What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 QLD Origin Side

Hench

Juniors
It always amuses me seeing people say Harrison might not make the side. It happens every year for about the last 5 years. The guy has been an integral part of the side and his combination on the left providing a link man between Thurston and Inglis/Boyd is criminally underrated.

I'm also glad Barba has had his troubles this year as I think picking him on the bench would be a mistake.

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd
3. Greg Inglis
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Jonathon Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matt Scott
9. Cameron Smith
10. David Shillington
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Ashley Harrison
13. Nate Myles

14. Ben Hannant
15. Josh McGuire
16. Ben Te'o
17. Matt Gillette

1. Ben Barba
2. Justin O'Neill
3. Will Chambers
4. Dane Neilsen
5. Dane Gagai
6. Scott Prince
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Sam Kasiano
9. Matt Ballin
10. Jacob Lillyman
11. Josh Papali
12. Corey Parker
13. Dallas Johnson

14. Shaun Berrigan
15. Martin Kennedy
16. Gavin Cooper
17. Dave Taylor

Last edited:

Tone83

Juniors
I think he'd be a nice 14, i think bowen should have been our 14 for the last decade and should be passing the torch to barba around now.

Nightward

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Parker

14. Harrison
15. Teo
16. McGuire
17. Hannant

This does look pretty good, and is about what I'd be expecting. I will say that Sam needs to get his act together; he does go ballistic at Origin level but his club form and efforts last night have been lacking.

Nevcost

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (C)
10. Myles
11. Harrison
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillette
15. Te'o
16. Hannant
17. Shillington

18. Lillyman

I reckon this will be the team, I don't think McGuire will get a run because his form hasn't been as good as in previous seasons and I expect the selectors to play it safe. I also think shillo will be on the bench because he is coming back from injury. I wouldn't be surprised if Myles plays in the front row given he's playing there for the Titans and doing quite well.

Last edited:

Maroon4life

Juniors
1. Slater
2. Tate / O'Neill
3. Hodges
4. Inglis
5. Boyd
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Thaiday
11. Myles
12. Harrison
13. Parker

14. Shillington
15. Hannant
16. Taylor
17. Cherry-Evans

Can't see it being anything but this, barring a massive lapse in form and/or injury.

Dave Taylor won't get anywhere near the side & nor should he. Biggest myth in in the NRL.

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Hannant
11. Myles
12. Thaiday
13. Harrison

14. Shillington
15. Te'o
16. Parker
17. DCE

I'm not a huge fan of putting #7's on the bench & while DCE isnt the same sort of player as Cronk is, i think he could be used in the similar model. I also think it's time for DCE to get used to the origin side not only for impending retirements but in case of any injuries to Cronk or Thurston in future origins.

BranVan3000

Coach
Who will get a shot with Harrison injured?

Papalii, Lilyman, Kennedy, McGuire, McQueen or maybe introduce DCE to the squad?

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Being a Blues supporter, I'd be afraid of this team:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Hannant
11. Parker
12. Thaiday
13. Myles

14. Gillett
15. Te'o
16. Shillington
17. McGuire

isaiah

Bench
Brenton Lawrence is a chance now - his form has been awesome this year!

he's not listed as eligible on the qrl website, but that doesn't mean much. he was at the gold coast, did he play for burleigh or tweed in the q cup before that? at 28 he might be a little old to be a debutant.

watatank

Coach
Brenton Lawrence junior club listed as some club from South Australia...he went to Erindale College (Canberra) so that would suggest NSW

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench

Papalii, Lilyman, Kennedy, McGuire, McQueen or maybe introduce DCE to the squad?

Papalii is injured as well.....

Not sure about McGuire's fitness......

Maybe Taylor has the door opened for him?

lockyno1

Post Whore

Would not be against Dallas Johnson, never lets QLD down and you know what you get from Dallas. More likely, Parker to start and I think McQueen will get the bench spot.

Mig2006

Juniors
he's not listed as eligible on the qrl website, but that doesn't mean much. he was at the gold coast, did he play for burleigh or tweed in the q cup before that? at 28 he might be a little old to be a debutant.

You're never too old to debut if your form warrants it. I just saw that he was born in Mackay - that's why I suggested him. If he isn't eligible then that's a shame but McGuire should be back to full fitness by then - if Griffin plays him for more than 30 minutes which he should now that Hannant is out for a month...