What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

Danish

Referee
Really?

I love it. I think it's a novel way to attract fans tbh - kids will love it, and provided they're available for sale will make an absolute killing for the clubs involved.

I think we take ourselves too seriously as a code sometimes.

How many of these jerseys to do actually expect clubs to sell? I would argue under 500 jerseys per team, probably well under, actually.

Name another code in the world that sells out its entire kit dozens of times per year across the league. It simply doesn't happen anywhere else.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Name another code in the world that sells out its entire kit dozens of times per year across the league. It simply doesn't happen anywhere else.

exactly.. and that's where i think cronulla have done the league proud..

they've stayed true to their team colours, and didn't let the corporate dollar sway them into selling out their club initials for a company logo..

16760.jpg

well in, cronulla..

well in...

Godz Illa

Coach
How many of these jerseys to do actually expect clubs to sell? I would argue under 500 jerseys per team, probably well under, actually.

Obviously none of those codes have children fans, this seems to be the only way to attract the kids!

It's a bullshit rationalisation. When clubs consider something as vital as their identity to be negotiable or even disposable, then they may find that soon enough fans return the favour

bileduct

Coach
LOL, we accept gambling and alcohol advertising to be part of our game but everyone cracks a shit about promotional jerseys.

Get a f**king grip.

ek999

First Grade
Yeah, the Bulldogs would never do anything like that...

0BaJx.png

I hope you aren't ever interested in a career in sarcasm detection.

On the jerseys themselves, they aren't my cup of tea. But the different jerseys seem to be the ones that sell the best. Our 9's jersey which I hated sold the fastest and our black one last year sold really well too so the demand for these jerseys is quite high

insert.pause

First Grade
I was originally critical of it, but it has at least been done well and I think it's something that will definitely resonate with kids, as a one off I can live with it.

insert.pause

First Grade
The star wars and avatar ones looked shithouse, the marvel set looks like some thought has at least gone into integrating the design.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
I was originally critical of it, but it has at least been done well and I think it's something that will definitely resonate with kids, as a one off I can live with it.

if they had integrated it with the teams colours i'd have no problem with it. the dragons and raiders ones sit fine, the rest dont -especially manly

the whole point of jerseys is being able to recognize the teams and building a brand up that way, not bastardising the clubs colours every second week for more $$

half the time casual observers have noidea which team is which. the warriors have a new jersey every week, teams are playing in colours they dont usually wear... i dont mind one offs if they still have some semblence of the team they supposedly represent

if the NRL think its ok they might as well change the NRL emblem every round or let teams change their nicknames each round

Latest posts