What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Draw

Southern Shark

Juniors
Nine get the first choice of 48 games . then Fox pick the next 48 games, then club requests get put in then heritage. Women in League. Rivalry and whatever else is chosen. All that is left get Sunday 6:30 and Monday 7pm which is usually dominated by Sharks Raiders Manly and Penrith. Total corrupt farce. Eddie Obeid could draw up a fairer process.

Card Shark

Immortal
We have 4 Monday night games before round 13....f**kkkkkk u NRL

I don't mind some teams getting a lot more free to air over others, if they do rate well but I must say the inequality of Monday games is my biggest bugbear.

It was only a couple of years ago we had about 7 in the season & we will have similar again it seems. It's bullshit.

People made a big deal about how many the eagles got this year but sfa will be said about us getting a stack again.

DJShaksta

First Grade
@josh_massoud: @Cronulla_Sharks have also been dudded deluxe: four Monday night games in first 13 rounds.

Get fugged NRL.

Inferno

Coach
If memory serves no team was supposed to get more than 4 in a f**king season, and we have 4 in the first half? What a crock of shit.

Quigs

Immortal
Get with the program guys. In 2015 the NRL is holding a full review of the sustainability of all clubs within the league. Similar to what the AFL did a couple of years ago.

'Youse' remember the rugby league did something similar when they booted out Souffs. They set a criteria for all clubs. Now when a couple of the big boys didn't meet the criteria that was set, they simply changed the rules.

Sooooooooo back to the present. I wonder if one of the new criteria for the full sustainability will be focussed on crowds, membership and TV pulling ratings.

It is being written as we speak.

Maybe we should move to Perth, Adelaide, Central Queensland, Gosford, or the 2nd Brissie Team. Narhhhh lets just stick with the they can go and get farkkkkked attitude.

I am all for the Farkkkk Em option. Weeze got Lawyers and Money. (or we will have in 2015)

DJShaksta

First Grade
I hear ya Quigs.
We pull every second Monday game of the year, meanwhile 14th and 15th play on Sunday arvo.................

Eion

First Grade
With 3 kids mnf suits me for goin
g to games. So thanks nrl I get to go to more games... And fugg u too.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It's very difficult for me to make Monday games. I live an hour away from Shark Park and usually don't get home from work till 5:30.
Which means I'm not home from the game till near 11pm so that rules out taking the family.

Card Shark

Immortal
Well when I can only really get to 6 games a year normally & then they bung on so many Mondays, it really makes it hard to justify renewing the family membership. Especially after the ridiculous price hike for where I sit.

The draw is going to make intersesting reading - Ch 9 will shoot themselves in the foot with the same teams FTA games....then complain ratings are dropping.

The funny thing is , 3 of their favourites (Eels, Tigers & Dragons) were wooden spoon contenders last year. I bet these teams get 10 times as many FTA games combined than we do in the first 20 weeks.

SharkShocked

Bench
Posted this on SF.... as I'm not one that really cares about the day/time that games get played more so about how our draw works out in terms of teams we play and when.

So...

Teams we play twice

Warriors
Parra
Penrith
Roosters
Dragons
Manly
Cowboys
Tigers

Teams we play once

Broncos (A)
Storm (A)
Raiders (H)
Titans (H)
Souths (H)
Bulldogs (A)

Could have been worse in terms of those team break downs.

Round 20-26 .... only 2 games at home.

Will need to be in a good position coming in to this.

chewsta

First Grade
It sure does suck ass, but we all knew it was coming.
we just need to win now, its all we can do!