What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 QLD Origin Side

Shorty

Staff member
The difference between NSW and Queensland is that the roaches have tried to generate points through their forward pack. Queensland rely on their forwards to create the space for their halves and backs to weave their magic.

It is a completely different mindset.

With this in mind it is understandable why a NSWelshman would snigger at someone like J. Lillyman getting picked this year, yet us Queenslanders will know he will do his job in solid fashion as he always has. Our props have a very specific job, and it is very much a team effort with four large bodies required to get it done. I see no reason why Meninga won't rely on Lillyman again this year given Hannant's injury, and perhaps drafting M. Kennedy into the system.
No, they have the same belief but they keep picking halves that aren't capable of play making.
And they've done it again, shut down Farah and Hayne and they're toothless.

ek999

First Grade
Hard to read anything into it when both sides have a bye this week anyway

Does anyone know what time today they name their team?

Son of Minto

Bench
Journos on twitter reporting that Qld will name a 19 man squad. Papalii will be in the squad, O'Neill on standby for Boyd

Hench

Juniors
Justin O'Neil? :roll:

I don't understand the DCE selection. We should be picking another forward on the bench as it gives us an advantage over the Blues with Gidley.

I'm not a fan of Lillyman but if he's the next prop on the list then he's in. You don't replace an injured prop with a 2nd rower.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors

I don't understand the DCE selection. We should be picking another forward on the bench as it gives us an advantage over the Blues with Gidley.

I'm not a fan of Lillyman but if he's the next prop on the list then he's in. You don't replace an injured prop with a 2nd rower.

Didn't Cronk get put on report this weekend? If so wouldn't DCE be in the side as a backup for Cronk?

Son of Minto

Bench

DCE is 18th man

Slater
Boyd
Inglis
Hodges
Tate
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Shillington
Thaiday
Myles
Harrison
--
Teo
Gillett
Kennedy
Parker

That's apparently the team that triple m leaked.

unbreaK

Juniors
1) Inglis
2) Slater
3) Chambers
4) Hodges
5) Tate
6) Thurston
7) Cronk
8) Scott
9) Smith
10) Myles
11) Thaiday
12) Harrison
13) Parker

14) Shillington
15) Gillett
16) Te'o
17) Kennedy

I like my team better.

Dazzat

First Grade
Cronk/Shillo not charged

Wow that's a break from tradition. Usually the judiciary manages to suspend at least one key Queenslander before the first game.

Cronk ... grabbed a leg and followed the movement of the player as Proctor drove his torso down.

Shillington ... the attacking player fell into the tackle.

Dazzat

First Grade
1) Inglis
2) Slater
3) Chambers
4) Hodges
5) Tate
6) Thurston
7) Cronk
8) Scott
9) Smith
10) Myles
11) Thaiday
12) Harrison
13) Parker

14) Shillington
15) Gillett
16) Te'o
17) Kennedy

I like my team better.

Why would you break up the Melbourne spine? Inglis is a great fullback, but let's not forget he's broken the Queensland try scoring record, and played most of his great games at left centre.

Latest posts