What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 QLD Origin Side

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Why would you break up the Melbourne spine? Inglis is a great fullback, but let's not forget he's broken the Queensland try scoring record, and played most of his great games at left centre.

I can see the benefits and drawbacks of both. Keep the Melbourne spine together and you risk Inglis not getting his hands on the ball enough, or put Inglis at fullback where he dominated in Game 3 last year, and has been killing it at club level and you risk wasting Slater on the wing.

For me though it is worth having Slater sit on the wing (or even sit this one out) as he is clearly fatigued and not at the peak of his game, and Inglis' form at fullback right now is just to good to ignore.

Big Pete

Referee
I haven't seen much of Gillett this season but surely Papali is better than Gillett

As a Broncos fan, I'd rather Papalii.

Matt played himself out of calculations last series and his form hasn't warranted a reconsideration. He's been the same Gillett really - runs well off of others, capable of the odd gem of a play, but simply not as good as he should be.

Josh has gone to another level this season and I believe his enthusiam off the bench may bring the Maroons some much needed intimidation off the bench.

Mind you, I'm also of the opinion that very few Broncos should play - as we need all the help we can get at club level...

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Papalii has a long career for Queensland ahead of him, and I yearn to watch him don the Maroon.

But unfortunately because of our depletion in the front row, Kennedy will be blooded. I just do not see them risking two debutantes in the opening clash, so Papalii will miss out this time.

In time though Papalii will become the bench enforcer of the Tonie Carroll mould, bringing intensity and starch to the field. Ideally he will make his debut at some point this season.

mongoose

Coach
As a Broncos fan, I'd rather Papalii.

Matt played himself out of calculations last series and his form hasn't warranted a reconsideration. He's been the same Gillett really - runs well off of others, capable of the odd gem of a play, but simply not as good as he should be.

Josh has gone to another level this season and I believe his enthusiam off the bench may bring the Maroons some much needed intimidation off the bench.

Mind you, I'm also of the opinion that very few Broncos should play - as we need all the help we can get at club level...

By no mean was i talking down Gillett, just that Papali is a weapon in defence and attack. Part of me would rather him not miss any games for the Raiders.

Dazzat

First Grade
It's looking like:

1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Chambers
6 Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Kennedy
15. Parker
16. Teo
17. McQueen

19. Papalli
20. Cherry-Evans

unbreaK

Juniors
It's looking like:

1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Chambers
6 Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Kennedy
15. Parker
16. Teo
17. McQueen

19. Papalli
20. Cherry-Evans

Really? All I've heard over the past 24 hours is Nielson and O'Neill, I pray for Chambers but, he's the best option we've got.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Didn't Blake Ferguson absolutely humiliate Justin O'Neill a couple of weeks ago. That's got to be an exciting potential match up for nsw.

Dazzat

First Grade
Didn't Blake Ferguson absolutely humiliate Justin O'Neill a couple of weeks ago. That's got to be an exciting potential match up for nsw.

I believe that was O'Neill's first game back from injury - about a month off.

Dazzat

First Grade
Really? All I've heard over the past 24 hours is Nielson and O'Neill, I pray for Chambers but, he's the best option we've got.

I meant Nielsen. I get mixed up between the Melbourne and former Melbourne plain vanilla centres.

Tommy Smith

Referee
No offense to McQueen and Te'o, but surely Papalii has to be in ahead of those two. He's a wrecking ball in the backrow. Great young player.

Joker's Wild

Coach
It's looking like:

1. Slater
2. Tate
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Chambers
6 Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Kennedy
15. Parker
16. Teo
17. McQueen

19. Papalli
20. Cherry-Evans

That is a very light bench

lockyno1

Post Whore
That is a very light bench

Still better than playing Jacob Lillyman! McQueen can play prop, so can Parker if needed. Similar rotation to NSW. One spare prop in Kennedy. Hannant to come in next game. Personally I would have gone with McGuire but I'd prefer him as the 18th man this game, and play him in Brisbane.

Latest posts