What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 memberships

Cumberland Throw

First Grade
Well done to panthers this year great effort

Shows if you put resources behind this it will bear fruit

Would like to see Nrl really ramping up the marketing now

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Well done to panthers this year great effort

Shows if you put resources behind this it will bear fruit

Would like to see Nrl really ramping up the marketing now

Nah, i think they should wait a few more weeks.

With a limited budget for advertising i imagine it would have a more profound effect to saturate various medias closer to the begining of the season.

The 9s comp will boost awareness of the new season being close and remind them to start planning the games they want to attend. From there the nrl can really start pushing membership deals.

This far out though, its not that an ad campaign wouldnt help, its just that it wont be as effective as it could be...

Card Shark

Immortal
I thought a significant part of the new TV deal (approx 20%?) was contra - basically free advertisement for promoting memberships & games etc.

Not a lot happening considering the $ involved.

Saint Doc

Coach
I thought a significant part of the new TV deal (approx 20%?) was contra - basically free advertisement for promoting memberships & games etc.

Seriously? I've seen heaps of advertising, especially during the cricket.

Do you watch cricket?

DC_fan

Coach
00059039-image.jpg

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news-display/Rabbitohs-Continue-to-Lead-the-Way-in-Membership/89692

The Panthers are already ahead of the total for last season

Kirky

Juniors

Don't know about other areas, but every second ad here in Canberra during the cricket has featured Ricky Stewart standing with awkwardly posed hands challenging people to become Raiders members.

Don't know about other areas, but every second ad here in Canberra during the cricket has featured Ricky Stewart standing with awkwardly posed hands challenging people to become Raiders members.

theres a total lack of buzz this year down here.

A. The team STUNK at the end of the season. were looking ike they would make finals, then they lost all their last 6, most of em at home by like 30 points a game.
B. The teams bets plauer is already leaving. the previous 2 best got sacked.
C. Ricky Stuart. Geez his last 3 proper NRL seasons have all had 10 game losing streaks.
D. Brumbies are on the upswing, made the final last year (shoulda won. choked)

they have been heavy on the ads, the prices are cheap.
but f**king hell you couldnt get less interested in a home town team than Canberra are in the Raiders atm

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

This is the point I was trying to make though.

They may have a huge budget to work with but it is still a finite amount. One ad 2 months away from the begining of the season will achieve less, and is therefore not as valuable to the ARLC, as one ad a week out from the season kick off.

If, by say the end of March, there has still been no use of the contra money then you can validly condemn that aspect of the organisation. But at this point, it is far safe to assume that they are saving their money for a more opportune time.

Last edited:

Frederick

Staff member
Could have sworn I posted these figures yesterday?

Could have sworn nobody gives a shit?

Seriously, what does it matter that someone else posts the figures? I'm thankful that dc fan posted them, because it means I don't have to bother navigating back however many pages to find it...it's right there on the last page

Lambretta

First Grade
Those membership numbers are really encouraging

Vs the same time last season

The Knights are down by a few but are basically line ball as are the Sharks

Of the other fifteen clubs
only the Raiders, Dragons and Tigers are down by more and the Dragons are fast making up ground on last years figures

Every other club is up on the same time last year

That's a great effort

Latest posts