealand" Warriors manage. The point is, they need to wear colours representative of all of NZ and play games in a number of places like Wellington, Christchurch, Dunedin and maybe Hamilton etc. They can be based in Wellington without being a strictly Wellington side. In NZ there is a major deivide between Auckland and the rest and that should be taken advantage of.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
As far as colourful outlandish costumes are concerned, they'd probably be more suited to the 92/93 era of WWF!! :

moonvp4.jpg

High-Energy-Owen-Hart-Koko-B-Wrestling-Costume-Outfit-Wrestler1.jpeg

efi5wz.jpg

In fact, if they did a Max Moon jersey I'd probably make it my first ever Warriors jersey purchase :lol:

Gives me a headache looking at it. Turn those costumes down a bit boys!

Kok B Ware & Owen Hart - there's a Meme in that somewhere. What an ridiculous photo. Its crying out to have the pizz taken.

Last edited:

100%green

Juniors
And wha tabout the fans that DO ENJOY some of these variations?

Once again I am going to be on the clubs side here and say that really the Home and Away jerseys for most clubs are fine. And if the game and clubs want to do charity, pink or event jerseys to wear for those games then so be it. These jerseys sell and fans like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.