What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 NRL Jersey and Sponsorship Discussion pt 2

I think Easts have been using the old Chook badge for a couple of years on their training wear. I can't see them going back to it on the jerseys unfortunately.

axl rose

Bench
If they actually do, i hope they go the "Souths route" and jjust use the black/white image on the jersey...'

Perfectly recognisable and just so simple.

Would be the way to go, especially considering how small jersey logos are these days. Cant even see most of them. Easts do a decent job otherwise will the look of thier jersey, great design, well integrated sponsors.

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Would be the way to go, especially considering how small jersey logos are these days. Cant even see most of them. Easts do a decent job otherwise will the look of thier jersey, great design, well integrated sponsors.

Not only are they small, the often blend into the jersey design; Cowboys are probably the worst at this....

Personally id like to see the template change slightly for all teams. Move the full logo to the shoulder/sleeve spot the sponsors use now.

Then, on the chest, use an extremely simple (Black/white only or something) derivative of the clubs logo (Souths do it with the Rabbit. Knights could just have the K, Manly could use just the Eagles head, some teams could use a letter, ect)

The, across the back/shoulders, if they wont put player names on the jerseys they could at least put the team name across there (like the NRL basketball singlets they did)

All of this would just be about improving the recognisablity of teams. wouldnt have to change much, but a few small things would really benefit....

axl rose

Bench
Not only are they small, the often blend into the jersey design; Cowboys are probably the worst at this....

Penrith last year as well. A little better this year but was better when they had the leaping Panther with the white background. So, you know, people could see it.

GAZF

First Grade
If they actually do, i hope they go the "Souths route" and jjust use the black/white image on the jersey...'

Perfectly recognisable and just so simple.

A single colour logo wouldn't work on the Roosters jersey, definitely needs the shield to not get lost in the V.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Penrith last year as well. A little better this year but was better when they had the leaping Panther with the white background. So, you know, people could see it.

Even if they just did this...

newpanthe3882_negate.jpg

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
A single colour logo wouldn't work on the Roosters jersey, definitely needs the shield to not get lost in the V.

Yeh, that would still be great...

If they were just restricted to Black and white (or any 2 colours that contrast each other), they would have to come up with a simple and distinct image rather than these complicated ones that you have to stare at for a minute to know what youre looking at.

Teams could go with a simple version of their mascot...
eagle239_bw.jpg

bulldogc13919_bw.jpg

Teams could go with a stylised letter...
SetWidth320-capwaz.JPG

magpies_1930.jpg

Just make it simple and recognisable!!!!

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
Even if they just did this...

newpanthe3882_negate.jpg

Yeh, that would still be great...

If they were just restricted to Black and white (or any 2 colours that contrast each other), they would have to come up with a simple and distinct image rather than these complicated ones that you have to stare at for a minute to know what youre looking at.

Teams could go with a simple version of their mascot...
eagle239_bw.jpg

bulldogc13919_bw.jpg

Reducing these logos to two-colour makes them look like drafts (you've also managed to make a bad panthers logo look worse). You have to specifically design logos for two colour applications, these just look unfinished. I'm not particularly a fan of making all the club logos the same, stylistically. The older clubs SHOULD have more classically styled logos (looking particularly at the Roosters and Sea-Eagles here) but I'm happy for other clubs to keep it more modern.

Teams could go with a stylised letter...
SetWidth320-capwaz.JPG

magpies_1930.jpg

Just make it simple and recognisable!!!!

It took me a bit to realise that logo was the Warriors; the CCC logo was the giveaway, not the tiny hidden Warrior.

rabbitohs95

Bench
I hope Manly go back to and stick to their 2011 jersey which they wore in the grand final (can't remember if they wore it all year though)

Maroon with white stripes for home and white with maroon stripes for away. Perfect.

Personally i'd like to see the Roosters go back to Eastern Suburbs. I know people will argue that it will be a detriment to marketing however I feel like it would increase memberships and crowd attendance around the local area. People that live in the eastern suburbs will feel more of a connection to the team rather than those that see them as Sydney. I feel like because of this more people around the area will commit to the club by attending more games etc. Just my opinion though.

On the logo, i really enjoy the one used from around the late 60's up until the mid 90's. We all know the one, the red cockerel with the blue and white shield. Maybe a remodel (like how the Dogs remodelled their classic logo) would work. The current one now is too gimmicky.

Last edited:

GAZF

First Grade
I hope Manly go back to and stick to their 2011 jersey which they wore in the grand final (can't remember if they wore it all year though)

Maroon with white stripes for home and white with maroon stripes for away. Perfect.

Personally i'd like to see the Roosters go back to Eastern Suburbs. I know people will argue that it will be a detriment to marketing however I feel like it would increase memberships and crowd attendance around the local area. People that live in the eastern suburbs will feel more of a connection to the team rather than those that see them as Sydney. I feel like because of this more people around the area will commit to the club by attending more games etc. Just my opinion though.

On the logo, i really enjoy the one used from around the late 60's up until the mid 90's. We all know the one, the red cockerel with the blue and white shield. Maybe a remodel (like how the Dogs remodelled their classic logo) would work. The current one now is too gimmicky.

Agree with everything here bar the Rooster name. Yes it should change but I'd prefer they take the middle ground with "East Sydney" - is both geographically identifiable and keeps partly in line with tradition.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Does anyone else think the bulldogs home strip should be the striped heritage one they wear occasionally? They used it against the bunnies a few weeks ago and their blue and white stripes against the bunnies green and red was a great contrast and looked excellent on TV. Anyone else agree?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Does anyone else think the bulldogs home strip should be the striped heritage one they wear occasionally? They used it against the bunnies a few weeks ago and their blue and white stripes against the bunnies green and red was a great contrast and looked excellent on TV. Anyone else agree?

I do like it but i'd keep it as a heritage strip. Wear it against Souths, Easts, St George and Parramatta. I prefer it over their away jersey but their home jersey is class.

gzerounian

Juniors
Those look shit

I think everyone agrees that this is the best option for Manly but it will never happen.

keur6e.jpg

I was just trying to come up with a design the club had never done before but still incorporating the thin hoops.

I think if they want to stick to a "v" then they should retry the old "FAI" jerseys like this

2z4ygm0.jpg

If they run with the jerseys in the leaked photographs then I think its a huge step backwards.

gzerounian

Juniors
NRL onesies. Souths one Rusty is wearing would actually make a good jersey with black shorts (looks like Wynum Manly jersey). Sharks and Dogs are decent.

2a9o2t2.jpg

GAZF

First Grade
NRL onesies. Souths one Rusty is wearing would actually make a good jersey with black shorts (looks like Wynum Manly jersey). Sharks and Dogs are decent.

2a9o2t2.jpg

Goes perfectly with team themed sheets on a racing car bed.

Latest posts