What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

The reason as I understand it that the Steelers never used the Flame Tree was because Illawarra Leagues (who controlled the Illawarra CRL rep teams) would not give them permission to use it after the Steelers franchise undercut them to enter the NSWRL in '82. The Illawarra CRL rep teams still use the Flame Tree as their logo (as do many Illawarra rep teams in other sports).

LESStar58

Referee
True, but Rusty does have his motive to promote it - as do Fox

Rusty was bloody good in the film btw - watched the film for the first time the other night

You won't hear any argument from me there.

hate rusty but yes he was good as Jor-el. Mind you I watched it for Amy Adams. :)

Joker's Wild

Coach
Not sure if it's been posted yet.
$_3.JPG

Looks like the Red V could use some Stayfree

100%green

Juniors
Club Teamwear jerseys are between $50-$80 when purchasing for local teams. Have to be around there somewhere

No they are not around there somewhere. They are about $110 cost. Club teamwear is pretty much just the costs for the manufacture. Teams would have added layers like fees for clubs/NRL etc I would assume

King Ben

Juniors
If i remember correctly, the "Illawarra Flame" was actually one other original proposals for the Wollongong club (before they chose Steelers).

Aw man, the St. George-Illawarra Dragon Flames would've been a killer name.

When you consider the roosters are 3rd, and yet only had merchandise sales listed as a tad under $2 million in their annual report for 2013, there must be a f**king lot of money from merchandise sales going to everyone but the clubs.

I dare say that figure is the League Club's Merchandising sales, which is based on sales from the supporters shop, as the annual report you are mentioning is, I'd assume, that of Easts Leagues Club. The Leagues Club annual report does not include all the financials for the football club I think you will find.

Danish

Referee
I dare say that figure is the League Club's Merchandising sales, which is based on sales from the supporters shop, as the annual report you are mentioning is, I'd assume, that of Easts Leagues Club. The Leagues Club annual report does not include all the financials for the football club I think you will find.

Nope, the articles quoting the figure specifically state it is the Sydney Roosters, not easts leagues. That would have made sense though.

It mentions that we made a small profit in 2013 as a result of huge merchandise increases plus additional sponsorship, a rise in the standard NRL grant, and a couple other things. Merch is listed at just under $2 million for 2013.

Easts leagues doesn't actually sell roosters merchandise. The football club rents the retail space from the leagues club and runs it themselves. They actually had a falling out over the cost of the rent for a while and the football club moved the store elsewhere, only coming back to the leagues club location a couple years ago.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
does anyone know why penrith designed a nice looking jersey for their bathurst game, only not to bother wearing it?

Zigwaa

Bench
does anyone know why penrith designed a nice looking jersey for their bathurst game, only not to bother wearing it?

Respect for their on field brand maybe?

They wore it for training and promo for the game, it was a nod to the western division jersey of the region. Explained a few pages back

Nope, the articles quoting the figure specifically state it is the Sydney Roosters, not easts leagues. That would have made sense though.

It mentions that we made a small profit in 2013 as a result of huge merchandise increases plus additional sponsorship, a rise in the standard NRL grant, and a couple other things. Merch is listed at just under $2 million for 2013.

Easts leagues doesn't actually sell roosters merchandise. The football club rents the retail space from the leagues club and runs it themselves. They actually had a falling out over the cost of the rent for a while and the football club moved the store elsewhere, only coming back to the leagues club location a couple years ago.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Cheers. :)