What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 QLD Origin Side

Dazzat

First Grade
Scott and Shillington to start. Josh Maguire and Martin Kennedy on the bench.

I like it.

DeeJ

Bench
Just a thought, Myles could play front row while Hannant is out. He has been starting there all year for the titans and we can cover his place in the backrow.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Just a thought, Myles could play front row while Hannant is out. He has been starting there all year for the titans and we can cover his place in the backrow.

Not in Origin, Thaiday CAN at a pinch too, but I rather a genuine prop. Please no Lillyman, he tries hard but he is always good for 3 errors a game!

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
We do have a bit of a crisis in our pack this year; Civo retired, Hannant out, McG battling with injury. Scott and Shillo are great players but I dunno if they can cope with any extra workload.

Hala for 18th man? Maybe a bit too early for the kid.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We do have a bit of a crisis in our pack this year; Civo retired, Hannant out, McG battling with injury. Scott and Shillo are great players but I dunno if they can cope with any extra workload.

Hala for 18th man? Maybe a bit too early for the kid.

It is why I expect to see McGuire in the team, not that on form he deserves it to be dead honest. I like the look of Lowe for Souths too, could be a bolter as the 4th prop. Would rather have a 4 prop rotation with Thaiday/Myles/Harrisson in the backrow, with Parker on the bench.

Nevcost

Juniors
I reckon it will be Lillyman on the bench we've got 2 games in sydney I don't really expect Mal to want to put too many players on their debut into the side

unbreaK

Juniors
Hypothetically if Hodges wasn't able to play in game 1 what would do for the right side attack?

Chambers / Tate?
Tate / O'Neill?
Nielson / Tate?
Tate / Barba?

some11

Referee
I can see Hodges playing maybe 1 game this series, Mal would definitely have a backup plan.

Nielsen is injured so Chambers, Gagai and O'Neill would be in the frame.

Last edited:

Mr Fourex

Bench
How's Gagai's form been since his injury....?

Personally I don't mind Chambers.....the potential is there.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Not great. O'Neil has been atrocious as well.

Chambers is the man.

Certainly is. Crucially he is a right centre for Melbourne so would slot in nicely should Hodges not be fit.

He is a product of Bellamy's defensive schooling and has proven that he can find the break, take the Anzac game wonder-try for example.

Couple all that with the fact he would be playing with teammates so he find comfort there.

Nevcost

Juniors
Would probably go Chambers as well if Hodges is unfit, Nielsen still isn't playing and I think Chambers would slot nicely into the centres beside Inglis like he did when they were playing at the storm

Bretto

Bench
It has to be said... GI to Fullback? I know that invariably we will ask, "Where does Slater play?". Well, I dunno. But, is GI, or is GI not, playing better football, and by a country mile, at Fullback than Slater is?

Latest posts