What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

gzerounian

Juniors
My predictions for the marvel jerseys...Wolverine jersey nearly spot on except wrong team.

I LOVE the Raiders Hulk jersey! Sponsor is integrated perfectly (like the manly community jersey). I think Melbourne and Souths wasted their opportunity to do a similar thing with their Supeman designs (Clarke Kent changing into Superman).

Also imagine how good it would look if the body underneath was skin coloured instead of green (maybe to promote Hercules the Movie). A lot of overweight men at the footy would love to purchase one.

It's a shame Newcastle are not involved with spiderman but they have had a few jerseys this year plus "Rise for Alex" round this week.

I wish George Rose played for the Raiders!

Daragons looks more like the Flash with the a yellow bolt of lightning missing.

How good would a captain america headgear look with the roosters jersey. Off hand I don't know if there is anyone who wears headgear for the roosters (Balin and Buhrer could do Wolverine ones)

23uy789.jpg

Last edited:

ek999

First Grade
Injured himself at training...

You can grab the jerseys here http://www.nrlshop.com/iscmarvelheroes/

Anyone know the reason why the Hulk pants are higher on the kids jersey, not an issue, just looks strange seeing them side by side. I can understand the top of the design changing on a couple due to the different collar but not the pants

shinobi

Juniors
Makes more sense for the raiders to be thor for the whole norse/viking connection. Melbourne storm couldve been storm that wouldve been cool!

dogslife

Coach
Go nuts, buy one for your kids. But any adults seen sporting these shouldn't be let in the gates

Zigwaa

Bench
Everyone saying these super hero jerseys are aimed at kids, the kid's ones cost $140.

That's Christmas and Birthday present combined territory for the average kid.

if they had integrated it with the teams colours i'd have no problem with it. the dragons and raiders ones sit fine, the rest dont -especially manly

The Roosters colours are red, white and blue. Only difference with the Cap America jersey is it is not Navy Blue, otherwise it is the right colour.:shock: Agree with you about the Manly one though.

Last edited:
Captain America.
a guy who was pumped full of steroids to beat the Nazi scurge.

AMEEERICAAAA
f**k YEAAAAH

Sharks should have got the Captain America Jersey

LeagueNut

First Grade
it shits me that the Raiders can't get a green jersey right, let alone having a mish-mash of one-offs (particularly commercial ones this year). We're already an unappealing club without compromising what could be a solid brand; it feels really cheap at the moment.
I'm not a Raiders fan at all but I completely get where you're coming from with this. The lime green is iconic and almost instantly reminds people of the glory days.

I've never understood why the Raiders are so keen to trot out there stupid white alternate jersey at every possible opportunity - the green shouldn't clash too often so bloody stick with it!

The Great Dane

First Grade
And I get the whole marketing angle of mass merchandising. But its getting to be a one way street. I haven't liked any Raiders jersey released since 2009 - not because I'm uncompromising with the design, but that I think everything we've put out is poorly executed. Haven't bought a Raiders jersey in 5 years as a result. I see other teams hitting it out of the park across all sports and it shits me that the Raiders can't get a green jersey right, let alone having a mish-mash of one-offs (particularly commercial ones this year). We're already an unappealing club without compromising what could be a solid brand; it feels really cheap at the moment.

What do you mean by poorly executed?

Personally the only complaints that I have about our recent jerseys are that the away jersey is majority white (it should be green, but if it can't be green then blue and gold should take center stage) and that sometimes when we do a special jersey we completely throw away anything that would identify the jersey as a Canberra raiders jersey, which sometimes I'll let slide if there's a good reason for it (such as in the case of the centenary jersey last year), but if it's just a women in league jersey or a Anzac jersey it really should incorporate Raiders design elements.

Personally I think that this Hulk jersey is the best special jersey we've ever done as it represents both our brand and Marvels brand in a very imaginative way that perfectly represents the Hulk without the need for us to throw the things in a jersey that represent the jersey as a Canberra Raiders jersey, and without the need to affect any of our sponsorship either.

All in all I think it's a bloody brilliant jersey and I bought four today, three as Christmas presents for some of my nephews and one for myself.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I'm not a Raiders fan at all but I completely get where you're coming from with this. The lime green is iconic and almost instantly reminds people of the glory days.

I've never understood why the Raiders are so keen to trot out there stupid white alternate jersey at every possible opportunity - the green shouldn't clash too often so bloody stick with it!

Though I too hate the white jersey, the Raiders need to keep as much blue and gold on the jerseys as possible otherwise they run the risk of pissing off the local fanbase even more, we can't afford to be given the 'Queanbeyan Raiders' moniker again.